Anaheim vs Ottawa

Which group of forward prospects would you prefer?

• Total voters

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Not sure how good these Ducks are... but to beat the sens here they better be damn good.

If someone knew both teams players I'd like to hear why they would pick the Ducks trio. Just curious

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Ducks 3. plus they will likely get a Hughes/Kakko/Dach/Cozens/Turcotte, while the sens watch one of these guys go to the avs

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
This isn't even remotely close. Ducks win this in a landslide. A strong case can be made for all three of these Ducks prospects ahead of all 3 Sens. Odd poll in my opinion.

Reactions: LuG61

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I think Batherson is the best of the bunch and Balcers is the worst. Wouldn't trade our three for their three because of Batherson, but I don't blame anyone for picking the Ducks.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Ducks 3. More upside.

Sens have more upside. Ducks are safer bet, if anything.

This isn't even remotely close. Ducks win this in a landslide. A strong case can be made for all three of these Ducks prospects ahead of all 3 Sens. Odd poll in my opinion.

You have no idea what you're talking about saying that. No idea. If you wanna pick ducks guys, sure, but to say not remotely close, lol. Batherson is the best of the group as of now while Balcers put up an AHL season as 20 year old last year better than anything Ducks guys did.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Sens have more upside. Ducks are safer bet, if anything.

You have no idea what you're talking about saying that. No idea. If you wanna pick ducks guys, sure, but to say not remotely close, lol. Batherson is the best of the group as of now while Balcers put up an AHL season as 20 year old last year better than anything Ducks guys did.

You are justifying your opinion using AHL stats? Daniel Carr is tearing up the A, he must have a ton of NHL value!

Batherson looks like he'll be a nice player, but his foot-speed is still a bit of a question mark. Logan Brown should be in the NHL by now, but isn't. Rudolf Balcers? Come on, what's his value right now? A 4th round pick? Maybe a 3rd?

Of the 6 prospects, I can comfortably say Brown is 5th and Balcers is 6th. Batherson is a bit of a wildcard, personnally I'd put Sam Steel ahead of him, as a no brainer. I would probably take Comtois ahead of him too.

1) Steel
2) Comtois
3) Batherson =Terry
5) Brown
6) Balcers

Maybe you are slightly over-valuing your prospects here? Belleville isn't even in a playoff spot as we speak lol

scallionjj11

FOREVERALFIE
Jun 10, 2009
East Coast
You are justifying your opinion using AHL stats? Daniel Carr is tearing up the A, he must have a ton of NHL value!

Batherson looks like he'll be a nice player, but his foot-speed is still a bit of a question mark. Logan Brown should be in the NHL by now, but isn't. Rudolf Balcers? Come on, what's his value right now? A 4th round pick? Maybe a 3rd?

Of the 6 prospects, I can comfortably say Brown is 5th and Balcers is 6th. Batherson is a bit of a wildcard, personnally I'd put Sam Steel ahead of him, as a no brainer. I would probably take Comtois ahead of him too.

1) Steel
2) Comtois
3) Batherson =Terry
5) Brown
6) Balcers

Maybe you are slightly over-valuing your prospects here? Belleville isn't even in a playoff spot as we speak lol

Is Daniel Carr doing it at the same age ? Great comparable.

Reactions: bert
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Is Daniel Carr doing it at the same age ? Great comparable.

Carter Verhaeghe then? My point is that AHL success is not an appropriate indicator for NHL success. Balcers is not a grade A prospect by any means. 28 points in 38 games isn't even that good. It's solid production, but it's not like he's tearing the AHL up.

scallionjj11

FOREVERALFIE
Jun 10, 2009
East Coast
Carter Verhaeghe then? My point is that AHL success is not an appropriate indicator for NHL success. Balcers is not a grade A prospect by any means. 28 points in 38 games isn't even that good. It's solid production, but it's not like he's tearing the AHL up.

28 points in 38 games as a 21 year old in his second year pro. Now he’s up with the big club. That’s not good ?

You underrate the ahl and how good of a development league it is. Logan brown and drake are doing pretty damn well for their first years pro. Not to mention batherson being up with the big club and having a pretty successful stint of games.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
28 points in 38 games as a 21 year old in his second year pro. Now he’s up with the big club. That’s not good ?

You underrate the ahl and how good of a development league it is. Logan brown and drake are doing pretty damn well for their first years pro. Not to mention batherson being up with the big club and having a pretty successful stint of games.

Steel and Terry have great AHL numbers as well, and Comtois impresses me wherever he plays. I know the A is a good league, I'm just saying you can't simply stat watch and say this player will be a good NHL player based on his AHL numbers (I'm not claiming you are, just saying in general).

Regardless, the fact that I like the Ducks trio here far more than the Sens is mainly because I am really high on the Ducks 3 prospects here, and not so much that I "dislike" the Sens 3. I think Batherson will (probably) be a top 6 NHL forward, as soon as next year. I'm not sold on Brown, I've never been huge on him, and for a guy his size, he should already be in the NHL. Balcers is just your dime a dozen AHLer.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Steel and Terry have great AHL numbers as well, and Comtois impresses me wherever he plays. I know the A is a good league, I'm just saying you can't simply stat watch and say this player will be a good NHL player based on his AHL numbers (I'm not claiming you are, just saying in general).

Regardless, the fact that I like the Ducks trio here far more than the Sens is mainly because I am really high on the Ducks 3 prospects here, and not so much that I "dislike" the Sens 3. I think Batherson will (probably) be a top 6 NHL forward, as soon as next year. I'm not sold on Brown, I've never been huge on him, and for a guy his size, he should already be in the NHL. Balcers is just your dime a dozen AHLer.

What a ridiculous take. Things could be alot worse for Brown, he could be having a season similar to Anthony 'could score 40' Mantha's first year as a pro. Not even going to touch on the Balcers being a dime a dozen AHLer.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Batherson is a bit of a wildcard, personnally I'd put Sam Steel ahead of him, as a no brainer.
Do you think AHL production is completely worthless or something? Batherson has 46 points in 38 games while Steel has 28 in 40, Batherson also has had very good performance in NHL. And you use the placement of the teams as some indicator, while Steel's deep in the - on a + team while the opposite is true for Batherson.

Ducks prospects are older and have accomplished less.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
What a ridiculous take. Things could be alot worse for Brown, he could be having a season similar to Anthony 'could score 40' Mantha's first year as a pro. Not even going to touch on the Balcers being a dime a dozen AHLer.

Ya preferring the Ducks prospects is fine but this is just a horribly incorrect evaluation of the 3 Sens guys

Balcers is a legit top 6 prospect and has looked consistently dangerous in the NHL. Reminded me of Mike Hoffman in his first real stint with us 2013-2014 (when he was 24, btw)

Brown would probably be up if he had been healthy over the past few years and his play absolutely merits a call-up. He is easily NHL caliber and could probably already run a solid PP in the NHL. The reasons he is not up are a) we are bringing him along slowly as he's always been a project, didn't even start in the gym until after he was drafted b) his faceoffs are not yet NHL caliber c) he has missed a lot of hockey and d) probably most importantly, we are trying to make the playoffs in Belleville and he is one of their top players by a large margin

scallionjj11

FOREVERALFIE
Jun 10, 2009
East Coast

Then you obviously don't know much about Logan Brown. He's never really been a physical player, sure he has size and can use it to his advantage but he's not going to bull doze players just because he's 6'6. He's got some nasty mitts on him, you should check out his highlight reel goal from the other night.

Reactions: Mack Attack

scallionjj11

FOREVERALFIE
Jun 10, 2009
East Coast

1) Steel
2) Comtois
3) Batherson =Terry
5) Brown
6) Balcers

Batherson might be the most sure fire prospect out of all 6

Reactions: Mack Attack

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
TELL US WHY IT'S ALWAYS THE SENS VS. DUCKS.

It's been years!
It's been a strange trend but if it's a thread started by Scallionjj11 its Sens vs Ducks. If he were a sens fan then maybe it would make sense that he held a grudge from there finals loss to the ducks. But isnt he a ducks fan?

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
It's been a strange trend but if it's a thread started by Scallionjj11 its Sens vs Ducks. If he were a sens fan then maybe it would make sense that he held a grudge from there finals loss to the ducks. But isnt he a ducks fan?

I'm thinking he has a brother or something and they argue about their teams.

I think he's on the Sens end of things.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad