Andrei Kostitsyn Invited to Camp (Staying in Traktor)

MillarWithASave

#CatsAreComing
Dec 12, 2011
Melbourne, FL
Unless something changed from last night -- we have GR saying he can't and Fialkov saying he can. I am still likely going to wait on this until we have both beatwriters at least saying the same thing imo.

I don't think GR ever said he can't he just said he couldn't confirm anything.

George Richards ‏@GeorgeRichards
No I cannot; RDS reports that “@Panthersfan9: GR, can you concretely confirm if Andrei Kostitsyn has been invited to camp? Seems iffy.â€

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
I don't think GR ever said he can't he just said he couldn't confirm anything.

Yeah my post wasn't that clear- I should have said GR can't confirm it. What I meant was GR can't confirm it, and Fialkov saying he can confirm it. I tend to stay with what GR is saying though. Sounds like Fialkov is just confirming it based off the RDS report.

MillarWithASave

#CatsAreComing
Dec 12, 2011
Melbourne, FL
Yeah my post wasn't that clear- I should have said GR can't confirm it. What I meant was GR can't confirm it, and Fialkov saying he can confirm it. I tend to stay with what GR is saying though. Sounds like Fialkov is just confirming it based off the RDS report.

Yeah, I'm not going to trust anything Fialkov says either, but I was just pointing it out. :)

Qui Gon Dave

Aug 3, 2005
Cheshire, England
Andrei himself said in an interview for the Traktor website that he is staying where he is until the end of the current season and will then see what his options are: Link

Andrei Kostitsyn said:
Lockout is close to being over. Any thoughts?
My deal expires at the end of 2012/2013 season. I am happy though for those guys who will be able to play an NHL season, even if an incomplete one. As for me, I’m staying in Traktor until the end of the season, and then we will see how this one is going to play out.

You said you were glad for those who would go back to NHL. Do you think every one of NHL comers wants to be back to the States?
I can’t tell for everyone, but all of those who I know want to go back to North America.

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
Now with the news of him staying in the KHL and we're thin at the moment on right wing, it was brought up by fans on Twitter the idea of maybe giving Jonathan Cheechoo a tryout. He did get 56 points in 70 games last season in the AHL and still plays with determination to be a regular NHL player again.

I figure why not? No harm, no foul.

MillarWithASave

#CatsAreComing
Dec 12, 2011
Melbourne, FL
Now with the news of him staying in the KHL and we're thin at the moment on right wing, it was brought up by fans on Twitter the idea of maybe giving Jonathan Cheechoo a tryout. He did get 56 points in 70 games last season in the AHL and still plays with determination to be a regular NHL player again.

I figure why not? No harm, no foul.

I think he is a career AHL player, he was just at the right place at the right time kind of deal. I only see him putting up 20-25 points in a full season.

Qui Gon Dave

Aug 3, 2005
Cheshire, England
Hi Panthers fans, just wondering if any of you had heard anything about Andrei Kostitsyn potentially joining the Panthers after the KHL season ends or potentially next season? Sorry if this has/is being discussed elsewhere.

The reason I ask is because I just saw this interview with him which was uploaded on Feb 1st: Link

There’s no way you got your suntan during winter in Chelyabinsk!
Where else could I get it if not under ferocious Chelyabinsk sun? I’m just kidding; of course I went to a sun parlor several times.

You could have gotten the same suntan under scorching Florida sun since Panthers are interested in you. Or is it just a rumor?
No, they were and they still are. Problem is someone there must have thought I had a lockout release clause in my contract with Traktor.

Having learned that, did they contact Traktor at all?
Yes, they did; together we worked out an agreement that I finish my season in Traktor and then join Panthers.

It seemed as if you were upset to see the NHL comers get back to North America without you…
I think NHL is the next stage of my career. All I’m thinking about for now is Traktor and how I can contribute to team’s success.

Would you guys be happy to see this happen? As a long time AK fan, I can't wait to see him get back to the NHL but now you've seen the Panthers play some games at last, do you think he'd fit in / help out / or not?

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Hi Panthers fans, just wondering if any of you had heard anything about Andrei Kostitsyn potentially joining the Panthers after the KHL season ends or potentially next season? Sorry if this has/is being discussed elsewhere.

The reason I ask is because I just saw this interview with him which was uploaded on Feb 1st: Link

Would you guys be happy to see this happen? As a long time AK fan, I can't wait to see him get back to the NHL but now you've seen the Panthers play some games at last, do you think he'd fit in / help out / or not?

Well this is news to me. I would welcome him.

Quick look seems it's april when it ends. How would he be able to join us? Can UFA's be signed after the trade deadline?

Qui Gon Dave

Aug 3, 2005
Cheshire, England
When does the KHL season usually end?

Some point in April, not sure exactly when. I suppose if his team doesn't do well in the playoffs he could be available some time sooner. Regular season ends in Feb I think.

Edit: Trade deadline in the NHL is April 3rd this season so Andrei's playoffs may be over by then. Even if not, I'm sure he could sign a contract before then that would allow him to finish the season with Traktor and join up with Florida whenever his KHL season ends.

Last edited:

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
looks like their last regular season game is on february 17th, but then playoffs. im all for him coming here. might mess up our draft ranking tho haha

CoolburnIsGone

I'd like to bring him in but the question I have then is who goes? So I guess Tallon needs to figure out how to put him in a top 6-9 role. He's got the talent to play a top 6 role and he'd be an excellent acquisition like we made a trade at the deadline.

Right now, I think our lines are mostly playing well and AKost is not gonna play on the 4th line. I dont see us changing up the top line of Flash-Weiss-Steeger so that leaves the other 2 lines as possibilities. My feeling right now is that Kovalev is the only one that should be replaced. I'd shift Huberdeau down a line to be paired with Goc & Kopecky and have a 2nd line of AKost-Shore-Mueller. The only other option is sending Shore back to the AHL and I just think that wont make sense if he keeps playing the way he has.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
I'd like to bring him in but the question I have then is who goes? So I guess Tallon needs to figure out how to put him in a top 6-9 role. He's got the talent to play a top 6 role and he'd be an excellent acquisition like we made a trade at the deadline.

Right now, I think our lines are mostly playing well and AKost is not gonna play on the 4th line. I dont see us changing up the top line of Flash-Weiss-Steeger so that leaves the other 2 lines as possibilities. My feeling right now is that Kovalev is the only one that should be replaced. I'd shift Huberdeau down a line to be paired with Goc & Kopecky and have a 2nd line of AKost-Shore-Mueller. The only other option is sending Shore back to the AHL and I just think that wont make sense if he keeps playing the way he has.

If we have injuries to the top 9 he could be an option. I don't see Shore leaving. Too good in the circle, plays a reliable 2 way game, and has earned his spot, imo. We'd also have to be in contention for the playoffs for Tallon to bring him aboard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad