Confirmed with Link: Andreas Anthanasiou 2 year extension $4.25 million aav

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
Isn’t literally every thread that the fans don’t agree with the GM regarding a move “gold” according to you? I remember all the horrendous Stan trades, those were also gold to you, the team getting stripped was gold at the time. What you don’t understand is that every move counts, every move represents your GM, even if there is no run these next two years, it just gives you a glimpse at your GM and how much he’s willing to pay players. I would much rather bring Kane back at 6.25M than sign AA to 4.25. Also the whole thing about trying to start new and wanting the young players to be their own leaders is stupid, the team wasn’t bad because Kane wasn’t performing or leading, the team was bad because there were no supporting cast to help him. God help us if this GM turns out like your boy Stan the Man. Ofcourse you will deny how much you loved him when he was here ha

If you actually believe he values AA at 4.25 a year I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
I have a feeling there’s going to be some very angry posters when they realize the hawks also won’t be spending to the cap ceiling this year.

ploppsdman

Don't stand for the Blackhawks. Stand for Kyle.
Feb 5, 2004
Let’s face facts here: this is the type of player and contract that you would expect Chicago to receive a second round pick in order to take.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
What a garbage decision. The most one dimensional player in hockey - skate fast and don’t score. What a joke. He has ZERO trade value. I wouldn’t want him at league minimum. $4,250,000? Joke.
Why does it matter?

Posters acting like we are a contender and eating up our remaining cap space on AA..lol I don't get it.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Yeah ... we paid a bit of a premium for AA because we still stink. Who cares? It's 2 years. AA is probably more in the $3.5mn aav range. He scored 20 goals and played 81 games. Goals and availability will get you paid in the NHL ... even if you are a mediocre player.

Again, it's the 25-26 season when we have to seriously start managing the cap. The 26-27 season is also when some of our top young prospects will hopefully be in line for massive contracts.

As for Domi, I'm not going over 3 years ... preferably 2. Can we sign him for 3 years / 5.5 aav? Prior to the Hawks for 1 year / $3mn ... he was paid $5mn+ by the Jackets. 3 years at ~$17mn would not affect our future roster flexibility at all.

That said, if we're serious about signing a star in 24-25, then we need to be more careful about giving 3 years deals. IMO, Davidson waits until the 25-26 season to really start looking for our next Hossa.

Cowch

Jan 24, 2019
This gives him 2 more years to give the blackhawks some more rebuild gold. Will they win the lottery again next year? will he put up 30 goals by the TDL and be in high demand? Only time will tell!!!

But really, im not going to be watching games hoping to see AA, only a few players matter this next season and the rest are just there cause they have to have a full team.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
This gives him 2 more years to give the blackhawks some more rebuild gold. Will they win the lottery again next year? will he put up 30 goals by the TDL and be in high demand? Only time will tell!!!

But really, im not going to be watching games hoping to see AA, only a few players matter this next season and the rest are just there cause they have to have a full team.
I think what the Hawks need to do is take Cristall in the 2nd round. Then win the lottery next year and draft Celebrini. Then win a bunch of cups with all that Vancouver grown talent. That just might set them off once again. Cars will be burning, Either that or they'll all turn in to Hawk fans.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Kura

we are at 46 million for a 14 man roster leaving 9 spots open. Kurashev/Domi at 10.5 gets us to 56.5 with 7 roster spots open....or well above the floor with just league minimum players.

On Kurashev, if we are going 3 it better be with some term. I would be pretty happy rolling the dice on him if we can get him in the 2.5-3 range going 5 or even 6 years. You can beat him up to save pennies as an RFA the next couple of Summers when we have plenty of cap space, or get him looked in longer term paying him a little more in the first couple of years than you have to in hopes you end up with a value deal on the back end. If Kurashev turns into a 40-50 point middle 6, having him at 3 million per in year 4 and 5 when cap might start mattering again would be real nice. Worst case, he is what he is or regresses and it won't hurt much with an increased cap anyways.
I just did the roster on cap friendly with people we have signed and 3 million for Kurashev and Domi at 7.5. We are still below.

Last edited:
Reactions: Idionym

u2wojo

Dec 22, 2011
I just did the roster on cap friendly with people we have signed and 3 million for Kurashev and Domi at 7.5. We are still below.
If you can't figure out how to get to the cap floor with Domi/Kurashev @10.5 and filling out the rest of a 23 man roster, you should probably just stay off of CapFriendly.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
I’m thinking Raddysh and Katchouk might not be here. The hockey scandal is supposed to come out after the cup finals, and if implicated they’re getting straight up cut.
Raddysh has a pretty tight alibi I think, Katchouk may have been involved but it'll depend on if he is alleged to be one of the assaulters or more so just a guy that may have popped into the room and was a passive bystander.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
The really premium the Hawks are paying for is a UFA-player who is willing to sign for just 2 years. Would much rather jack up AAV and get a guy signed for 2 then a lower AAV for 4 or 5 years right now.

Reactions: EddieTheEagle

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
If you can't figure out how to get to the cap floor with Domi/Kurashev @10.5 and filling out the rest of a 23 man roster, you should probably just stay off of CapFriendly.
Im not trying to figure it out. I did it and said we were still below and you wrongfully corrected me for no reason. I never said I was worried about hitting the cap floor. This was only mentioned because if they like Killorn or Bertuzzi they can give them an insane amount for low years and it wont make a difference.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
he was pretty effective as a center the last 10-12 games. if he puts up 50 pts playing 2nd or 3rd line center next year he will be easy to move at the TDL in 2 years. when you see what guys are getting paid it always feels a bit high until you get to the 3rd or 4th day of the new league year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad