Prospect Info: Andersson, Chytil, Pionk, Shestyorkin named to WC rosters

Status
Not open for further replies.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Got a ticket for Saturday. Czech Republic vs Sweden at 2 pm followed by Russia vs Finland at 5:30 pm.

3 hour train ride to Pardubice and a ticket is 27 euros (one ticket to see both games).

Europe never seizes to amaze me. If I jumped on the train for 3 hours it barely gets me out the state.

Reactions: Fvital92

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Europe never seizes to amaze me. If I jumped on the train for 3 hours it barely gets me out the state.

You mean it barely gets you out of bush, no?

I’m getting seriously concerned about confusing everyone’s geo locations.:huh:

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

I'm extremely lucky to be living in Vienna where Hungary, Slovakia and the Czech Republic are just an hour away. Especially traveling north to the Czech Republic is a great way to see hockey. It's so intense

Reactions: Ola and LeetchisGod

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
At least according to stats.swehockey.se, they took Andersson's assist away. Not that it matters but thought I'd note it. The Czech site, it's still there.

Reactions: Ola

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
You guys know I want and expect Lias to be a good player right? Like you get that? Because I’m fairly certain most don’t.

I just don’t think he has any sort of game breaking talent he doesn’t drive the play and for a team that for years has had good players just no great ones this is more of the same. It’s not every day you get a 7th overall pick. A guy that tops out as a middle 6er is not what you do with that pick.

If the kid learns to skate over the summer no one will be happier here than me.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
You guys know I want and expect Lias to be a good player right? Like you get that? Because I’m fairly certain most don’t.

I just don’t think he has any sort of game breaking talent he doesn’t drive the play and for a team that for years has had good players just no great ones this is more of the same. It’s not every day you get a 7th overall pick. A guy that tops out as a middle 6er is not what you do with that pick.

lias andersson is mikael backlund...

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Today I finally received the box with the rest of my stuff from the Netherlands. With it, my Russia Buchnevich jersey from 2013 (World Juniors). f*** it, I am wearing that one at Saturday's 2nd game. Sorry for the guys who wanted me to go with the Rangers Heritage Buch jersey.

Reactions: UnSandvich and Ola

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

I am so happy Casey Mittelstadt, Nick Suzuki, Gabe Vilardi, Michael Rasmussen and Martin Necas are already 1st line players...

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I am so happy Casey Mittelstadt, Nick Suzuki, Gabe Vilardi, Michael Rasmussen and Martin Necas are already 1st line players...

I know you are super sensitive about this and start twisting things because of it but being first line players already and wanting guys with first line upside is actually different.

Lias does not have first line upside. Sorry but he doesn’t. Not every guy on that list does either. But there def are guys on that list that do. You wot find a prospect ranking that has Lias Andersson ahead of Casey Mittelstadt. You also won’t find one that has his upside being more than a middle sixer.

He’s tenacious and I have no doubt he’ll be a good player for us. But so is Jesper Fast. And I wouldn’t pick him 7thoverall.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I know you are super sensitive about this and start twisting things because of it but being first line players already and wanting guys with first line upside is actually different.

Lias does not have first line upside. Sorry but he doesn’t. Not every guy on that list does either. But there def are guys on that list that do. You wot find a prospect ranking that has Lias Andersson ahead of Casey Mittelstadt. You also won’t find one that has his upside being more than a middle sixer.

He’s tenacious and I have no doubt he’ll be a good player for us. But so is Jesper Fast. And I wouldn’t pick him 7thoverall.

Yes yes. We know. Andersson can't skate. Mittelstadt has 1st line upside. So did Scott Glennie, and Alexander Burmistrov, Peter Mueller, Mikkel Bodker.

The whole "1st line upside" is determined by scouts based on performances against players who will never play pro hockey. Players who will never reach the same level. It's a crapshoot, but people act as if Mittelstadt is going to be the next Jack Eichel. I have nothing against Mittelstadt. What I have a problem with, is people who zoom in on the shortcomings of Andersson, and completely neglect the shortcomings of Mittelstadt, acting ass if he is the next big thing and that we missed out on a franchise-altering player.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004

Unless I missed a post, no one posted anything at you or responding to you about Andersson all week and yet you felt the need to jump in and talk about how you don't like the Andersson pick. What gives dude? We know, you don't have to keep bringing it up when it doesn't fit the conversation, are you afraid we'll forget you don't like the pick or something?

Seriously your post is completely out of nowhere and just says the same exact thing you've been saying over and over again for almost a year

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York

If you have second line upside at 19 you can be a first line player imo. People too often judge prospects based on this fantasy they have where every team has 3 first line forwards who are all clearly better than their 3 second line forwards, who are all clearly better than their 3 third line forwards, etc.

That's not how it works. In case it was ever not obvious to anyone, look at how Fast ended the year. He is by no means a first line player, yet he was on the first line playing an integral part while that line was among the best in the league for a stretch. Look at half the players Crosby and/or Malkin have played with over their careers, look at Killorn playing with Stamkos and Kucherov. There's a universe of difference between a player being able to carry a first line and a player being able to play a part on an effective and dangerous first line. Things like "first line upside" are way too vague imo.

Reactions: Amazing Kreiderman

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Andersson has put up points in pretty much every league he has played in. Because he doesn’t have ‘flash’ he’s defined as not a first liner. Hmm

Reactions: darko

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
The term "upside" is so inherently subjective that no players's "upside" can actually be defined via consensus, it's literally just opinion.

If someone thinks LA cannot be a first liner so be it, and if someone else thinks he can be then so be it. Better to just wait and watch how he develops while he continues to excel in games against pros...

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
At least according to stats.swehockey.se, they took Andersson's assist away. Not that it matters but thought I'd note it. The Czech site, it's still there.

Yeah I saw that too, but didn’t want to spoil the fun :)

Reactions: nyr2k2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad