GDT: Anaheim @ Carolina: The Great Science Fiction Mash Up Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
I hope they're aware of that and don't think they played "good", because that was borderline crap.

I'm all for taking the win, but I agree. Our best line was the Hagelin line, and only sporadically did the top line look at all good. Lindholm was better than he has been, but he still doesn't look good.

And as people have already mentioned, you do kind of wonder if playing another crappy team had anything to do with making some people look good?

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
holy crap. bieksa with 25minutes tonight. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLY crap. was he absolutely amazing or something? (I didn't watch the game tonight)
Fowler at 22
Lindholm at 18
Vats at 19

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
holy crap. bieksa with 25minutes tonight. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLY crap. was he absolutely amazing or something? (I didn't watch the game tonight)
Fowler at 22
Lindholm at 18
Vats at 19

Best game he's played for us, but that's not saying much. He was solid to good. Still trying to be a forward too much. Not deserving of the most minutes.

ChickenBurrito

Apr 8, 2013
Boring ugly game but Lack made a few great saves to keep the score from looking even worse for the Canes. Good to see Hagelin respond well to his benching and hope that ENG gets Getzlaf scoring a little (who are we kidding it wont).

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
Fowler at 22
Lindholm at 18
Vats at 19

He took the same number of shifts as Cam but played three extra minutes, that was the case throughout the game. Not sure what to make of that.

edit: Looks like this might be a theme with KB2, staying out there too long trying for the extra play, might explain why he's always leading the defense in ice time.

ChaseANA

Apr 12, 2015
Notice how when Bieksa doesn't insist on becoming a winger on the fly he plays a decent game.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Nick Ritchie was impressive. A bit rough around the edges but impressive nonetheless.

He looked like he belonged. Was physical, fast(surprisingly fast IMO), smart, and solid defensively.

Hagelin and Cogliano work together, who knew putting the two fastest players on the team together would work? People have only been crying for it since the beginning of the season.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
I guess that depends on whether or not you value speed and size.

From a 19 year old

As I mentioned in my post, I was more impressed with his defensive zone coverage, ability to make the little safe place like chipping the puck out, and getting the puck in deep when protecting a lead. That's a skill that most skilled players that were in Ritchie's position in juniors never learned and are often sent down to the AHL to develop. There's little doubt he has the skill, speed, and size to succeed at this level, but it's the aforementioned skillset that will get him in the league sooner and thus allow him to adjust quicker.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Ritchie was ok. He looked like a talented teenager playing his first game; flashes of raw skill followed by nervous fumbling. He was fine, but he isn't our savior or anything.

DaDucks*

As I mentioned in my post, I was more impressed with his defensive zone coverage, ability to make the little safe place like chipping the puck out, and getting the puck in deep when protecting a lead. That's a skill that most skilled players that were in Ritchie's position in juniors never learned and are often sent down to the AHL to develop. There's little doubt he has the skill, speed, and size to succeed at this level, but it's the aforementioned skillset that will get him in the league sooner and thus allow him to adjust quicker.

delete.......

IDuck

Sep 26, 2007
so its confirmed?....we offically have a bro-mance with the hurricanes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad