Confirmed with Link: Anders Lindback won't be given a qualifying offer

B A T M A N

I like Lindback as a person, but this just had to be done. Maybe this allows Gudlevski to get the backup position sooner rather than later?

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Could we have our eye on Tim Thomas here?

And would Thomas be willing to accept a backup role (behind a guy coming off a multitude of injuries, keep in mind)?

Bedford Bolt

Nov 2, 2013
UK
Shame he didn't work out, those games at the end of the season gave me hope (desperation?) But it just didn't carry on into the playoffs.

Think we should only sign a vet for one year and hope vas is ready by 2015 to play backup.

Really stupid question, I have seen over the last year on these boards so many mentions of how bad Jean is as a goalie coach, why is never replaced if he sucks so hard?!

2MinutesforGiraffing

angelsil on safari
Apr 2, 2013
Tampa
I don't want Thomas' groin anywhere near Tampa. Montoya, Bryzgalov, even Peters or Brodeur make more sense than Thomas. I also don't see us re-signing Lindback if there is any other option. Not because I think he's hopeless, but because the team clearly doesn't have faith in him. Why bring back a guy that the team plays like crap in front of if there are better options out there? Lindy needs a change of scenery and we need a reliable backup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad