Proposal: ANA-WSH

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Glad you took this to the trade boards so I can feel nice and validated. Rakell isn't better than Vrana for a number of reasons and the only reason you want him so bad is because you haven't taken the microscope to his game yet.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Glad you took this to the trade boards so I can feel nice and validated. Rakell isn't better than Vrana for a number of reasons and the only reason you want him so bad is because you haven't taken the microscope to his game yet.
You might feel validated on Rakell part (I stand by my opinion but it's not a big deal really) but in my initial post I also mentioned Monahan, Lindholm and Miller whom I didn't mention here. Also the thing is the people replying here might have a an educated opinion on Rakell but they don't have an opinion on Vrana that deserves the same credibility. Because you said it best: while I'm not watching Rakell under the microscope this works vice versa for the fans of othere teams with Vrana. They don't pay much attention to gigantic flaws the guy has in his game and his pathetic productivity in the playoffs.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
You might feel validated on Rakell part (I stand by my opinion but it's not a big deal really) but in my initial post I also mentioned Monahan, Lindholm and Miller whom I didn't mention here. Also the thing is the people replying here might have a an educated opinion on Rakell but they don't have an opinion on Vrana that deserves the same credibility. Because you said it best: while I'm not watching Rakell under the microscope this works vice versa for the fans of othere teams with Vrana. They don't pay much attention to gigantic flaws the guy has in his game and his pathetic productivity in the playoffs.
But it's not like the Caps board is in agreement either. Vrana's just better developed than traded, you severely undervalue his even strength productivity and overstate some of those flaws in a big way (for example, his passing).

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
This proposal makes sense to me as a Ducks fan but sounds like Caps fans don't want to do it.

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
but why... from the caps. rakell is a good player but lose him in 2 years the same way we would lose vrana if that were to happen. Rather try to win with Vrana now as Ovis time is closing. As of now its kind of a wash who is better. Rakell plays C but Vrana is 3 yrs younger. Might not have seen everything Vrana can be yet.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
but why... from the caps. rakell is a good player but lose him in 2 years the same way we would lose vrana if that were to happen. Rather try to win with Vrana now as Ovis time is closing. As of now its kind of a wash who is better. Rakell plays C but Vrana is 3 yrs younger. Might not have seen everything Vrana can be yet.

Rakell hasn't been more than an occasional fill in at center in years, he's a winger.

Reactions: Caps8112

francaisvolantsparis

Nov 21, 2018
Nice
Only way Vrana is traded is for multiple early first round draft picks. And 'multimple' is more than 3.

Here is the full list of players who scored 50 or more 5v5 goals in the last 3 regular seasons:

Alex Ovechkin
Auston Matthews
Leon Draisaitl
Connor McDavid
Brendan Gallagher
Patrick Kane
David Pastrnak
Jake Guentzel
Jakub Vrana
John Tavares

Any questions?

Ad