AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
So, Take 1 for Bruce is:

Palmieri-Getzlaf-Perry
Ryan-Bonino-Selanne
Winnik-Koivu-Cogliano
Beleskey-Holland-Smith Pelly

with others fight for any chance they could get.
How are our defensemen?

Palmieri on the first line = meh

Ducksgo*

That`s what i`m thinking, but Bruce will try a lot of options, and looks like he`s trying with this one first. I don`t think they`ll end up any good, but you never know, eh..

Ide be stoked if Etem makes the roster. Don't count this kid out just yet.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Ide be stoked if Etem makes the roster. Don't count this kid out just yet.

I think he'd need to blow everyone away at camp. Palmieri and Holland seem like easy picks ahead of him. Their games are more developed, and they were significantly better in Norfolk.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Per Stephens, looks like Etem and Devo are splitting RW position while Beleskey is playing on left side with Holland.

Gotta think Etem, Devo and Maroon also will get a chance on top line.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
So, the defensive pairs per Stephens are Sbisa-Souray; Allen-Fowler; Lydman-Beauchemin

Not sure if the sides are like these, though

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Interesting. Lydman-Beauchemin would be a nice shutdown pair. Fowler can play either side, so there is no concern there, and Allen(much like Beauchemin) should complement him nicely. Sbisa-Souray looks like a clear 3rd pairing.

This is probably experimentation though. Just throw it against the wall to see what sticks. You might get lucky. I wouldn't be surprised to see Fowler back with Beauchemin by the time training camp is over. A healthy Lydman can change things up though, because let's face it, he was damn good for us when he was healthy.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Allen - Fowler? Interesting. If those pairings stick I would expect Lydman and Beauchemin to do a lot of heavy lifting which could be a good thing as it gives Fowler more sheltered minutes.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Getzlaf appears to not be wearing a visor

I'm surprised he lasted a year and a half with one tbh. He was never a fan of wearing one at all. For his eyes sake I would have hoped he kept it on but there are plenty of guys who don't wear them.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
If Lydman-Beauchamin plays first line minutes against the opposing teams best forwards, then I'm expecting at least 25 points out of Fowler

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
If Lydman-Beauchamin plays first line minutes against the opposing teams best forwards, then I'm expecting at least 25 points out of Fowler

Are we talking even strength? Or total? 25 points is a really conservative number to me. I'd expect 30+, potentially more if the PP gets going.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006

I keep reading predictions and thinking about how everyones expectations are really low then remembering we only have 48 games to work with. Stupid lockout.

If we get 2010-11 Lydman and 2011-12 Beauchemin then that pairing could be great. Even with his struggles last year, Lydman was relied on to play some very hard minutes.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Are we talking even strength? Or total? 25 points is a really conservative number to me. I'd expect 30+, potentially more if the PP gets going.

Oh yeah, after doing the math a second time you're right. This 48 game schedule is messing with me.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
I keep reading predictions and thinking about how everyones expectations are really low then remembering we only have 48 games to work with. Stupid lockout.

If we get 2010-11 Lydman and 2011-12 Beauchemin then that pairing could be great. Even with his struggles last year, Lydman was relied on to play some very hard minutes.

:laugh: Duh. 48 games. I keep forgetting.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012

I know it's confusing

Agree with you about the Lydman-Beauchamin pairing. That could give us a real nice shutdown pairing. And it would allow Fowler and Sbisa to be better offensively

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad