Value of: Anaheim trading up for Byfield

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
kings arent trading that pick . very rare occurence for a talented center at that size to hit the draft . its like a malkin or mathews shows up

Oct 18, 2011
okay to clarify I was assuming Stutzle is going number 2, but if the Kings want Byfield the premise is the same basically the price of moving up to 3 or 4

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
okay to clarify I was assuming Stutzle is going number 2, but if the Kings want Byfield the premise is the same basically the price of moving up to 3 or 4

Curious why you'd assume that since most the talk has centered around LA selecting Byfield. It's not just moving up 3-4 spots like that's nothing. It's a big potentially franchise center on board, nobody is realistically going to look at trading that pick.

You really think there's a chance Byfield is available at 4?

Reactions: go4hockey

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
kings arent trading that pick . very rare occurence for a talented center at that size to hit the draft . its like a malkin or mathews shows up

I like your enthusiasm but i dont think this is a matthews/malkin/eichel level talent.

maybe a pettersson type though that can approach ppg

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
The problem is both teams are rebuilding teams. The cost for LA to decide and move down 4 spots is most likely worth more assets than the Ducks want to spend. LA could use a top 2/3 pick, depending on who they decide to take and based on the order players get drafted, so to fall out of that range is going to take a lot.

Ducks need all the assets they have right now, to trade away an overpayment to jump into the #2 range, doesn't seem worth it. I think they'd be better off trying to see if Drysdale drops to 6 for them, and then using their later 1st to either trade away for an almost ready prospect, or even packaged to move up. The 31st and 36th could get you something nice back instead of risking a ton of assets on the #2 pick.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
Kings are not trading that pick, if they were going to Anaheim would be the last place they would send it.
yeah that's the issue I've got with it there

I could see the Kings moving two to 4th or 5th and swapping pick with Ottawa or Detroit, but I cant see them being dance partner with the Ducks and sending them a guy like Byfield who could hurt them multiple time a year

However, what if Detroit offer 4th OV + 32th OV + Joe Veleno for the 2th overall? Drysdale, Veleno and someone like Reichel would be an interesting package for Byfield.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
yeah that's the issue I've got with it there

I could see the Kings moving two to 4th or 5th and swapping pick with Ottawa or Detroit, but I cant see them being dance partner with the Ducks and sending them a guy like Byfield who could hurt them multiple time a year

However, what if Detroit offer 4th OV + 32th OV + Joe Veleno for the 2th overall? Drysdale, Veleno and someone like Reichel would be an interesting package for Byfield.

I do not see LA moving that pick at all. If I’m in charge I don’t move the pick at all. Draft yourself a top end center and be happy. LA rarely has the opportunity to draft this high and are in need of high end talent as they already have a nice group of prospects.

Last edited:
Reactions: Guitpik

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Byfield is not worth the cost it would take. If we moved up to 2 we should take Stutzle.

Odie Cleghorn

Jun 8, 2020
he isnt nearly as good a prospect as byfield. He probably wouldnt have been a top 10 pick in this draft class
Please stop with the ridiculous comments. Zegras would be top 5 in this draft. He may be the best player in last years draft. I liked him at 4th in that draft. 9 assists in WJC despite playing for an imbecile coach.

apadilla

Dec 27, 2007
Kings aren't trading the 2nd overall. But a package of Manson and Jones and the 6th overall would work.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Anaheim's future isn't dim. They would be best served to make their pick and continue building. However, if they feel like getting crazy, honestly, if you are aiming to trade up, the price for 1st overall wouldn't be that much different. I doubt LA is going to be moved to give the 2nd overall up, especially to their next-door neighbor. The assets for either pick would be similar. The price would be ridiculous though.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
If one of the playoff teams had the 2nd i could see this as a very real possibility as they may be in a win now mode. Its probably more realistic to try to get #1 if a really good team has that pick and would rather take a nice package of win now pieces.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
AdorableImpracticalIndianhare-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: Guitpik

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Maybe 6th and Fowler?

Would take more than that. Fowler is a good player, but his value to a team picking that high is not going to be close to what that pick is worth. If he were a couple years into his career, maybe then you'd have an argument, but as it stands now a high draft pick in a draft with some good talent is just more valuable than a 28 year old vet and a 6th overall.

I really think a team would want someone like Zegras on top of the 6th. Not saying Anaheim should/would do it, but I suspect that's what it would take. In other words, I can't see it happening.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad