Value of: Anders Lee to LAK

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Lee would be outstanding for the Kings and his presence alone would probably be a boon for the PP. I loathe the idea of losing Muzzin and last time we had this discussion I said probably not, but at this point, after signing Brickley, trading for Phaneuf, and apparently never playing Muzzin with Drew again anyway, I could live with it. 27 year old net crashing tip machines don't grow on trees, nor do #2 d-men, it's probably a fair trade even straight up even though LA probably wants futures. Muzzin, Martinez, Phaneuf, Forbort = a lot of salary and redundancy at LHD, to the extent that one of those guys is always playing on the right side anyway (Martinez, most often). In a perfect world we get a good RHD to play 2nd pairing too, but meh.

Sign me up.

Reactions: KingTrouty

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Lee would be outstanding for the Kings and his presence alone would probably be a boon for the PP. I loathe the idea of losing Muzzin and last time we had this discussion I said probably not, but at this point, after signing Brickley, trading for Phaneuf, and apparently never playing Muzzin with Drew again anyway, I could live with it. 27 year old net crashing tip machines don't grow on trees, nor do #2 d-men, it's probably a fair trade even straight up even though LA probably wants futures. Muzzin, Martinez, Phaneuf, Forbort = a lot of salary and redundancy at LHD, to the extent that one of those guys is always playing on the right side anyway (Martinez, most often). In a perfect world we get a good RHD to play 2nd pairing too, but meh.

Sign me up.

We could include Scott Mayfield in a deal as well.

Big RHD that is signed for <2M per for the next 5 years with upside to be a #4, but is currently a bottom pairing guy. Plays with snarl too.

With a good coach in a better system, I think he can hit that upside, but like I said, not there yet.

Adam Pelech is signed to a similar deal, but I’d rather hold onto him, but I’m not Lou Lamoriello.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Lee is one year away from UFA and is looking to cash in. Muzzin is a top pairing,
20+ minute a night, 40 pt. D, with a 4.1M per cap hit for the next two years.

I absolutely understand the ask.

Lee has 1 less year then Muzzin. not like 1 guy is a ufa and the other has 4 years.

2 years of muzzin isnt worth 1 year of lee + dobson/veleno/smith

Reactions: IslandersFan17

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
A 40 point Defenseman with an extra year + another D: YES. Muzzin as UFA would command 1st +. But it seems Blake might not be trading no one, so who know.

1st + sure.

Lee + 12OA for Muzzin + depth dman/3rd rd pick? way too much

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
We could include Scott Mayfield in a deal as well.

Big RHD that is signed for <2M per for the next 5 years with upside to be a #4, but is currently a bottom pairing guy. Plays with snarl too.

With a good coach in a better system, I think he can hit that upside, but like I said, not there yet.

Adam Pelech is signed to a similar deal, but I’d rather hold onto him, but I’m not Lou Lamoriello.

Mayfield is a 7/8 guy in LA so that’s not adding anything useful. He may continue to grow givin the opportunity but at this point he wouldn’t break into the top 6 in LA. Either way I am against trading Muzzen for Lee anyways.

Klaus3154

Apr 22, 2018
New York
I must have missed them. He has said a few times that he wants to re sign in LA.

Kypreos just stated today how he is going for the biggest deal possible today and won’t give Kings any discount. It is said that he is looking for 10.5-11 million per year. I am sure he wants the Kings to pay that but sounds like he will leave to the highest bidder

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
Kypreos just stated today how he is going for the biggest deal possible today and won’t give Kings any discount. It is said that he is looking for 10.5-11 million per year. I am sure he wants the Kings to pay that but sounds like he will leave to the highest bidder

I think its posturing. LA will pay 10 -11m, but i guess we'll see.

member 88115

LA will give him more than Kopi, that sounds about right

evanreynolds1116

Jul 22, 2017
Is Muzzin truly a number 2 on most teams?

Well if he is a #2 on the best defensive team in the NHL... the answer is probably yes. I would be open to Muzzin for Lee but the Kings would have some moves to make after this upcoming season with Lee's and Doughty's new contract. Kings have to trade D for Offense. Lee is better than any UFA option and we need to get rid of some salary in a trade if we are going to be acquiring a legit 1st line LW for Kopi which he needs badly.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Well if he is a #2 on the best defensive team in the NHL... the answer is probably yes. I would be open to Muzzin for Lee but the Kings would have some moves to make after this upcoming season with Lee's and Doughty's new contract. Kings have to trade D for Offense. Lee is better than any UFA option and we need to get rid of some salary in a trade if we are going to be acquiring a legit 1st line LW for Kopi which he needs badly.

My 2 cents is if the Kings want a LW, they should trade for Nelson who has been misused on the Islanders playing 3rd line center. From an Islander POV I think his salary could be better used on a legit Center who can play on our 3rd line who is good at faceoffs and defensively

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
My 2 cents is if the Kings want a LW, they should trade for Nelson who has been misused on the Islanders playing 3rd line center. From an Islander POV I think his salary could be better used on a legit Center who can play on our 3rd line who is good at faceoffs and defensively

We'll have to add a lot more to Nelson.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I am just speaking in general, I can see the Islanders trading Nelson if they get a fair return so they can use his salary somewhere else
I was surprised to read Snow passed up a Nelson trade this past season. I realize it is hard to judge based on the slim bit of info Friedman reported: some team pushed hard for Nelson with the isles nixing the deal.

But , Nelson was a difficult signing during his last contract negotiations and has not done much on his show me deal.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Oh come on, Muzzin for Lee + a little something at most and I'm a Kings fan. We NEED someone like Lee playing 1st line LW w/ Kopi and Brown.
Oh,was he serious with that nonsense? I thought he was joking :popcorn:

Just like LA's dollars are being kept to try and extend Dpughty,NYI's $ are being kept for Tavares and neither 21 yr old Barzal or 23/24 yr old Pulock will be moved for 1-2 yr rentals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad