Anaheim vs Ottawa

Which group of forward prospects would you prefer?

• Total voters

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
I'm thinking he has a brother or something and they argue about their teams.

I think he's on the Sens end of things.
Ahh true makes sense. As for this poll I think Batherson is the best prospect but overall all the prospects here are nice ones. I'm a little cautious on Brown from previous viewings but his talent is undeniable and the production is there, I can see him being similar to dylan strome and become a 1st line center if all goes well. Gave the ducks the slight edge here cause I really like comtois and Terry but the Sens have 3 great prospects.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
Batherson is easily the best of this group...followed by a mix of Brown/the Ducks trio and Balcers likely in last.

I would side with Ottawa due to Batherson.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Ducks 3. plus they will likely get a Hughes/Kakko/Dach/Cozens/Turcotte, while the sens watch one of these guys go to the avs
That has nothing to do with the poll. Do you think people are unfamiliar with the situation? Such a dumb post.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Steel and Terry have great AHL numbers as well, and Comtois impresses me wherever he plays. I know the A is a good league, I'm just saying you can't simply stat watch and say this player will be a good NHL player based on his AHL numbers (I'm not claiming you are, just saying in general).

Regardless, the fact that I like the Ducks trio here far more than the Sens is mainly because I am really high on the Ducks 3 prospects here, and not so much that I "dislike" the Sens 3. I think Batherson will (probably) be a top 6 NHL forward, as soon as next year. I'm not sold on Brown, I've never been huge on him, and for a guy his size, he should already be in the NHL. Balcers is just your dime a dozen AHLer.

While you clearly have a bias in this thread towards the anaheim players as you are stumbling over your contradictions. The bolded portion is universally the opposite and is so far incorrect its laughable.

Big players development curves are always longer. Always, what you said does not make sense or fall in line with all the data in player development.

Why is it that balcers numbers at 20 years old dont count but they do for all the other players?...

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I wouldn’t trade Batherson alone for the three Ducks prospects.

While you clearly have a bias in this thread towards the anaheim players as you are stumbling over your contradictions. The bolded portion is universally the opposite and is so far incorrect its laughable.

Big players development curves are always longer. Always, what you said does not make sense or fall in line with all the data in player development.

Why is it that balcers numbers at 20 years old dont count but they do for all the other players?...

Don’t bother with that guy. He’s held a grudge against the Sens...he was mocking our organization for taking Tkachuk over Zadina and has been eating shit since Zadina is struggling to find his game as a pro.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada

I have a bias towards Anaheim??? I actually hate the Ducks, easily one of my least favourite teams in the NHL. If anything I have a bias against the Ducks lol

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I have a bias towards Anaheim??? I actually hate the Ducks, easily one of my least favourite teams in the NHL. If anything I have a bias against the Ducks lol
Well its a bias or an inability to apply basic hockey development knowledge to the discussion.

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks
I wouldn’t trade Batherson alone for the three Ducks prospects.

Don’t bother with that guy. He’s held a grudge against the Sens...he was mocking our organization for taking Tkachuk over Zadina and has been eating **** since Zadina is struggling to find his game as a pro.

If you wouldt trade Batherson for Steel, Comtois, and Terry right now that would make you the worst GM of all time.

It's one thing to like Batherson the most but to say you wouldn't trade him for all 3 shows either your lack of knowledge or just a completely foolish bias.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
If you wouldt trade Batherson for Steel, Comtois, and Terry right now that would make you the worst GM of all time.

It's one thing to like Batherson the most but to say you wouldn't trade him for all 3 shows either your lack of knowledge or just a completely foolish bias.
LUG!!!!

Reactions: LuG61

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

And as you would expect going through his post history he is head over heels with Anthony Mantha. Yes the 6'5" forward who had a disappointing AHL rookie campaign and even needed a full second year in the minors before he was able to crack an NHL roster.

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks
I wouldn’t say lopsided. Just proves how underrated some of these Ottawa prospects really are.

I seriously doubt prospects of a Canadian team would be more underrated then Anaheims projects.

If anything maybe the problem is you overrated them...

scallionjj11

FOREVERALFIE
Jun 10, 2009
East Coast
I seriously doubt prospects of a Canadian team would be more underrated then Anaheims projects.

If anything maybe the problem is you overrated them...

And Ottawa is the stalling Canadian market at that, its very possible for the sens prospects to be underrated.

Nice to see Batherson get another 3 points last night, kid is on a roll and is with some very elite company when it comes to PPG in the AHL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad