Andrei Kastsitsyn ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

CH Wizard

What's his upside ??? Could you give me a clue of what type of player he's and What is the maximum of goals and assist can he have in the NHL ??? And does he can be a ALL STAR one day ??? I know it's a little bit early to ask these questions but try and if he reachs all of his potential he can a very good player IMO I know time will tell but make your predictions.

Rate his potential on 10 ,I rate him 8.5/10

Any thoughs ???

Last edited by a moderator:

Habs4Life

Aug 29, 2003
Saint John, NB
I would say he has the potential to be a 50 goal scorer. He certainley has the skill but only time will tell.. From a rating of 1-10 i would rate him a 8.

Ejh18

Mar 3, 2003
Columbus
Visit site
thegreatone said:
What is his upside ??? Could you give me a clue of what type of player he's and What is the maximum of goals and assist can he have in the NHL ??? And does he can be a ALL STAR one day ??? I know it's a little bit early to ask these questions but try and if he reachs all of his potential he can a very good player IMO

Any thoughs ???

If you dont have any of the answers to your question... how on earth can you rate him a 8.5/10?

:dunno:

sharkyz15

Jul 13, 2003
The Dirty Dirty SC
Visit site
thegreatone said:
What is his upside ??? Could you give me a clue of what type of player he's and What is the maximum of goals and assist can he have in the NHL ??? And does he can be a ALL STAR one day ??? I know it's a little bit early to ask these questions but try and if he reachs all of his potential he can a very good player IMO

Any thoughs ???

I would rate him 7.5-8 its kind of hard to rank him because he does have potential but he really seemed to have struggled in the RSL where other (leser) prospects out preformed him ie Igor Mirnov

CH Wizard

Ejh18 said:
If you dont have any of the answers to your question... how on earth can you rate him a 8.5/10?

:dunno:

I just want thougs of others posters ,I have a clue of what kind players he's hey he's a prospect on my team it's weird to don't know on him but I want thougs of the others posters and from what I've read on him and I rate him by his offensive skills 8.5 I think it's his maximum potential and I can rank him is 6/10 due to his lack in defences and he struggled in CSKA (it's his minimum potential IMO) but IMO 8.5 is a good rating for him.

bossy22

Mar 14, 2004
Calgary
Lots of info and write ups on the Habs board.

He's going to be at the Habs development camp next week so it will be the first time a lot of people, including the media, will get to have a good look at him.

IMO, he's still 2-3 years away from the Habs. His offensive skills are impressive but he has struggled playing against men in the RSL. He tears it up playing against kids his own age and it will be fun to watch him at the U20 WC this year. Hopefully, he can make it to Hamilton for some work on his game and to have an opportunity to adjust to NA life before being thrown to the lions in Montreal.

CH Wizard

bossy22 said:
Lots of info and write ups on the Habs board.

He's going to be at the Habs development camp next week so it will be the first time a lot of people, including the media, will get to have a good look at him.

IMO, he's still 2-3 years away from the Habs. His offensive skills are impressive but he has struggled playing against men in the RSL. He tears it up playing against kids his own age and it will be fun to watch him at the U20 WC this year. Hopefully, he can make it to Hamilton for some work on his game and to have an opportunity to adjust to NA life before being thrown to the lions in Montreal.

AGREE 100 % !!!

CH Wizard

Vlad The Impaler said:
Some questions are better left unanswered...

I know what you mean but I ask to make predictions by his POTENTIAL.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Habs4Life said:
I would say he has the potential to be a 50 goal scorer.
Ohh yea, I have him much better than Kovalchuk, and all the other players that didn't score 50 goals this year... ohh wait...

I realize you said potential and you probably didn't really think about it, but seriously; come on now. You score 30 goals in the NHL today and you're one of the best snipers in the game.

Health concerns or not, "potential 50 goal scorers" don't drop to 10th. There are maybe 4-5 potential 50 goal scorers in the NHL.

db23

thegreatone said:
I know what you mean but I ask to make predictions by his POTENTIAL.

I honestly think that at the moment his chances of playing in the NHL are only about 50/50. He may have been the best 18 year old in Belarus (although even that is arguable) a year ago, but that was about all anyone could say about him. A year later there are serious questions about his talent and his character.

bossy22

Mar 14, 2004
Calgary
db23 said:
I honestly think that at the moment his chances of playing in the NHL are only about 50/50. He may have been the best 18 year old in Belarus (although even that is arguable) a year ago, but that was about all anyone could say about him. A year later there are serious questions about his talent and his character.

I have not seen any reports that questions his talent or character. Besides a bad year with CSKA, the kid had great succeses elsewhere.

No doubt the kid needs more time to develop. There are not too many 18/19 year olds who play in an elite men's league, who become automatic stars. Yes, there are some but all the pieces come together for them. For Kasts, he didn't recieve much ice time so its tough to develop. Against kids his age, he is in the top 10 offensive junior aged players in the world IMO. Can't wait to see him at U20 WJC.
Give the kid some time to develop.

CH Wizard

bossy22 said:
I have not seen any reports that questions his talent or character. Besides a bad year with CSKA, the kid had great succeses elsewhere.

No doubt the kid needs more time to develop. There are not too many 18/19 year olds who play in an elite men's league, who become automatic stars. Yes, there are some but all the pieces come together for them. For Kasts, he didn't recieve much ice time so its tough to develop. Against kids his age, he is in the top 10 offensive junior aged players in the world IMO. Can't wait to see him at U20 WJC.
Give the kid some time to develop.

