Andrei Kostitsyn Invited to Camp (Staying in Traktor)

harv33173

Oct 5, 2003
why not? we can sign him and trade for a draft pick, or whatever. teams have always traded for rights of a player. why is this any different and why can't we do this if there is already an agreement?

CoolburnIsGone

why not? we can sign him and trade for a draft pick, or whatever. teams have always traded for rights of a player. why is this any different and why can't we do this if there is already an agreement?
Come on man, this is pretty much common sense. Why would AKost sign with us only to be then traded? He could sign with whatever other team wanted him in the trade then instead. Its pretty clear based on the comments by AKost that the Panthers want him if they've negotiated with Traktor to get his release after the season so just forget about the sign & trade thing. We can easily move someone else out if he fits the team as well as Tallon hopes.

harv33173

Oct 5, 2003
Come on man, this is pretty much common sense. Why would AKost sign with us only to be then traded? He could sign with whatever other team wanted him in the trade then instead. Its pretty clear based on the comments by AKost that the Panthers want him if they've negotiated with Traktor to get his release after the season so just forget about the sign & trade thing. We can easily move someone else out if he fits the team as well as Tallon hopes.

hey man, don't you understand, IT'S AN OPTION!!!!!!! i want him here, but there are many options!!!!!! we may already have a deal with him pending the end of their season, so many things are possible!!! get it?

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Yeah, but it won't happen Harv.

I'm not opposed to AKost, of course, but he still leans toward the softer side I wish we'd get away from. Need a player his style, again, I long for the Lucic, Richards, Backes, etc.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
hey man, don't you understand, IT'S AN OPTION!!!!!!! i want him here, but there are many options!!!!!! we may already have a deal with him pending the end of their season, so many things are possible!!! get it?

No it's not an option. Now it's possible we sign him then trade him at the deadline if we are out of the race. But there is no possible scenario where he is signed then trad before ever playing a game with the panthers organization

flapanthersfan

May 5, 2010
Miami, FL

are you seriously trying to be condescending when you're completely and utterly wrong?

a sign and trade with andrei kostitsyn is not an option.. get that thru your head because it has a 0.00% chance of ever occurring.

as has been mentioned SEVERAL times, sign and trades do not happen in the NHL. there is no incentive for the acquiring team OR the player to perform a sign and trade, like there is in the NBA. it is not an option, plain and simple.

get it?:laugh:

harv33173

Oct 5, 2003
are you seriously trying to be condescending when you're completely and utterly wrong?

a sign and trade with andrei kostitsyn is not an option.. get that thru your head because it has a 0.00% chance of ever occurring.

as has been mentioned SEVERAL times, sign and trades do not happen in the NHL. there is no incentive for the acquiring team OR the player to perform a sign and trade, like there is in the NBA. it is not an option, plain and simple.

get it?:laugh:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::handclap::yo::shakehead:shakehead;);):D

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Wouldn't he have to go through waivers, then someone would be able to pick him up like Wings Isles Nabby situation.
IIRC there was some special rule placed for this season about waivers and players coming over from Europe, for example Fehr played in Finland without a contract and then signed with Caps and didn't have to pass waivers. :dunno:

Erick*

So, is this actually happening later this year? I'm not his biggest fan, but it would be an upgrade to our team without a doubt.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
So, is this actually happening later this year? I'm not his biggest fan, but it would be an upgrade to our team without a doubt.

It might be enough to push us over the top into a playoff berth. I'm not a huge fan either, but beggers can't be choosers. Similar to Kovalev.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad