Confirmed with Link: Andreas Anthanasiou 2 year extension $4.25 million aav

Idionym

Apr 6, 2015
Chicago
$4.25M x 2 for a player who is trash for 60+ games a year

Waste of roster spot and cap

First big mistake of Davidson era

If he is going to waste cap room on crap like Anthanasiou instead of taking on cap dumps then its even further mistake
Even in its worst case scenario, there is no way that this is a “big” mistake. AA could be a healthy scratch the entire 2 years and it wouldn’t be a “big” mistake because the downside is pretty minor in the grand scheme of things.

cassac

Sep 19, 2013
He plays well with Reichel. He plays better as a center. It’s a two year deal that gets the Blackhawks closer to the cap floor without impacting any other moves.

Checks the boxes for needs for the next two years.

Play him with Reichel and whatever wing on the second line.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
I'm trying to think who is this uber prospect or player/roster spot that AA is going to be blocking according to BWC. Reichel will be up here, Bedard will be here. Oh no, let's not block the great Austin Wagner, Cole Guttman or Mike Hardman from playing time. How dare Kyle Davidson. Bedard ELC will be up in 3 years, this is no way effects ANYTHING in the future.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
I'm trying to think who is this uber prospect or player/roster spot that AA is going to be blocking according to BWC. Reichel will be up here, Bedard will be here. Oh no, let's not block the great Austin Wagner, Cole Guttman or Mike Hardman from playing time. How dare Kyle Davidson. Bedard ELC will be up in 3 years, this is no way effects ANYTHING in the future.

spot on. critics of this move should take a break

Reactions: coolhand

Hawkey

Sep 15, 2005
Huge overpay… I wonder if this a sign the Hawks will have a tough time signing free agents to get to the floor.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
He plays well with Reichel. He plays better as a center. It’s a two year deal that gets the Blackhawks closer to the cap floor without impacting any other moves.

Checks the boxes for needs for the next two years.

Play him with Reichel and whatever wing on the second line.
My nightmare, poor Reichel

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
We gave tons of cap room, so two years, who cares. He’s be terrible on a contender, but is actually pretty fun if you don’t care about winning.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
There is a chance he puts it together this year and pots 50 - 60 pts thus making him a potential chip at the TDL. Either way as stated it's a win win for the Hawks ... and for AA.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Don’t lump Guttman in with Wagner and Hardman…Guttman will be an NHLer over those two

As of now this is our NHL forward group

soon to be drafted Bedard

TJohnson
Athanasiou
Dickinson

Reichel

Raddysh
Katchouk
Guttman
resigned Anderson

resigned Bjork
Entwistle
RJohnson
Blackwell
resigned Wagner

July 1st will change this group but as far as I’m concerned

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
I think Davidson is guarding against striking out in free agency and cap dumps. It really signals to me we are really trying to tank again this year and see where we are next year. Same team as last year subbing in Reichel for Kane and Bedard for Toews.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sinbad

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad