Confirmed with Link: Anders Lindback won't be given a qualifying offer

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
But Tampa Bay general manager Steve Yzerman said the book on Lindback is not closed, and though the team intends to test the free agent market for a potential backup, Lindback remains a consideration.

Who is going to ride the pine next season?

Last edited:

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
Praise Jesus.

Hopefully it's not just a ploy to get him back to cheaper. I wouldn't want him for league minimum.

Too many good solid backups that you can get for cheap available.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Good move by Yzerman. Worst case scenario and we need to take him as a last resort, it won't have to be over 2 million. I wish him luck, but hopefully this is good bye.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Happy_gif.gif

Shame we gave up 3 2nd rounders for him

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa
Wish him the best, but he wasn't a fit for us.

In 5-6 years I see him sort of becoming another Mike Smith, but he's got a lot of learning to do before that's a possibility.

Kusic

Back-to-back Champs!
Jul 4, 2010
Karlovy Vary
twitter.com
I would like to sign Marty Brodeur in free agency.. one-year for 2 mil. Great mentor, teacher for Bish. But if not Brodeur, I am looking at Devan Dubnyk too.

garmonbozia

Jan 10, 2006
I would like to sign Marty Brodeur in free agency.. one-year for 2 mil. Great mentor, teacher for Bish. But if not Brodeur, I am looking at Devan Dubnyk too.

I think Brodeur is done skill wise, he just hasn't admitted it yet.

Despite that, I think there is a fit...or it at least wouldn't surprise me if the price was right. He's said he only wants to play one year and doesn't think it'll be in NJ. Yzerman knows him well enough first hand between overlap in their playing careers and Team Canada stuff since Yzerman retired. I would be fine with Brodeur if he was cheap and didn't have to play much. Definitely hope we get cheap veteran insurance in net.

That, or go steal Koshechkin from Metallurg. :yo:

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

It is a buyer's market this year for goalies and I'd be okay with getting a backup that doesn't need much coaching at this point of their career.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
SY did say the books not closed so they could bring him back still. They just didn't want to pay him 2.2 next season.

Brodeur is awful, he's never mentored any goalie that went on to have success somewhere else, gonna want too much and thinks he's a starter still.

Selyanin

#StammerTime
May 2, 2014
The North
I think Lindy would be a great goalie by now if Nashville had given him more playing time and I still believe he will. I mean when you think about it he has only played one year as a starter and that was behind our ****** defense in the shortened season.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Even for the Lightning he had games where he looked like a legit starter. The next game though he would be a total mess, consistently out of position, either too much lateral movement or none at all, forgets how to use a catching glove, biggest five hole EU and so on... I hope he figures it out because he seems like a good guy.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
He is not positionally sound.

He is dreadful moving side to side.

He panics on almost all breakaways.

He is one of the worst stick handlers I have ever seen in a pro uniform.

His stats should have been worse. Leaving net open I cannot tell you guys how many times he did that but was basically once to twice a game. He almost always got away with it so he had luck on his side lol.

He did improve in some areas this year.

Not enough.

I hope we dont sign him and he does the smart thing for himself goes overseas for two years gets the development and playing time he needs and makes a comeback.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Happy_gif.gif

Shame we gave up 3 2nd rounders for him

It would have been a shame if we did that but it was 2 2nd's and a 3rd we also got a 7th back. We had 4 2nd's that draft so wasn't like we didn't have extra assets.

We had to get a goalie that offseason, Roloson retired and we had nobody in the system ready for NHL minutes. The FA crop was weak with only career backups available. He didn't work out for some reason, you could see the talent but couldn't make it work consistently. Think he still has a career in the NHL but needs a better goalie coach and system to succeed. Hope he does well in the future and wouldn't mind bringing him back as he'd only get in 10 games anyway.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
It would have been a shame if we did that but it was 2 2nd's and a 3rd we also got a 7th back. We had 4 2nd's that draft so wasn't like we didn't have extra assets.

We had to get a goalie that offseason, Roloson retired and we had nobody in the system ready for NHL minutes. The FA crop was weak with only career backups available. He didn't work out for some reason, you could see the talent but couldn't make it work consistently. Think he still has a career in the NHL but needs a better goalie coach and system to succeed. Hope he does well in the future and wouldn't mind bringing him back as he'd only get in 10 games anyway.

I know you are a big fan and his failure so far has probably hurt you.

I actually think his problem all boils to nashville not getting reps. If we had a spot in ahl? I think he could succeed in a couple years. Not sure if ever could be a number one but a back up? I wouldnt bet against him.

His problem is he needs the time. Is a shame really.

This is what I fear with our guys. Vasi or guds is gonna have to come up next year to clear a spot for wilcox and I personally would rather they shared equal time for a couple years in ahl. I just dont see how we could put wilcox in echl at all. He is better than that.

Is not going to work out that way imo unfortunately.

Whoever our back up is I hope they get at least 25 games lol.

2MinutesforGiraffing

angelsil on safari
Apr 2, 2013
Tampa

With Bishop's injury history, I think there is a decent chance of that.

The thing about Lindback is his development was squashed by Nashville, not us. I trust SFY & Co. to do better by GODleskis, Russian Jesus and...hrm..we need to get a nickname for Wilcox. Also, the more time they spend in Syracuse, the less time they're being "coached" by Jean.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I know you are a big fan and his failure so far has probably hurt you.

I actually think his problem all boils to nashville not getting reps. If we had a spot in ahl? I think he could succeed in a couple years. Not sure if ever could be a number one but a back up? I wouldnt bet against him.

His problem is he needs the time. Is a shame really.

This is what I fear with our guys. Vasi or guds is gonna have to come up next year to clear a spot for wilcox and I personally would rather they shared equal time for a couple years in ahl. I just dont see how we could put wilcox in echl at all. He is better than that.

Is not going to work out that way imo unfortunately.

Wilcox has two years of eligibility remaining, we are in no rush to bring him in. I'm sure he'd rather stay in college where he'll start, attempt to win a national title and hobey baker then be an AHL backup.

Don't think Vasilevskiy is a couple of years away think he needs just one to get accustomed to NA rinks and game. He started in the 2nd best league and carried a team deep into the playoffs. He close to being ready. Sure getting lots of starts is important for development but feel he'll be dominating the A and in need of playing better competition. Bishop needs to have another strong season or he could be in danger of losing his position as a starter.

Having Lindback around wouldn't be a bad idea. If no one signs him then he'll probably pass through waivers if we wanted to send him down and bring one of the other two. All depends on who's available in free agency and the price they want.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
We have plenty of options for the backup situation but I think it would be best to make this a year at most for this backup. I think Zettler will split Vas and Gudlevskis very evenly for time and one or the other will be our full time backup next year. Vas in particular was impressive in the KHL and I think he will only need a small sample to really get his feet wet at the North American level. We can't afford to throw either player into the fire of the NHL this year unless its POSITIVE they'll succeed after a large sample in the AHL as to give either man time this year with the Lightning.

May the better man win and I think the better will be our full time backup in 2015. I think Gudlevskis will eventually be traded to the highest bidder if he is successful. Yzerman was no fool dealing Downie for Quincey and then sending him to the Wings for the 1st rounder that became the pick for Vas.

I think Vas is the chosen one in Yzerman's eyes and will be protected over Gudlevskis

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad