Andrei Kostitsyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
I know alot of people don't really like him, but the kid has been lighting it up the past couple games. I don't think anyone can say something bad about him now. He's playing great and putting up points despite his 5 minute icetime.

If the Bulldogs make the playoffs, it's because of great play by guys like him, Plekanec, Higgins and Danis. Alot of people think these guys are overrated, and they probably are by some, but there's no denying how well they have been playing recently.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
waffledave said:
I know alot of people don't really like him, but the kid has been lighting it up the past couple games. I don't think anyone can say something bad about him now. He's playing great and putting up points despite his 5 minute icetime.

If the Bulldogs make the playoffs, it's because of great play by guys like him, Plekanec, Higgins and Danis. Alot of people think these guys are overrated, and they probably are by some, but there's no denying how well they have been playing recently.

I don't really think people don't like him, if he was drafted by a different team i'm convinced that he'd be much more liked round' here, nevertheless, he's played really well since he came back from the WJC's, especially if you consider the icetime he's been getting or should i say lack there of...I read that an announcer at a recent Bulldogs game, compared Kostitsyn shot to Joe Sakic's, at the time I thought he was being a little biased, then I saw the highlite of his goal in the shootout last night, and I understand why they say that now...did anyone see it, the goalie didin't even have time to react, the puck was in the back of the net and he looked like he wasn't even trying...

I don't care what anyone says, this kid has serious talent, he's got the whole package but he's still raw and only recently turned 20yrs old, imagine where he'll be starting next September...scary IMO

Meat Wave

Apr 4, 2003
Canada
417 TO MTL said:
[...] I saw the highlite of his goal in the shootout last night, and I understand why they say that now...did anyone see it, the goalie didin't even have time to react, the puck was in the back of the net and he looked like he wasn't even trying...

I totally agree. I saw the highlights too and that was one wicked wrist shot. It had great velocity on it and it was as accurate as it gets (just inside the far post). As the commentators mentionned it, the goalie Clemmensen didn't even have time to react. Now if he can use his shot more often (and get more ice time from Doug Jarvis), he will be one heck of a goal-scorer. It's going to be tough getting more ice time though, as the team is pretty stacked with talent since Miettinen is back and Bégin has joined the team.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Chipchura said:
I totally agree. I saw the highlights too and that was one wicked wrist shot. It had great velocity on it and it was as accurate as it gets (just inside the far post). As the commentators mentionned it, the goalie Clemmensen didn't even have time to react. Now if he can use his shot more often (and get more ice time from Doug Jarvis), he will be one heck of a goal-scorer. It's going to be tough getting more ice time though, as the team is pretty stacked with talent since Miettinen is back and Bégin has joined the team.

Yeah, it is going to be tough for him to get icetime, as the Bulldogs are closing in on a playoff spot...they played extremely well lately...that being said, anything Kostitsyn does this year IMO is a bonus, next year is where I think he'll truly make his mark

bruins4777*

Higgins? come on.

If there is any reason the bull dogs make the playoffs it will be dannis and plekanec, but mostly dannis

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Fozz said:
If you mean Jocelyn Lemieux, then I agree.
Kvasha has the edge in size, strength, speed, and shot. Can't put it all together.

Meat Wave

Apr 4, 2003
Canada
bruins4777 said:
Higgins? come on.

If there is any reason the bull dogs make the playoffs it will be dannis and plekanec, but mostly dannis

You must not have seen many Bulldogs games lately because Higgins is the most dominant player on the ice night after night since the All-star break.

bruins4777*

Chipchura said:
You must not have many Bulldogs games lately because Higgins is the most dominant player on the ice night after night since the All-star break.

I see, didn't know he had some kind of revival. I'm still skeptical about him, but ok.

MentalPowerHouse

Oct 11, 2003
All I know is that my brother works for the bulldogs and sees every home game and he has told me all year that Andrei has looked like garbage and is as weak as a twig.

Yeah if he toughens up maybe he can be a good player but you can say that about alot of guys.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
bruins4777 said:
I see, didn't know he had some kind of revival. I'm still skeptical about him, but ok.

Higgins has been dominating lately. I think he had a 4 point game the other night.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
MentalPowerHouse said:
All I know is that my brother works for the bulldogs and sees every home game and he has told me all year that Andrei has looked like garbage and is as weak as a twig.

Yeah if he toughens up maybe he can be a good player but you can say that about alot of guys.

Well your brother is wrong, or he's looking at the wrong player, if anything, weak is the last thing anyone would call Kostitsyn, he's very strong on his skates and is a load to knock off the puck, your brother is wrong

Meat Wave

Apr 4, 2003
Canada
417 TO MTL said:
Well your brother is wrong, or he's looking at the wrong player, if anything, weak is the last thing anyone would call Kostitsyn, he's very strong on his skates and is a load to knock off the puck, your brother is wrong

What he said.

Kostitsyn and weak don't belong in the same sentence.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Chipchura said:
What he said.

Kostitsyn and weak don't belong in the same sentence.

This is just going to turn into a ...

Habs fans = pro Kostitsyn
Others =anti Kostitsyn

Plain and simple, some Habs fans are going to post over zealous expectations of him, while others will try to come up with a bunch of lame fabrications as to why he'll bust...

Oh!

and expect the ever popular "Kostitsyn is a boom or bust type of prospect that one never fails

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad