GDT: Anaheim Ducks 12/13 Training camp

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
trainingcamp.jpg

START: Sunday, 11:15 @ Honda Center (doors opened at 10:45). Visitors will get free parking and free hot-dog and soda
See more info HERE
11_honda_center_limousine.jpg

About open spots, about scrimmages, etc - Bruce interview:
CAMP ROSTER:
Forwards: (#, Name, Ht, Wt, Shoots)
#7 - Andrew Cogliano, 5-10, 180, L
#8 - Teemu Selanne, 6-0, 200, R
#9 - Bobby Ryan, 6-1, 207, R
#10 - Corey Perry, 6-3, 210, R
#11 - Saku Koivu, 5-10, 180, L
#13 - Nick Bonino, 6-1, 186, L
#15 - Ryan Getzlaf, 6-4, 217, R
#25 - Brad Staubitz, 6-1, 215, R
#34 - Daniel Winnik, 6-2, 210, R
#39 - Mat Beleskey, 6-0, 204, L
#46 - Pierre-Luc Leblond, 6-2, 210, L
#51 - Kyle Palmieri, 5-11, 196, R
#62 - Patrick Maroon, 6-3, 231, L
#64 - Emerson Etem, 6-0, 202, L
#67 - Rickard Rakell, 6-1, 190, R
#74 - Peter Holland, 6-2, 192, L
#77 - Devante Smith-Pelly, 6-0, 213, R

Defensemen:
#2 - Nate Guenin, 6-3, 207, R
#4 - Cam Fowler, 6-1, 205, L
#5 - Luca Sbisa, 6-2, 207, L
#23 - Francois Beauchemin, 6-0, 204, L
#32 - Toni Lydman, 6-1, 208, L
#40 - Jordan Hendry, 6-0, 197, L
#44 - Sheldon Souray, 6-4, 237, L
#55 - Bryan Allen, 6-5, 226, L

Goaltenders:
#1 - Jonas Hiller, 6-2, 194, R
#30 - Viktor Fasth, 5-11, 191, L
#36 - John Gibson, 6-3, 217, L
#43 - Jeff Deslauriers, 6-4, 203, R

CAMP NOTES <-

PS
* Peter Holland have a birthday tomorrow, turns 22. See in camp roster
* 17 forwards, 8 defensemen and 4 goalies = 29 players overall
* Leblanc on Pro Tryout
* Only 4 players (Koivu, Palmieri, Cogliano, Fasth) under 6-0
* Exept Hendry (197), no defensemen are under 200 pounds (and 6-0)
* Number changes outside newcomers (2): Bonino #13 and Guenin #2
* Shoots/Catches: Forwards 9(R); 8(L). Defensemen 1(R); 7(L). Goalies 2(R); 2(L)

Lets get this Thing going!

Last edited:

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Both injured. I guess let them develop in the A this season.
Guenin and Hendry will take a spot if any injuries. Exept if Souray gets one again, i`d want to call up Vatanen.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Saw that too Lord Flashheart, but Guenin isn`t on twitter, so i suppose he didn`t mention him.
Guenin dindn`t played last nigh.

Also with Guenin we`d have 8 defendensemen at camp, which would make more sense than 7. (better for scrimmage, and also better for fighting for that #7 spot, instead of just taking it, like Bruce said on the interview)

So i`m sure Guenin is called up too. We`ll see in the first practice. Anyone going?

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Very interesting. Boudreau lists Bonino, Getzlaf, and Koivu as our definite centers. And he lists 4th line center as being an open position (along with 3rd line wing, 4th line wing, and a defenseman's spot).

That means if Holland makes the team, he's either the 4th line center or he's on the wing.

Last edited:

RPGrizzly

Jan 5, 2006
rofl love Bruce interviews, thanks for that. Flat out says what we've all been saying/thinking "Where do we fit Cogs?" :handclap: Also says there are three constants at C- Getz, Koivu, Bonino. Holland was the only other center invited and BB was singing his praises so you've gotta think he has a pretty good chance of making the team out of camp. Let's get this going! :)

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Yeah, i`m starting to pencil in Holland as a 4th line guy. That was aslo in my first predicted roster, before i thought about Pelley. I doubt Holland looses the job to Rakell.

I think Beleskey is the other guy on 4th line to be penciled in. The right wing, most likely will be Staubitz/Smith-Pelly (who have a bad year). Anyway - a lot of youth there, which, hopefully will bring a lot of energy on the ice.

Gorgeous George

Mar 1, 2002
Temple Bar
Visit site
Very interesting. Boudreau lists Bonino, Getzlaf, and Koivu as our definite centers. And he lists 4th line center as being an open position (along with 3rd line wing, 4th line wing, and a defenseman's spot).

That means if Holland makes the team, he's either the 4th line center or he's on the wing.

Probably should send Holland back to the AHL if he does not crack the top three lines.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Probably should send Holland back to the AHL if he does not crack the top three lines.

I think that will not be the case. Bruce says that the 4th line spot is open, and the managment calls up Rakell and Holland - one of them will have to play that spot. It won`t be Rakell i can tell you that.
If the managment would like to get more suitable 4th line C, we would call up Pelley, not Holland. I guess we are going to see a 4th line differnet than we are used to. The one who actually plays some minutes.

If we look back, even Getz, Perry and Ryan started out on 4th line. When they prooved it, they moved up. It is also better because of the oppositons lines - you won`t face the top pairing D as often, as you would, playing on 1st line.
I still think Pelley should be at least called up, but the situation is what it is, now i`ll pay attention to Holly

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas

Not necessarily. Firstly, Boudreau stated last season he wanted to roll 4 lines this year. His coaching style was less like Carlyle who overplayed the first line and more balanced ice time overall. Secondly, just cause Holland starts the year on the fourth line doesn't mean he'll finish there. That's where Getzlaf, Perry, and Ryan started their careers.

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
Holland should be the 4th center to start out with, this isn't RC's system where the fourth line plays 4 minutes. He'll actually get some time playing just like Getz did in 2005-2006 and he was rewarded with more time through the powerplay and moving up in the line-up. I want Holland to see NHL time wherever he is in the line-up.

But anyways, I'm going to the practice, might be late, but I'll give notes on what I saw. First time giving scouting reports so take mine for a grain of salt later haha.

RPGrizzly

Jan 5, 2006

I would agree, it only leaves us with 1 defensive center, but both Randy and Bruce have shown they feel comfortable with Getzlaf taking defensive faceoffs. Holland could theoretically play on a line with Winnik, with Winnik taking the draws then sliding back to wing with Holland taking over the center ice... Who knows, this team has a lot of options, I like to call it flexibility and you can look at it as a positive or negative thing. Either way, that's what we have on the table and everything depends on what Bruce is hungry for (ice cream?)

Remember Getz and Perry broke into the league as 20 year olds on the 4th line, same with Ryan, DSP. All highly touted rookies, each playing 11-12 minutes on the 4th line. If anything it would be normal for Holland-Palmieri to play 11 minutes a game on the 4th line. You have to establish yourself in the NHL somehow, get your feet wet, and I'd be more comfortable with Holland playing sheltered minutes this season and jumping to the 2-spot next season, rather than him eating up AHL minutes then being thrown into the spotlight next season.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I would agree, it only leaves us with 1 defensive center, but both Randy and Bruce have shown they feel comfortable with Getzlaf taking defensive faceoffs. Holland could theoretically play on a line with Winnik, with Winnik taking the draws then sliding back to wing with Holland taking over the center ice... Who knows, this team has a lot of options, I like to call it flexibility and you can look at it as a positive or negative thing. Either way, that's what we have on the table and everything depends on what Bruce is hungry for (ice cream?)

Remember Getz and Perry broke into the league as 20 year olds on the 4th line, same with Ryan, DSP. All highly touted rookies, each playing 11-12 minutes on the 4th line. If anything it would be normal for Holland-Palmieri to play 11 minutes a game on the 4th line. You have to establish yourself in the NHL somehow, get your feet wet, and I'd be more comfortable with Holland playing sheltered minutes this season and jumping to the 2-spot next season, rather than him eating up AHL minutes then being thrown into the spotlight next season.
tumblr_lvdlodcjOH1qfe7uo.gif

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Oh, the Ducks had that poll on website about favorite food at Honda Center. Hot Dogs won. Now they are offering one for everyone in the stands today. It`s not as good offer as Tampas, but it`s at least something, right?

kducks

Duck Off
Sep 19, 2007
OC
Oh, the Ducks had that poll on website about favorite food at Honda Center. Hot Dogs won. Now they are offering one for everyone in the stands today. It`s not as good offer as Tampas, but it`s at least something, right?

They supposedly have some ticket deals today too, so we'll see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad