Proposal: ANA-WSH

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Vrana for Rakell. Straight up. No picks, no throw in prospects involved. What you say?
Um I guess I don’t mind from Anaheim perspective... I think Rakell is better and has the higher ceiling.... but vrana is a RFA so a bit more control over him and a little younger, fits our core a bit better. I do feel more would be involved in the trade tho

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Enter mad leaf fan, cause duck fans don’t want to give Rakell to them for a 2nd and 3rd :popcorn:

I was reading an Athletic article earlier which also went into his advanced analytics and basically showed his decline in production is not just team based. His chance generations and many other stars have been cratering as time goes on. Ducks fans are trying to get the value of the 70 point guy, not the 50 point guy.

Vrana is legit and his best years are ahead. I take it and run.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I was reading an Athletic article earlier which also went into his advanced analytics and basically showed his decline in production is not just team based. His chance generations and many other stars have been cratering as time goes on. Ducks fans are trying to get the value of the 70 point guy, not the 50 point guy.

How would chance generation not be affected by playing on a team with very bad control stats/offensive stats? Like I’ve said make the pick conditional on rakells stats.... I watch him enough to know who ever gets him if he is moved is going to love him.

That being said I’m not 1 of the fans asking for robertson and a 1st

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009

Try watching him play - maybe then you can have your own opinion.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Outsider, Washington doesn't do that.
I assume it’s based on assumption Washington can’t really afford his next contract.... I don’t think it’s awful from Washington perspective gives them a good player, cheap... ducks could even retain.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
I assume it’s based on assumption Washington can’t really afford his next contract.... I don’t think it’s awful from Washington perspective gives them a good player, cheap... ducks could even retain.

If they can't re-sign him, they could get something a lot better than Rakell as the piece.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
If they can't re-sign him, they could get something a lot better than Rakell as the piece.
They wont get a win now piece better than Rakell

They will get probably a futures package worth more than rakell but the caps have 2 or 3 years left before turning to a rebuild so they probably rather try and maximize Ov and Backstroms final years and go for another cup

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
They wont get a win now piece better than Rakell

They will get probably a futures package worth more than rakell but the caps have 2 or 3 years left before turning to a rebuild so they probably rather try and maximize Ov and Backstroms final years and go for another cup

Vrana is a better win now piece than Rakell

Reactions: Gurglesons

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Vrana is a better win now piece than Rakell
Ya but this is assuming that Vrana makes 6-7M on his next deal and prices himself out.

If they can have Rakell at 5ish vs Vrana at 7ish I dont think the gap is big enough where they should avoid the deal

Ideally the keep Vrana long-term as hes a good young winger. But cap can be tight depending on how much OV gets on his last deal

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
Ya but this is assuming that Vrana makes 6-7M on his next deal and prices himself out.

If they can have Rakell at 5ish vs Vrana at 7ish I dont think the gap is big enough where they should avoid the deal

Ideally the keep Vrana long-term as hes a good young winger. But cap can be tight depending on how much OV gets on his last deal

They may be able to squeeze Vrana as an RFA short term and then sign him to a rich deal once some of their intermediate contracts such as Dillon, Jensen, Panik, Hagelin and Schultz are gone.

If I'm trading Vrana I'd much rather add something substantial to him and get someone like a JT Miller or Couturier back

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Vrana is the only good player on the Caps. Ovie aging and Backy on the way out. Wilson is a suspension issue, so Caps are Vrana's team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad