Confirmed with Link: Andrei Loktionov traded to Devils for a 5th round pick

Vic Vinegar

Oct 27, 2009
And people laughed at me when I said he should be here over Stoll . And that he has amazing talent to be something special .
He wouldn't score like this on the Kings. Certainly not on the Kings' 3rd line, which is where he would play here.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
He shouldn't be here over Stoll. Loktionov is a completely different player than Stoll, and while he may be able to perform with Kovalchuk, tapping in empty net goals, he would not excel here having to win key faceoffs, blocking shots on the PK, and battling along the boards getting the puck out of our zone. We have Kopitar and Mike Richards. Ellerby for Loktionov was exactly what we needed and is still a good swap.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
And people laughed at me when I said he should be here over Stoll . And that he has amazing talent to be something special .

since the trade:

Loktionov: 4 points
Stoll: 3 points

+/-
L: +3
S: +1

Shots:
L:6
S: 9

PIM
L:2
S:0

Hits
L:1
S:4

Blocks
L:2
S:8

FO
L: 14-23 38%
S: 43-38 53%

Stoll brings way more to the table, sorry. He plays tough minutes and is always out on the PK. He presses, he hits, and gets under other players skin. I can't remember Lokti doing any of that.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Yes and next week we are all complaining again that our offense is dead.

Team is doing well currently and Loktionov would most likely not bring us to the promised land either. Yet the Kings get rid of some skilled players so easily because "the system" does not suit the player or that a specific player is so good at blocking shots. No good philisophy.

Lets face it, when he played center he did very well. He was also one of the best on the PP. Thank God we have won the Cup.

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA

And where is he putting up these numbers? Hint: it isn't on their third line. He would be playing on the third at best for us and that was a waist of his talent. I don't think many thought he wasn't good and a second line center easily. But when we had 3 potential top line centers long term in Kopi, Richards, and Carter. He had no place to go here.

Winger23

May 3, 2007
Yes and next week we are all complaining again that our offense is dead.

Team is doing well currently and Loktionov would most likely not bring us to the promised land either. Yet the Kings get rid of some skilled players so easily because "the system" does not suit the player or that a specific player is so good at blocking shots. No good philisophy.

Lets face it, when he played center he did very well. He was also one of the best on the PP. Thank God we have won the Cup.

I disagree. He has never looked good when up with the club.

You can't seriously think he would replace kopi Richards or even carter on the top lines do You?

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Loktionov was rather injury prone and would become invisible in physical contests. I don't think he's physique is cut for the physical brand of hockey that is expected of Kings forwards. It's significantly easier to score in the wide open Eastern Conference. He wouldn't be scoring at his current pace in a tighter checking and more physical Western Conference. Just look at Ellerby's comments on the difference between both conferences.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Why do we have to have these conversations ?

They start and end with...Play's in the East.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Loktionov was rather injury prone and would become invisible in physical contests. I don't think he's physique is cut for the physical brand of hockey that is expected of Kings forwards. It's significantly easier to score in the wide open Eastern Conference. He wouldn't be scoring at his current pace in a tighter checking and more physical Western Conference. Just look at Ellerby's comments on the difference between both conferences.

Yeah, when things get rough, and you are playing playoff hockey in the west and facing hard hitting defenses nightly, I just can't see Loktionov excelling in that situation.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
I disagree. He has never looked good when up with the club.

You can't seriously think he would replace kopi Richards or even carter on the top lines do You?
If you think he has never looked good, than I dont know what to say anymore. Than you are already very biased IMO or you just dont recognize vision and hands.

I'm okay with Richards but offensively I dont think he's very good. I would not have had a problem to see him on the 3rd line for a few games. What is wrong to try something different. Its not that the Kings played great hockey in the beginning. He already started there once or twice this season. Problem is, in contrast to Purcell, Moulson and Lokti never really got a fair chance. Moulson played a 20+ games, scored a couple of goals and was somehow not good enough. Loktionov had to play wing or 10 minutes a game on the 3rd/4th line. If I see that a specific player just doesnt cut it, like Purcell, I'm okay with it. Even if he's playing well somewhere else.

With Loktionov and Moulson I never had that feeling. Even with Boyle. He's not the best next thing but dude scored 2 goals in a game for us, was playing great and got demoted the very next day ~!

Last edited:

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I was going to say I'm sorry that another Devils fan bumped the thread, but I see it was a Kings fan :laugh:

He's been one of our best forwards of late though. You can tell that he tries to avoid contact, but he's very smart. He's taking the opportunity and running with it, to be honest. He's exactly what this Devils team is missing. We have our big bodied guys like Zajac, Zubrus, Carter, Bernier, Poni, Clarkson, that are good along the boards but we really lacked that dynamic, creative offensive player outside of Kovy and Elias, and to a lesser extent HEnrique.