Yeah you're right ! He impress me too ,he had good stats at CSKA-2 but he strugled a lot in CSKA that means he's not ready the thing I don't like is that the fans expect too much of him ,We have to give him some time , the perfect thing who would happen for him is to go in the AHL next year.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
db23 said:

Why don't you go to the development camp on friday, and come back and tell us about his talent or lack of. I think you should wait till you have seen him play, instead you just bash him at every chance.

db23

It would be a long trip for me to see the development camp. Not that I wouldn't like to. The guy asked for an opinion on Kastitsyn. You gave one, others offered theirs, I gave mine. You can't expect them all to agree. Saying a prospect has 50% chance of playing in the NHL isn't really "bashing" him. His first year at a higher level of competition wasn't very successful which would lead most to think that his talent level may have been overrated. He did not get along with his coach, which would lead to you to wonder about his attitiude. I think there are legitimate questions both his skill and his attitude. Perhaps those will be answered soon, and I would be quite happy to be proven wrong.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
db23 said:
It would be a long trip for me to see the development camp. Not that I wouldn't like to. The guy asked for an opinion on Kastitsyn. You gave one, others offered theirs, I gave mine. You can't expect them all to agree. Saying a prospect has 50% chance of playing in the NHL isn't really "bashing" him. His first year at a higher level of competition wasn't very successful which would lead most to think that his talent level may have been overrated. He did not get along with his coach, which would lead to you to wonder about his attitiude. I think there are legitimate questions both his skill and his attitude. Perhaps those will be answered soon, and I would be quite happy to be proven wrong.

Yes but over the months you seem to go out of your way to put down Kastsitsyn, even though you've never seen him. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's just hard to take some people serious when they repeat the same thing over and over.

As for his year in the RSL, yes in 11 games, 1 point is not good, even though it was on the 4th line. If you look back at that time Zherdev was in a major scoring slump as he went goal less for a long strech. His numbers were brutal after such a great season last year. Zherdev on went to play very well in the NHL. I'm not saying Kastsitsyn will have any success at all in the NHL, just that numbers don't tell all, especially considering it's only 11 games on the 4th line. Outside of the RSL, he was close to a goal a game in the 1st league, helped CSKA-2 win the championship, took part in his 4th U-20 tournament and can play in this years as well, took part in his 3rd World Championship team, both winning their divisions and he was one of the top scorers on both teams, and winning the EEHL championship while in Belarus getting ready for the WC's.

For all his positives, there are also downsides. His offensive game is special, but his defensive game is so poor. As for attiude, look no further then his coach who has been called one of the most difficult coaches to play for in hockey. (I don't think Mike Keenan ever punched his star player in gut)

Hopefully Kastsitsyn is signed so we can get a good look at what he can do. I've only seen him twice, but he was very fun to watch in those games.

CH Wizard

db23 said:

You just read on him but if you want to have a clue on him you have to watch him play at least on time , you can't say that Kastsitsyn is not good because ,he struggled in CSKA ,he was 19 years old and me I am not confident in Tikhonov and he was playing in the fourth line so if he comes to NA you can see him on your own eyes you haven't see him play yet so when you'll see him play and after you could see if he's good or not so db23 stop saying that Kast is not good because he don't have good stats in CSKA and I read that there gonna be a new coach in CSKA maybe if KAst will play in CSKA next year it's gonna be good for him and he had very good stats in CSKA-2 and Montreal (the poster) saw him play in 2 games and he described what he did in those 2 games so he's the right man to listen ,He know what kind of player Kast is or if he has a lot of talent(I don't think that his talent is so OVERRATED from the description of what he did in those 2 games) because he saw him play.

BTW Montreal , the developpement camp is this friday ???? Do you will go there and watch some prospects here so if this camp is available to the public I am sure you'll go and if you gonna go there please make us a report on what you'll see on Kastsitsyn :)

db23

It may seem like I'm saying he is "no good" simply because I respond to posts like this that say he will be a 50 goal scorer in the NHL or is the next pavel Bure or whatnot. Various things will limit a young players opportunities to be a successful NHL player - talent, drive, health, attitude, style, etc. None of them is necessarily any more important than the others because each one on it's own is the weakest link in the chain. Nothing I've seen or heard about Kastitisyn leads me to believe that he doesn't have at least one "weak link" in his "chain".

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
db23 said:
It may seem like I'm saying he is "no good" simply because I respond to posts like this that say he will be a 50 goal scorer in the NHL or is the next pavel Bure or whatnot. Various things will limit a young players opportunities to be a successful NHL player - talent, drive, health, attitude, style, etc. None of them is necessarily any more important than the others because each one on it's own is the weakest link in the chain. Nothing I've seen or heard about Kastitisyn leads me to believe that he doesn't have at least one "weak link" in his "chain".

Sure he has a weak link, it's his defensive game. He looks like Ribeiro when he was 19 trying to figure out what to do in his own end during his short stint with the Habs as a rookie. He just doens't seem to know how to play defensive hockey, and that could come back to haunt him and the Habs. Health is also a big concern, although I can't say anything on that. I haven't heard any back problems this year, and the only incident he from his illness was missing a few games early in the season when they changed his meds.

db23

The competition for NHL jobs, especially regular NHL jobs, is so intense that a young player has to have nearly everything going right for him to succeed. There are just too many question marks surrounding Kastitisyn at this time for me to think he will be an impact player. Same with Perezhogin. Both are too close to the edge of oblivion as NHL prospects. One thing can send them over the edge.

Sammy*

db23 said:
. Both are too close to the edge of oblivion as NHL prospects. One thing can send them over the edge.
With respect, you are an idiot.
And I am not even a Hab fan.
And btw, I am hardly unique in this view.

CH Wizard

db23 said:
With respect , stuff it up your 5 hole.
And I am a Hab fan. :D

db23 first go watch Kast and after tell us if he's good or not because you are bashing him at every chance you even say in the another board that he's the next Pavel Brendl :shakehead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia