Confirmed with Link: And the 2013-14 Jacques Beauchamp-Molson Trophy goes to...

Feintastic

Jun 22, 2013
39 points in 80 games is dominant ? Oh sorry he's good defensively yea yea...

Im not hating Gionta but there is some guys that deserved the trophy before him wtf ! Dont make me laught... dominant role ? eeehhh

Plekanec(deserve more credit than Gio, come on lets be serious), Pacioretty(where the habs would be without all his goals?), Markov ?

Even if u say ''he's underrated he deserves it'' the truth is that they wanted to be nice with him cause he's a good guy with a good attitude, I can understand. Throwing some flowers at him when u want to sign him for cheap, Habs are wise.

Last edited:

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006

Im not hating Gionta but there is some guys that deserved the trophy before him wtf ! Dont make me laught... dominant role ? eeehhh

Plekanec(deserve more credit than Gio, come on lets be serious), Pacioretty(where the habs would be without all his goals?), Markov ?

Even if u say ''he's underrated he deserves it'' the truth is that they wanted to be nice with him cause he's a good guy with a good attitude, I can understand.

It's easier to justify signing him after he gets a gold star from the team ;)

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal

Even if u say ''he's underrated he deserves it'' the truth is that they wanted to be nice with him cause he's a good guy with a good attitude, I can understand. Throwing some flowers at him when u want to sign him for cheap, Habs are wise.

he would be leading in points with the panthers :laugh:

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Gionta the media darling.

Previous winners :

1999 - Benoît Brunet
2000 - Eric Weinrich
2001 - Oleg Petrov
2002 - Joé Juneau
2003 - Jan Bulis
2004 - Francis Bouillon
2005 - lock-out
2006 - Steve Bégin
2007 - Mark Streit
2008 - Mark Streit
2009 - Maxim Lapierre
2010 - Josh Gorges
2011 - Roman Hamrlík
2012 - Josh Gorges
2013 - Brandon Prust
2014 - Brian Gionta

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007

I think you are mixing up the word dominant and dominating. Gionta is getting recognition for having played a leading role in his team's success beyond what his stats indicate.

The players you named are all recognized for their contributions, celebrated even.

The people who vote for this probably have a closer look at the team than we do , and are taking into consideration other players opinions and what they see between games.

habs247

Oct 8, 2013
Gionta is the perfect shut down winger on the 3rd line. He's not a 2nd line player, doesn't deserve a sniff of the PP.

If he's put in the right role, I don't mind having him back next year.

Daniel Briere on the other hand, he's absolutely useless. Soft on the boards offensively, no shot.. Totally incompetent defensively. What a waste of $4. It seems even damn Bourque puts more effort than Briere.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
This is basically an unsung hero award and I can't say that I disagree with it. Gionta has been solid, albeit not spectacular, for us this season.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
Last hurrah with the Habs.
I bet it won't be, though. Well last "hurrah", maybe. But I would predict he's our captain again next season.

Unless something miraculous happens on the Vanek front, anyway, and we just don't have the cap space. But those are long enough odds that I'm comfortable predicting the return of Gionta.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad