Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
It will not be Dioner heading to Seattle per Davidi

computer-smash-other-guys-Mark-Wahlberg-angry.gif

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
I know you're trying to be a smart ass because Buehrle is getting paid $20 mil. What do you think the odds are of attracting one of the above pitchers I mentioned. Like I said bidding starts at $20+ mil, opportunity some of them will have money deferred, deals in the area of 6 to 7 years. They didn't sign Buehrle to that deal either they traded for him.

Of course that's always a concern, but if you remove Buehrle, Dickey and Estrada from the rotation next year, you save $36 million. Stroman replaces one of them for $500,000. Factor in all the other raises that will be due and a few other free agents leaving, and there's a good chance the Jays have somewhere around $30 million to play with this offseason to fill two rotation holes (assuming no prospects make the team) and a couple bench spots.

Cueto, Greinke, Price and Zimmermann are all pending free agent aces, and there's a huge list of mid- to top-of-rotation guys available. A payroll decrease is the only real risk right now. If payroll doesn't go down, there will be a lot of money to fill a very short list of holes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad