....and?

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
All that matters is that the team keeps getting better until we get in the playoffs, pts in the regular season don't mean much unless if we are battling for a PO spot.

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

We are well coached so far, which is surprising to some but clearly important. Also the management made this all possible with litteraly creating that depth.

Great results, everything better than expected.

Last edited by a moderator:

Renholder

Racing like a pro
Jun 24, 2005
montreal
It is good to see a core of players and new veterans learning how to win together as a team.

This is how great teams are built. You learn how to win, and you get in a groove and you don't want to stop winning.

Habitant#1

Feb 15, 2006
Brisbane
Has really hit the ground running this season. I wonder how much keeping the lines the same the entirety of training camp contributed to that?

Beaker

In My Lab Goggles
Jun 4, 2007
In The Lab.
We had a fairly similar record to start last season however we had to go into OT to win. This year the wins are more promising, but point-wise we aren't much different. We're looking good out there

Alex514

May 10, 2015
Lets be careful now not to drop the next two games.... It would be so like us to get burned at the hands of two struggling teams.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
If anything, early season wins will be extremely helpful later on in the season.

True. Whenever you can go on a 10ish game win streak, you're nearly guaranteed to get into the playoffs if you can maintain a record slightly above .500 for the rest of the season... not that we had any doubts of making the playoffs this year.

I expected a very good team this year and a deep playoff run, but I didn't think we'd be 7-0-0 to start the season.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
They are playing a lot better than I expected, but it's still early. I fear that Therrien will go back to his ways after a rough stretch.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
They are playing a lot better than I expected, but it's still early. I fear that Therrien will go back to his ways after a rough stretch.

Put your fears to rest, that isn't going to happen....and a rough patch with this team will be a 2 game losing streak

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
For sure we'll hit some rough patches, but if we stay healthy (or reasonably healthy), this team will stay close to the top of the league. We've got a real solid team, starting from the back end. Our D is awesome to watch play. Probably the best in the league.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
It feels like we're storing nuts for the winter. Packing away wins that can sustain us through a bad patch, and give us wiggle room to rest vets or try out prospects. It's all about being prepped for the playoffs. Going into February and March with a padded point total means no excuse to overplay Markov and Plekanec. Pace them, rest them, and make sure they're ready for a long post-season grind.

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
So... Will Price beat his 44win record already ? Only 38 to go. :popcorn:

And we will win the next four, and lose to freaking flames.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
I'm less impressed with the record as I am the way they are playing. There will eventually be an adjustment but I really like what I see, which is not something I could say at any point last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad