Confirmed with Link: Andreas Anthanasiou 2 year extension $4.25 million aav

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Don’t lump Guttman in with Wagner and Hardman…Guttman will be an NHLer over those two

As of now this is our NHL forward group

soon to be drafted Bedard

TJohnson
Athanasiou
Dickinson

Reichel

Raddysh
Katchouk
Guttman
resigned Anderson

resigned Bjork
Entwistle
RJohnson
Blackwell
resigned Wagner

July 1st will change this group but as far as I’m concerned
I’m thinking Raddysh and Katchouk might not be here. The hockey scandal is supposed to come out after the cup finals, and if implicated they’re getting straight up cut.

Sinbad

Jun 22, 2018
Parts Unknown
I think Davidson is guarding against striking out in free agency and cap dumps. It really signals to me we are really trying to tank again this year and see where we are next year. Same team as last year subbing in Reichel for Kane and Bedard for Toews.
Totally agree. You know what is worse then overpaying AA by $1m per season for two years… sitting there late in August and needing to spend $15m to reach the cap floor.

The last thing I want to see is Davidson paying to take on negative cap hits because he sat on his wallet and is now under the gun to get to the cap floor.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Interested to see what Kurashev is signed for

We can pay Kurashev 3mil and Domi 7.5 and we still dont meet the floor. I wonder if Bertuzzi or Killorn gets brought it at a crazy high cap with 2 year term.

Last edited:

Idionym

Apr 6, 2015
Chicago
I’m thinking Raddysh and Katchouk might not be here. The hockey scandal is supposed to come out after the cup finals, and if implicated they’re getting straight up cut.
I think Raddysh was out of town when it happened, which would be an insane lie to tell given how easily verifiable it is. I think he'll be on the team next year. Katchouk is more up in the air.

giza

Jul 19, 2011
If AA gets that, Domi will be getting at least $6MM per year for a multi-year....but he played well for us and in the playoffs (that I saw) and he stands up for teammates.....so I wouldn't have a problem with him for 2 years at that price.

EddieTheEagle

Sep 17, 2006
Domi will sign longer for slightly more somewhere else. He wants security at this point. Can't see him betting on a 2-year deal. My guess would be 4X4.5M to a team with space, maybe DET.

EddieTheEagle

Sep 17, 2006
we can give him 3x7 and he can go get another contract after that. More money.
I think $7M per year isn't ideal given that I think the Hawks will be somewhat frugal with space to take more dumps, etc. over the next few years. $11.5M in Domi and AA isn't great. If he would shave some off the $7M price tag, sure.

I know we need to spend $20M in total to hit the floor but using more than half for those guys limits you to like 2 dumps. I'd like to see a VAN guy here (Boeser/Garland) so that is ~$6M, then Bailey for $5M, and maybe a Murray snag for another $6.25M. It adds up quickly. I understand some of these expire after this year but would like to remain as flexible as possible.

Pertti

Dec 1, 2019
Problem is not the money nor years but fact that AA is very bad on ice.

Why this might be good.

If he is good in locker room.
FO thinks they can't get much out of cap dump market.
FO thinks free agent market is bad.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
I wonder, as the cap is supposed to really go up the next 2 years after this, if players will do shorties waiting on that to cash in for more in a couple years?

EmeticDonut

Oct 7, 2006
Not a biggie. Being upset about the money is just asinine. Term is fine and as many already said the Hawks will be in the process of rebuilding upcoming season too. And AA had a good end to last season.
PS. His surname is Athanasiou. And I also thought all this time that he was a Swedish national.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Not a biggie. Being upset about the money is just asinine. Term is fine and as many already said the Hawks will be in the process of rebuilding upcoming season too. And AA had a good end to last season.
PS. His surname is Athanasiou. And I also thought all this time that he was a Swedish national.

He is trash 3/4 of season and is generally a waste of roster spot

I would rather have a guy put in 82 game effort signed and playing then a guy who is MIA or outright putrid majority of year

AA is crappy player

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014

Lol Davidson has already f***ed the market up
Look for the Chicago Blackhawks to set the free-agent market early by signing 40-point man Andreas Athanasiou to a two-year, $8.5-million deal.

Been saying it, Davidson playing 4D chess, forcing other orgs to dump their cap dumps to us for assets.

u2wojo

Dec 22, 2011
Kura
Interested to see what Kurashev is signed for

We can pay Kurashev 3mil and Domi 7.5 and we still dont meet the floor. I wonder if Bertuzzi or Killorn gets brought it at a crazy high cap with 2 year term.
we are at 46 million for a 14 man roster leaving 9 spots open. Kurashev/Domi at 10.5 gets us to 56.5 with 7 roster spots open....or well above the floor with just league minimum players.

On Kurashev, if we are going 3 it better be with some term. I would be pretty happy rolling the dice on him if we can get him in the 2.5-3 range going 5 or even 6 years. You can beat him up to save pennies as an RFA the next couple of Summers when we have plenty of cap space, or get him looked in longer term paying him a little more in the first couple of years than you have to in hopes you end up with a value deal on the back end. If Kurashev turns into a 40-50 point middle 6, having him at 3 million per in year 4 and 5 when cap might start mattering again would be real nice. Worst case, he is what he is or regresses and it won't hurt much with an increased cap anyways.

ploppsdman

Don't stand for the Blackhawks. Stand for Kyle.
Feb 5, 2004
What a garbage decision. The most one dimensional player in hockey - skate fast and don’t score. What a joke. He has ZERO trade value. I wouldn’t want him at league minimum. $4,250,000? Joke.

Last edited:

giza

Jul 19, 2011
The Hawks want to stay with the game plan and that's to play fast so AA certainly satisfies that. They are also in a position to not sign anyone else and just trade for poor contract values at this point....there's enough of that to go around in the league....I would like to see one more first round ....someone around that 20-25 arena.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
This thread is gold. :laugh:
Isn’t literally every thread that the fans don’t agree with the GM regarding a move “gold” according to you? I remember all the horrendous Stan trades, those were also gold to you, the team getting stripped was gold at the time. What you don’t understand is that every move counts, every move represents your GM, even if there is no run these next two years, it just gives you a glimpse at your GM and how much he’s willing to pay players. I would much rather bring Kane back at 6.25M than sign AA to 4.25. Also the whole thing about trying to start new and wanting the young players to be their own leaders is stupid, the team wasn’t bad because Kane wasn’t performing or leading, the team was bad because there were no supporting cast to help him. God help us if this GM turns out like your boy Stan the Man. Ofcourse you will deny how much you loved him when he was here ha

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00