There's nothing the Kings really could've done. He's continually been giving the opportunity and never ran with it. After a while, you have to realize that two and two don't go together, and get what you can for him. It's what the Devils may run into with Tedenby.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
I'm okay with Richards but offensively I dont think he's very good. I would not have had a problem to see him on the 3rd line for a few games.

We tried Richards on the third line, it was a waste of his talent. Do you know what does work? Richards setting-up Carter for goals game after game like he has been. Lokti needed to be in the top 6 and that was never going to happen for him here. Lokti had no place on this team, period.

Winger23

May 3, 2007
If you think he has never looked good, than I dont know what to say anymore. Than you are already very biased IMO or you just dont recognize vision and hands.

I'm okay with Richards but offensively I dont think he's very good. I would not have had a problem to see him on the 3rd line for a few games. What is wrong to try something different. Its not that the Kings played great hockey in the beginning. He already started there once or twice this season. Problem is, in contrast to Purcell, Moulson and Lokti never really got a fair chance. Moulson played a 20+ games, scored a couple of goals and was somehow not good enough. Loktionov had to play wing or 10 minutes a game on the 3rd/4th line. If I see that a specific player just doesnt cut it, like Purcell, I'm okay with it. Even if he's playing well somewhere else.

With Loktionov and Moulson I never had that feeling. Even with Boyle. He's not the best next thing but dude scored 2 goals in a game for us, was playing great and got demoted the very next day ~!

I never said he didn't have vision or good hands. He is just to small.

There's a reason he didn't stick around when he had the chance. If I remember correctly one of the goals the puck just hit him. Other than that what else did he provide?

Also scoring has not really been an issue since carter has gotten here. The kings will never be in top 10 is scoring playing on a defensive first team.

Last edited:

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
What's interesting is that even with Loktionov scoring at a decent rate, it isn't helping the Devils much. They've only won twice in their last 9 games. But hey at least individually Loktionov got what he wanted.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
What's interesting is that even with Loktionov scoring at a decent rate, it isn't helping the Devils much. They've only won twice in their last 9 games. But hey at least individually Loktionov got what he wanted.

The entire Devils team has been playing pretty bad of late.

So many players are slumping point wise. He started that point streak on the fourth line and slowly moved up to more playing time.

Devils played really bad the first few games he played as a team, but the last two games were better just haven't been able to get wins.

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
Man, reading people still bitter about Moulson, Purcell, Loktionov... it's exhausting. And I'm only reading it, not actually wasting energy being upset about it. At least people stopped complaining about Boyle.

Glad Loktionov is doing well, he's likable and talented. There just wasn't room for him on the Kings.

CTKingsFan

6/11/12 & 6/13/14
Nov 23, 2008
Connecticut

Was gonna say this.

If you look at our ex-young fowards who have excelled (Moulson, Purcell, Simmonds, etc.) They're all playing in the eastern conference.

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
Was gonna say this.

If you look at our ex-young fowards who have excelled (Moulson, Purcell, Simmonds, etc.) They're all playing in the eastern conference.

And playing next to superstar offensive powerhouse centers in systems that emphasize scoring. And Loktionov gets to play next to Kovalchuk from time to time.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
I think its a great thing for Loki to be doing so great.

Loki Moulson Purcell Hickey Boyle, all cast offs who are doing great elsewhere. Looks like our prospects are highly rated and valued for a reason.

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
We got Cup and Ellerby. Loktionov gets to play and so do the Purcell's and Moulson's of the world. Nothing wrong here.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Man, reading people still bitter about Moulson, Purcell, Loktionov... it's exhausting. And I'm only reading it, not actually wasting energy being upset about it. At least people stopped complaining about Boyle.
Its just as exhausting as reading why player x or player y didnt fit in Darryl's system and the other excuses on top of it.

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
Its just as exhausting as reading why player x or player y didnt fit in Darryl's system and the other excuses on top of it.

The only reason people even mention that is when one of those players gets brought up in a thread like this that won't die. Don't put the cart before the horse. Don't think i've ever seen a thread begin with "so X player is finding sucess in X NHL city, here's why he wasn't a good fit in LA."

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
The only reason people even mention that is when one of those players gets brought up in a thread like this that won't die. Don't put the cart before the horse. Don't think i've ever seen a thread begin with "so X player is finding sucess in X NHL city, here's why he wasn't a good fit in LA."
Me neither but its not a crime to continue in a existing one.

In former East-Germany they had solutions for that but those days are over.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad