Post-Game Talk: And the Hockey Gods decreed, "Wings for all!", Habs spank Jets 7-1

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Yvon Lambert enjoying last game ... with beers of course, lol
Salut Yvon !
yvonlambert.jpg

Jul 6, 2016
9 pages only. Short posts....

Must had been a very decisive win !

Only the Danault's bashers seem to be alive and kicking.

Reactions: tazsub3

Jul 6, 2016
Not sure how to respond to a bunch of question marks.

What is your comment or question?

Waite really said that ? I strongly doubt. I heard the many interviews he gave this past week, and he never talked about that.

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
He tied it two days ago, you just keep repeating the same mistakes.

Why did you wait til now to bring it up then? So you could make a backhanded comment? You keep exhibiting the same deplorable modus operandi.

Jul 6, 2016
Honestly, nothing to complain about other than the team maybe needing to tighten up some plays better. On to Vancouver!

Is it so hard to be positive and happy ?

The last four games had been quite good. Too bad they don't know what to do in OT.

As I wrote last week: you have to learn to walk before learning how to run. And that is exactly what they have done this past week under Ducharme and Burrows.

And this 6 games trip is arriving at the very best moment. Once again, the players will be together, focus on their game, and perform their best.

Last edited:

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
And these ailments only really became a factor after the 10.5 train had left the station? :sarcasm:

Of course, his medical condition was known prior to signing — how did they figure it would not be an issue in his 30s?
You know what they say, cats will miaw, dogs will bark, guitars will tzing and idiots will be idiots.
That being said, I don't think it's catastrophic. Every athletes goes into injuries, Lemieux had some, Béliveau, Serena Williams, etc. One thing is : hockey is so popular here in Mtl that everything is enlarge into huge proportion.

We'll see what happen. We have to be behind our team and hope for the best.

Reactions: Runner77

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Is it true they asked to Ouellet and Dauphin to be part of the travelling with the team in the taxi squad? Are they sure they are the best Rocket players available?

Jul 6, 2016
I think Dom convinced him Suzuki is also a defense first center and is taking a lot of the heavy lifting 5v5. Danault's line is not necessarily matched up against an opponents top line all the time so they should take advantage of that.

Ducharme said that he doesn't care that much about matchups. Contrary to Julien who was obsessed (and bad) at it.

Jul 6, 2016
Is it true they asked to Ouellet and Dauphin to be part of the travelling with the team in the taxi squad? Are they sure they are the best Rocket players available?

They won't play. It doesn't matter. But it's gonna allow more yougsters to play with the Rocket for a couple of weeks.

Reactions: Holystik

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Is it so hard to be positive and happy ?

The last four games had been quite good. Too bad they don't know what to do in OT.

As I wrote last week: you have to learn to walk before learning how to run. And that is exactly what they have done this past week under Ducharme and Burrows.

And this 6 games trip is arriving at the very best moment. Once again, the players will be together, focus on their game, and perform their best.

I think people are generally happy. Shorter victory threads aren’t unique to Montreal. It’s like that for all fan bases. When the team loses, it’s natural people are upset and want to vent.

I mean, we could go start threads again how we’re the best team in the North and Ducharme is a lock for the Adams, but that’d be silly.

Anyhow, I am happy with the results but it’s time to move on to the next game.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
And these ailments only really became a factor after the 10.5 train had left the station? :sarcasm:

Of course, his medical condition was known prior to signing — how did they figure it would not be an issue in his 30s?
Bergevin lives in fairy tale land. Been saying it forever, he runs the team like a fanboy.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Good insight from Ducharme : doesn't like to match lines at all costs. Says it's too rigid to think that way. Adds that by matching systematically, you let the opponent coach control the game.

I've always always always believed this. Let them worry about who you are putting out there.

Reactions: dinodebino

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
Very nice spanking by the Habs. I can't add much more to what has already been said. They had some puck luck that one could say was lacking in the OT losses. Coach could just as easily be 4 - 1 or whatever instead of whatever. LOL Nice to see him gain some support from his detractors. Didn't understand how you could expect instant results. I'll sit back and watch the "process". This was a step in the right direction.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Ducharme said that he doesn't care that much about matchups. Contrary to Julien who was obsessed (and bad) at it.
True but rarely did he have anyone else against their top two lines (Danault and Suzuki) when we were able change in our end. We still need to cut down on icing the puck but don't hold your breath when #6 and #8 are out there they are by far the worst culprits.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Good insight from Ducharme : doesn't like to match lines at all costs. Says it's too rigid to think that way. Adds that by matching systematically, you let the opponent coach control the game.
This was my biggest critique of Julien’s. His insistence line matching which never really worked considering our home record during his time.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
We’ve had a run of really bad luck lately. It was nice to see the Gods smile upon us for a change. Usually the puck off the stantion type bounce that we got seems to go against Ilya this year. Nice to see it even out if only for one night.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad