Andrei Kostitsyn Invited to Camp (Staying in Traktor)

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
Fedorov still playing?

You know, Peltonen is still playing ;)

peltem.jpg

vaya

Apr 15, 2009
montreal
Habs fan here, Kostitsyn disappears for stretches of time but he's more than serviceable and is good for about 20 goals every year. I wouldn't have minded seeing him with the Habs for less money than he was making. Could be a good pickup for the Panthers.

Erick*

NOOOOOOOO. I have never liked AK, I hope he doesn't make the team. He is not Panther material, REALLY hoping he stays as far away from the Panthers as possible.

You liked the Svatos deal; why not this one?
Kostitsyn is the best player of the three.

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
I am questioning somewhat the camp invite considering A. Kostitsyn signed a proper contract with Traktor earlier this year, not a lockout contract. Thus, I guess we'll just have to see if Lavoie is correct (as he is the original source). So I think we should just wait and see on this one guys.

GR has concretely confirmed svatos and kovalev.

MillarWithASave

#CatsAreComing
Dec 12, 2011
Melbourne, FL
You liked the Svatos deal; why not this one?
Kostitsyn is the best player of the three.

I think AK is a good player, and don't get me wrong.. he would probably add to the teams success by a decent margin. But I really don't like his attitude and him. I never have, but I can't be judgmental until I know what happens between him and the Panthers. But he has always stuck out to me as being one of those "Radulov" players.

I agree with you. AK is the best player out of three, but I think he is the least likely to sign because he won't leave the KHL. Just being honest.

floridada

Jan 31, 2009
Florida
I think AK is a good player, and don't get me wrong.. he would probably add to the teams success by a decent margin. But I really don't like his attitude and him. I never have, but I can't be judgmental until I know what happens between him and the Panthers. But he has always stuck out to me as being one of those "Radulov" players.

I agree with you. AK is the best player out of three, but I think he is the least likely to sign because he won't leave the KHL. Just being honest.
If he won't leave the KHL then why would he bother wasting his time with a tryout?

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Would be nice.

We need more goal scorers, at least until our young guys fully mature.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
27 yr old Kostitsyn (keep away from South Beach) > 30 yr old Svatos >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 40 yr old Alex Kovalev

flapanthersfan

May 5, 2010
Miami, FL

Kovalev has one of the worst attitudes in hockey - far worse than AK47. he's always been a lazy slug. He's just insanely talented. At 39, he can't rely on his skills alone anymore, and as they say, i doubt you can teach an old dog new tricks (AKA: effort)

I'd love to see Kostistyn signed, and Svatos signed to a two-way deal. Best case scenario IMO. If Kovalev signs, he's be this years Wolski. He's probably the best shootout player in the NHL (at least in my opinion)

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
CONFIRMED

@hfialkov Hey Harvey... can you confirm Andrei Kostitsyn receiving a tryout from the Panthers?

Fialkov‏@hfialkov

@AlexShalloway yes

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
Unless something changed from last night -- we have GR saying he can't and Fialkov saying he can. I am still likely going to wait on this until we have both beatwriters at least saying the same thing imo.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Great move by Florida management bringing him in. This could end up like Afinogenov with Atlanta a few years ago. Can't believe a team like Calgary or NYI didn't offer him a contract, but good for Florida taking the initiative and picking up a very good player. There is no doubt in my mind that he makes the team.

CoolburnIsGone

As I said in the Kovalev thread, if he made the team, a trade/move would have to happen since we're at the 50 contract limit once Kulikov is re-signed.

AKost was making $3.25M on his last contract and I gotta assume Traktor gave him similar money so I'm not sure we are gonna give him something that high. Most I'd be willing to do is like $2.5M/yr till he proved himself with us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad