Player Discussion Anders Bjork

Status
Not open for further replies.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Giving up on this kid would be foolish. Saying he’s on par with Paille is even more foolish. Kid got hurt and is working his way back. He’s got wheels and can score. He just needs a shot again. I wouldn’t even mind him spending most of the time in Providence.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
if they don't play this kid in the winter classic I might seriously consider how much time i spend following this team in the 2nd half.

i know that sounds extreme but they are already a boring, mediocre team with too many 4th liners. This kid has gone down to providence and put up a point per game and the team is desperate for offense.

sit one of the grinders and let this kid play at ND stadium. not only does it make sense from a hockey standpoint, but it would be a token of good will towards one of their top prospects who they supposedly believe in.

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
if they don't play this kid in the winter classic I might seriously consider how much time i spend following this team in the 2nd half.

i know that sounds extreme but they are already a boring, mediocre team with too many 4th liners. This kid has gone down to providence and put up a point per game and the team is desperate for offense.

sit one of the grinders and let this kid play at ND stadium. not only does it make sense from a hockey standpoint, but it would be a token of good will towards one of their top prospects who they supposedly believe in.

I've been checking Bjorks stat line multiple times a week for this very reason. I'd love for them to do the gesture of bringing him up for the game. Nobody can tell me he would be worse than Acciari out there.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
I'm with you there Russellmania. I will be furious if they don't play Bjork in the Winter Classic, for both of the reasons you stated. It's asinine he's in Providence while this team rolls out 2 4th lines on a nightly basis.

Last edited:

Tbrady12

Oct 19, 2018
I know it's a big sentimental thing to have him play. But there are no favors in this business everything is earned. He had an opportunity early and didn't take advantage, Cave for example has. If he's the best Providence player right now, bring him up. If not, bring up the kid who DESERVES it.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I know it's a big sentimental thing to have him play. But there are no favors in this business everything is earned. He had an opportunity early and didn't take advantage, Cave for example has. If he's the best Providence player right now, bring him up. If not, bring up the kid who DESERVES it.
there are at least a quarter dozen guys in the lineup right now who arguably deserve it no more than Bjork.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
I've been checking Bjorks stat line multiple times a week for this very reason. I'd love for them to do the gesture of bringing him up for the game. Nobody can tell me he would be worse than Acciari out there.
Or Danato

Reactions: Orr2Neely8

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010

Cave has ? I hardly think so. This guy should not be playing in the NHL.

Reactions: Smitty93

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010

I couldn't agree more.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I thought he was ok tonight,certainly not recall worthy though
He's been Prov's best F in probably 75% of the games he's played since being down there. He had a stretch of a few poor games, but overall, he's put up some points, but done a lot of other things away from the puck too.

I think he deserves a recall at this point given the injuries & Backes suspension. They can't continue to roll out lineups with players like Acciari and Nordstrom playing above the 4th line.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
You're probably right and he'll play the Notre Dame game like he's been shot out of a cannon

Sentimentality will have zero to do with it. If Cassidy thinks he will help the team win, he will be in the lineup.

One would think that he would be super pumped for the WC if he did get the call. If Marchand is out, I would go:

74-37-43
10-46-88
17-23-14
20-26-52

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
Sentimentality will have zero to do with it. If Cassidy thinks he will help the team win, he will be in the lineup.

One would think that he would be super pumped for the WC if he did get the call. If Marchand is out, I would go:

74-37-43
10-46-88
17-23-14
20-26-52

for me it would be:
74-37-10
43-46-88
17-23-14
20-26-52

BruinsPortugal

Dec 3, 2009
Portugal
I would love to see: DeBrusk, Bergeron and Bjork. Just think this could be a real good second line .When all are healthy we know 63,46,88 works
This. And it seems so frickin easy. They’ve tried so many shitty combinations, why not give this one a try?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad