Confirmed with Link: Andrei Loktionov traded to Devils for a 5th round pick

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Oh well, good luck to the kid. His style of play is probably more suited to the Eastern Conference where going into the corners and winning battles doesn't have the same emphasis as it does in the West.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Good luck to Lotki, but not too much because we didn't get **** for him. ;)

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
He was a 5th rounder anyway, so whatever. Would have been nice to work out a bigger deal for a defenceman though. At least Lombardi gave Loki his big break.

bobafettish*

a 5th rounder?, i wonder if thats the best offer or hes throwing a bone at lou.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Why not hold onto him and see if the price goes up for some reason? Maybe they don't want a guy who wants to get dealt around young guys that are developing their game.

Asked to be traded, hasn't done much at the NHL level, and had little chance to be a King. If there was a better offer out there, I'm sure Lombardi takes it.

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
Why not hold onto him and see if the price goes up for some reason? Maybe they don't want a guy who wants to get dealt around young guys that are developing their game.

OR, giving Loktionov his opportunity in the NHL was more important to Lombardi than squeezing a 4th out of somebody than we think.

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
That's weird. So much for Westgarth, so little for Little Lokti...but that's not the weird part.

We couldn't use him because his size doesn't fit our system. So we trade him to New Jersey, who plays the most similar system as us...

I guess they really needed a 1st line center...in Albany.

Last edited:

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
Was hoping for a better return but in all honesty his value is probably at an all-time low right now. I'll just copy-paste what I wrote on the trade board:

You'd be very lucky to get a player of his caliber in the 5th round, the Kings did but now they trade him for another 5th rounder. That's like winning the lottery and buying lottery tickets with your winnings :laugh:

Oh well, there wasn't any room for him on the Kings. He needs wingers who can score and the Kings don't have that in their bottom 6 and if a top 6 center goes down Carter just takes that spot, so there was realistically no way he'd ever make it with the Kings. He can play wing but his strengths are as a playmaker so he's best suited as a center.

I thought he'd fetch at least a mid round pick but he hasn't shown much in the past few years on the team and his AHL numbers aren't what they should be. Add to that the Russian factor (even if he seems committed to the NHL) and him asking for a trade I can see how the value is low. Good buy-low deal for the Devils though.

bobafettish*

i kind of hope he fails. dont want to see another purcell/moulson situation

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Moulson plays with John Tavares, Purcell plays with two of the best playmaking/shootes the NHL has every seen outside of a Handful of players.

A 5th for Loki is what you can expect for someone that has shown zip at the NHL level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad