Value of: Anders Lee to LAK

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I would trade Martinez for Lee in a heartbeat.

Washington just got a reasonable solution to their top 4D for a 3rd round pick so Lee for this kind of guy seems like a steep overpayment. Islanders should either target a rock solid top 4 D (borderline top pairing D) or at least someone younger.

Last edited:
Reactions: IODCPiper

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
What about a bigger package for Doughty. Just bc he’s expressed discontent. Also trying to gauge value.

Lee, Pelech (D), 1st, and a 2nd?

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
What about a bigger package for Doughty. Just bc he’s expressed discontent. Also trying to gauge value.

Lee, Pelech (D), 1st, and a 2nd?

Even if Lee had the perfect contract(he is a UFA next season so....) I don't see King's biting on that

member 88115

I would do Lee + 12th for Muzzin and Fantenberg or a 3rd round pick. With Lee being a UFA, we would need a good +. Fantenberg played great for us in the playoffs and even was the on the 1st pairing when Doughty, Muzzin and Forbort did not play. He is most likely a 3rd pairing with being able to fill in the top 4 if someone is injured for a short stint.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I would do Lee + 12th for Muzzin and Fantenberg or a 3rd round pick. With Lee being a UFA, we would need a good +. Fantenberg played great for us in the playoffs and even was the on the 1st pairing when Doughty, Muzzin and Forbort did not play. He is most likely a 3rd pairing with being able to fill in the top 4 if someone is injured for a short stint.

No thanks, I mean Muzzin's only got 2 years left on his deal and is 2 years older than Lee anyway.

I might be tempted to do something like Lee + 12 for Muzzin + 20, but otherwise I'd explore other options.

member 88115

No thanks, I mean Muzzin's only got 2 years left on his deal and is 2 years older than Lee anyway.

I might be tempted to do something like Lee + 12 for Muzzin + 20, but otherwise I'd explore other options.
I don't see LA brass trading for UFA unless they see a decent benefit. + LA is not pressed on having to trade Muzzin.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Zero interest in Lee+12OV for Muzzin+sweetner. Milbury has not been nyi GM in yrs.

I am hoping Nelson+ the higher 2nd can be used to add a 2nd pairing D, but realize it may take Lee,the more productive scorer.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I don't see LA brass trading for UFA unless they see a decent benefit. + LA is not pressed on having to trade Muzzin.
I thought LA had scoring issues.
If not,these teams do not match up well as trade partners.

I would look to teams needing goal scoring.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Zero interest in Lee+12OV for Muzzin+sweetner. Milbury has not been nyi GM in yrs.

I am hoping Nelson+ the higher 2nd can be used to add a 2nd pairing D, but realize it may take Lee,the more productive scorer.

I not sure I agree with this but I think the logic behind trading Lee(who is a UFA next summer) is to sign Kovalchuk. personally If I am looking to trade stuff I would use Nelson for the simple fact I think he would be better suited to top 6 LW somewhere else while we can use whatever cash it frees up for us to get a person better suited to 3rd line center

member 88115

I thought LA had scoring issues.
If not,these teams do not match up well as trade partners.

I would look to teams needing goal scoring.
It's more the term. UFA are none starters for Muzzin, unless their is a decent compensation for Muzzin extra year.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016

you want a 40g scorer and pick 12 for muzzin?

yikes

member 88115

you want a 40g scorer and pick 12 for muzzin?

yikes
A 40 point Defenseman with an extra year + another D: YES. Muzzin as UFA would command 1st +. But it seems Blake might not be trading no one, so who know.

Reactions: KingTrouty

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
It's more the term. UFA are none starters for Muzzin, unless their is a decent compensation for Muzzin extra year.
I get that.
But, teams in the mix for Lee will realize he is looking for an extension and with the cap rising will either be interested or not. He is coming off 34 and 40 goal seasons. Isles will not be dealing Lee + anything significant.
27 yr old Lee is the significant piece.

If his closing in on becoming a ufa, is a nonstarter for LA, then these two teams will simply kick tires and move on.

member 88115

I get that.
But, teams in the mix for Lee will realize he is looking for an extension and with the cap rising will either be interested or not. He is coming off 34 and 40 goal seasons. Isles will not be dealing Lee + anything significant.
27 yr old Lee is the significant piece.

If his closing in on becoming a ufa, is a nonstarter for LA, then these two teams will simply kick tires and move on.
It would be very tough to resign Lee, with Doughty looking for 10.5 mil and probably more the same year. I see Lee more of a rental because of that. We have some $$$, but will probably be close to tapping out after resigning our young players like Kempe, Iafallo and Amadio.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad