GDT: Anaheim @ Carolina: The Great Science Fiction Mash Up Edition

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
only the tip off the skate wasn't weak by lack

I'll have to see the 2nd goal again as I only saw it real time. All I saw was Vantanen walk around Hainsey and get a point blank shot. Can't say if Lack played it poorly or not. 3rd goal was definitely a weak one though.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I'll have to see the 2nd goal again as I only saw it real time. All I saw was Vantanen walk around Hainsey and get a point blank shot. Can't say if Lack played it poorly or not. 3rd goal was definitely a weak one though.

Its hard to blame Lack for that 2nd one. It was a hard sell on the slapshot by Vantanen, which froze Hainsey and allowed Vantanen to walk around him. Because of that, Lack couldn't change the angle and get set enough to stop Vantanen's shot.

It's one of those goals where the shot was stoppable and one you'd like the goalie to stop, but the circumstances before the shot caused it to be much more difficult than it appeared.

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine
I mean, when we look back to when this team officially checked out for the season, this would be the game.

Well, maybe...Or maybe they'll come out hard against the Leafs and take a hard-fought 2-1 loss on Friday.

But yeah, some guys looked totally checked out tonight. Ever since that DET game where he got clocked and no one stood up for him, Versteeg has done next to nothing, like he said "If they don't care, why should I?" Terry adds nothing, and even the Staals looked out of it tonight.

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
I watched the first game of the season (4-3 loss). The next game I came to was the 4-1 loss to Dallas. I watched most of the 3-2 OT loss to Philly, starting immediately after we went up 2-0. And tonight I watched the game live. I got a burrito with 10 minutes left in the first intermission. They took 15 minutes to serve 2 people in line ahead of me and make my burrito, and I missed the Hanifin goal, the only 2 minutes of the game I missed. In the mostly 4 games/losses I have seen, I have witnessed 4 goals. Ron Hainsey sucks. I dislike our group.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
Well, maybe...Or maybe they'll come out hard against the Leafs and take a hard-fought 2-1 loss on Friday.

But yeah, some guys looked totally checked out tonight. Ever since that DET game where he got clocked and no one stood up for him, Versteeg has done next to nothing, like he said "If they don't care, why should I?" Terry adds nothing, and even the Staals looked out of it tonight.

When have the Staals looked in it?

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
Sure am glad I didn't waste $7.75 on Stubhub for a ticket to this game. It was boring and borderline unwatchable.

VAcaniac

SHOOT THE PUCK
Feb 16, 2007
Los Angeles

I wouldn't count on it. Reimer is standing on his head right now and Babcock has his team playing pretty well recently. Much tougher team than their record would indicate (they beat Dallas twice in a week).

Of course, we usually beat the Leafs so who knows.

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
Time to place some blame on Bill Peters. Time to scratch both Staals'. Time for Ron Hainsey to be in the 5th/6th pairing. Time to fire Don Waddell for being happy with under 10K in attendance every night. Time to get players who actually care about their jobs. 18 games and no fighting majors? We are least penalized team in the NHL because we never hit anybody. Dump and chase does not work. The 4 lines are a joke. Both Staals' doing the same exact thing on every shift. Rutherford you are a clown. Did you see Faulk and Hanifan looking up and seeing no forward on the move? Our players do not skate. This team is a work in progress. We need to break this thing up and bring in fresh players; big wingers who can skate. Team just stinks, bottom line.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
Granted, it's only 18 games so projections can change drastically with a single game, but right now, they are on pace (record/points wise) to be the 2nd worst Carolina Hurricanes team in history (02/03 team had 61 points, this team is on pace for 63-64). Combine that with last year (which was the 2nd worst team in history already), and and it would be the worst 2 year stretch in team history. We are approaching historical levels of suckiness right now.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
Time to place some blame on Bill Peters. Time to scratch both Staals'. Time for Ron Hainsey to be in the 5th/6th pairing. Time to fire Don Waddell for being happy with under 10K in attendance every night. Time to get players who actually care about their jobs. 18 games and no fighting majors? We are least penalized team in the NHL because we never hit anybody. Dump and chase does not work. The 4 lines are a joke. Both Staals' doing the same exact thing on every shift. Rutherford you are a clown. Did you see Faulk and Hanifan looking up and seeing no forward on the move? Our players do not skate. This team is a work in progress. We need to break this thing up and bring in fresh players; big wingers who can skate. Team just stinks, bottom line.

Holy **** man, you are WAY off... Our 4th line is pretty good for their role.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad