Post-Game Talk: And...

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
I voted Pulkkinnen
Kronwall (Had a really good game except that final screening)
and Sheahan (who played great on the boards and played hard all night)

Sheriff Bert

Blash is Trash
Apr 24, 2014
Buffalo, NY
Pulu>Jurco. Nuff said. I don't need Corsi, or advanced stats, or reverse trigonometry to prove that just look at the production.

3 Stars

Pulu
Howie
Sheahan

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
My Final Score was this:

K +6 -2
E +3 -1
Q +2 -1
DK +4 -3
Z +4
S +2 -1

Some of my plus/minus's in the third used popular support in the GDT :P
Thanks fellas.

Overall Really liked Kronwall and Zidlicky's offensive game tonight. Their combined plays really had our D jumping into the play enough to overwhelm them at times. Strong start for Dekeyser, a few mistakes at the end of the game to have a mostly neutral night. Ericsson solid, 1 bad penalty.
Smith and Quincey, Quiet, but not bad.

Overall I am happy :)

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
I still think it was a crappy win.

I wanted a blowout tonight. Instead it was one of those sleepers.

Team needs to be a hell of a lot better. Sorry to be a downer, but I'm expecting more from the team.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
Howard
Pulkkinen
Sheahan

Decent game. Howard had to be really good to win this one. Giving up 38 shots to the Oilers doesn't look great, but a win is a win.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
I still think it was a crappy win.

I wanted a blowout tonight. Instead it was one of those sleepers.

Team needs to be a hell of a lot better. Sorry to be a downer, but I'm expecting more from the team.

It's the Oilers. They didn't need to play their best in order to win. It's a long season and we're preparing for a playoff run. If they can pull out a win half-assing it, so be it, it's not the worst thing. I'm more worried when they don't show up against the good teams.

LeftBackLegend

Oct 15, 2011
It's the Oilers. They didn't need to play their best in order to win. It's a long season and we're preparing for a playoff run. If they can pull out a win half-assing it, so be it, it's not the worst thing. I'm more worried when they don't show up against the good teams.

Coming off two losses, I expected a little more urgency. The first period was absolutely putrid.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we won playing mediocre, but I want to see a legit beast type game from these guys.

When Helmer comes back, I want to see an effort depicting a playoff game from those games onward... Maybe I'm being picky, IDRK.

It's still frustrating giving up near 40 shots from the Oil.

Anyways, I chose Z, Cole, Sheahan. HM: to Pavel and Pulks.

SimplySolace

"We like our team"
Jun 30, 2013
The past two games I've gone to Pulkkinen has scored. Apparently I need to go to more games!

Also, saw an Andersson and a Brunner jersey tonight. Poor souls..

NervousPerson

Apr 11, 2010
55 6+ 3-
52 3+3-
27 2+1-
2 5+5-
65 5+4-
28 7+4-

Picked 40, 13 and 56 as stars. HM to 15, 21, 8

Mijatovic

Jan 23, 2014
Western Australia
Abbie has been playing like a man possessed pulling out moves I didnt know he had. I was really pleased with his play. Even if he hadnt got the EN, I would have loved his game.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
So I missed this one. Seems like an unspectacular win by the comments.

Did Glendening really play on a line with Datsyuk and Tatar? Do we have another Dan Cleary lovechild on our hands?

Satrebil

Aug 3, 2006
Michigan
Abbie has been playing like a man possessed pulling out moves I didnt know he had. I was really pleased with his play. Even if he hadnt got the EN, I would have loved his game.

In the post game, Osgood said he sees Abby wearing an 'A' in the future.

Hmm, not sure about that.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
55 6+ 3-
52 3+3-
27 2+1-
2 5+5-
65 5+4-
28 7+4-

Picked 40, 13 and 56 as stars. HM to 15, 21, 8

I didn't watch the first ten minutes of the game, but how exactly does Smith end with a -5? That was without question the best that bottom pair has looked. Their movement of the puck was consistently good all game. I actually thought that Q looked the worst and Zidlicky the best, at least in relative terms, FWIW.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
In the post game, Osgood said he sees Abby wearing an 'A' in the future.

Hmm, not sure about that.

I think that the DD gets the C after Z, and Nyquist or Tatar will get an A before Abbie, but once Kronner and Datsyuk are done I could see Abbie if he sticks around getting an A.

Licklas Nidstrom

Jul 2, 2009
Some Computer
Zidlicky is good. Really good.

He's old as dirt, but it's amazing what a competent first pass from the third defensive unit does for us. Calm, smooth, accurate passes across or up the ice. It opens up the offense so much when we have such a quick route beyond even our own blue line.

NervousPerson

Apr 11, 2010
I didn't watch the first ten minutes of the game, but how exactly does Smith end with a -5? That was without question the best that bottom pair has looked. Their movement of the puck was consistently good all game. I actually thought that Q looked the worst and Zidlicky the best, at least in relative terms, FWIW.

I stopped recording when and the reason why (takes away from my enjoyment of the game) but IIRC he received two or three minuses in those first 10 min.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I think that the DD gets the C after Z, and Nyquist or Tatar will get an A before Abbie, but once Kronner and Datsyuk are done I could see Abbie if he sticks around getting an A.

Given the reverence with which people talk about Larkin and in particular his leadership ability I have my doubts that DeKeyser winds up captain. On that timeline, you have Larkin as a real possibility. Ouellet is also a tremendous leader as well. Hard to predict this, my guess is Nyquist is ahead in terms of this as well.

If I remember right Nyquist was given the stall next to Zetterberg, much like they did with Z next to Yzerman

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Aside from all positivety the team still needs to get it's **** together. I mean we can't keep getting outshot like this every night. Why is that? And they need to start on time for once. And also stop letting in pp goals. PK needs to be better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad