Player Discussion Anders Bjork

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
It’s not favoritism it’s just being a classy organization.

Understood...however place yourself in the skates/eyes of those who have played better hockey in Providence? If you were the better performer pretty sure you would be pissed. This is about opportunity, $$$$, and individual hockey dream pursuit. All these players are working their arses off looking for that open door to prove themselves. Needs to be deserved based on performance/merit.

To be honest I can't comment on his performance to date, I watched him live in Toronto and I could see the skillset however he didn't really separate himself from the bunch. I do think he could succeed on the 2nd line however he needs to start popping in some goals in Providence. He has the highest upside out of all our prospects but he's go to start producing.

Last edited:

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
i would flip him for JFK for the winter classic. would be a nice carrot for him. but if marchand is
back, they'd need to find someone else to sit out. thought acciari had maybe his best game last night.
guess we'll find out tomorrow at their practice. at the very least i'd call bjork up for the opportunity
to soak it all in.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
The time to dangle the carrot for Bjork was weeks ago. “Work on this, get ready. Deliver the goods and there is no reason not to be playing WC”. I’ve not seen him in Providence but reading here sounds like he’s been ok..... not “holycrap..... this kid needs to be in Boston good”.

This is a professional team and business — not an NCAA homecoming weekend feel good social club.

If they are going to keep 46 off top line, then bring up Cehlarik up. He’s shown to have chemistry with Krejci — at least to my eye.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
The time to dangle the carrot for Bjork was weeks ago. “Work on this, get ready. Deliver the goods and there is no reason not to be playing WC”. I’ve not seen him in Providence but reading here sounds like he’s been ok..... not “holycrap..... this kid needs to be in Boston good”.

This is a professional team and business — not an NCAA homecoming weekend feel good social club.

If they are going to keep 46 off top line, then bring up Cehlarik up. He’s shown to have chemistry with Krejci — at least to my eye.

that's a fair point, no question. but i personally see bjork as a key piece for the future of this team, and
he's played pretty well in providence from what i've been told. not hair-on-fire good, but doing more of
the things the bruins asked him to do. we'll see what they choose to do - i'd certainly call him up over
cehlarik, who shows up whenever he feels like it and skates like he has a dump in his pants.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
It seems everyone here is on board with DeBrusk having a future in this team. He hustles and pots in a goal every so often. The difference between him and the other kids, besides Heinen, is that they spent a whole year in Providence. I’m not opposed to leaving him down there the whole year. While your at it, send Donato down the whole year. They have players down there who’ve put in time and don’t seem to be a step down in talent.

Last edited:

HHHH

Feb 15, 2010
I think it would be a nice gesture to call Bjork up for the game; just as it was for the B's to sign Derek Dun in China, or to call up Cehlarik if they were going to play a regular season game in Slovakia. I know these are not completely parallel situations, but I think it would pay off in the long run

BiGBear8

May 21, 2012
good idea to send Donato down for now and try another young player like Bjork…. maybe sending cave down and also try Cehlarik

Reactions: Blowfish

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
I can see Sweeney bringing him up
I don't see Cassidy playing him over his guys, especially after yesterday's win

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA

Basically a point a game what more do you want from the kid

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I`ve never been as sold on Cehlarik as most here but wondering as well what the guy will need to do in order to get the call up?

Agree entirely.

His career in the NHL hasn’t been extensive, but I remember liking what I saw at times.

Given the struggles at various times of most of the bottom 7-8 forwards, I don’t understand him not getting a look this year.

Reactions: Blowfish

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
Not even a massive Bjork fanboy, but that response from Cassidy seems deeply unsatisfying to me. If this is the lineup they've settled with, they're not seriously competing for anything.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
what a ****ing joke, he should have been in South Bend already.

this organization disgusts me sometimes

I get liking a player....entirely, and I’m just as guilty of it as anyone, but as someone who is rather neutral to Bjork, I can’t see how dressing him for the WC benefits the team in any way.

Sure it would be a great story, but TBH it’s really hard to differentiate between a bunch of guys who have, frankly underachieved this season, primarily him, Donato and Heinen.

The way things stand right now and given that the team clearly feels he should be in Providence, I can’t see a good case for dressing him Tuesday and think it would be a slap in the face to the guys who are in Boston now.

Now if he were in Boston and was a healthy scratch or something, I’d feel that was really a bush league move.

Last edited:
Reactions: smack66

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Not even a massive Bjork fanboy, but that response from Cassidy seems deeply unsatisfying to me. If this is the lineup they've settled with, they're not seriously competing for anything.
Heinen wasn't even good enough in Cassidy's eyes to skate a regular shift last night. And Cassidy just came out and said Bjork wasn't good enough to bump anyone out of the lineup even for one game.

Bjork seems like a genuinely terrific person...worked with schoolkids for hundreds of hours while at ND, left ND instead of staying another year to try and chase a national championship, and the Bruins couldn't throw him a bone here and let him play a game that would have been an absolutely dream come true for him. And the kicker is that the Bruins aren't good. Heinen & Donato have been mediocre at best. Cassidy brings up Colby Cave who I agree works his ass off but Bjork easily could have replaced one of the "skill" guys in Donato or Heinen.

But hey I guess it's different if your dad played for the Bruins or you had one good month in the NHL over a year ago.

Reactions: Estlin and SPLBRUIN

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
that's a fair point, no question. but i personally see bjork as a key piece for the future of this team, and
he's played pretty well in providence from what i've been told. not hair-on-fire good, but doing more of
the things the bruins asked him to do. we'll see what they choose to do - i'd certainly call him up over
cehlarik, who shows up whenever he feels like it and skates like he has a dump in his pants.
That’s good to hear. In all fairness I should point out that I’ve not seen a single shift of P Bruins hockey this season. I’m really out qualified to comment. Just think our young guys in Boston need to show they want it bad. (Forwards with exception of JDB74, and our Dmen). They have a huge opportunity here and everything should be earned..

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Heinen wasn't even good enough in Cassidy's eyes to skate a regular shift last night. And Cassidy just came out and said Bjork wasn't good enough to bump anyone out of the lineup even for one game.

Bjork seems like a genuinely terrific person...worked with schoolkids for hundreds of hours while at ND, left ND instead of staying another year to try and chase a national championship, and the Bruins couldn't throw him a bone here and let him play a game that would have been an absolutely dream come true for him. And the kicker is that the Bruins aren't good. Heinen & Donato have been mediocre at best. Cassidy brings up Colby Cave who I agree works his ass off but Bjork easily could have replaced one of the "skill" guys in Donato or Heinen.

But hey I guess it's different if your dad played for the Bruins or you had one good month in the NHL over a year ago.

Cassidy is proving himself to be clueless as of late. If he looks up and down the lineup and truly believes the bolded, and given the situation with Bjork and ND, then I have to call into serious question several things about Cassidy. I'll leave it at that.

Reactions: Smitty93
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad