Confirmed Trade: [ANA/WSH] Christian Djoos for Daniel Sprong

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
booooooo i thought we kept sprong... ovechkin/kovalchuk can mentor him there.

i know nothing about christian djoos

Reactions: Morrison

Ignatius

LET HIM IN TO THE BOX
Apr 28, 2010
Sin Bin
Holy **** Sprong is back in the metro! I would take Djoos every day of the week over Sprong. The Caps just love collecting former Pens.

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
Holy **** Sprong is back in the metro! I would take Djoos every day of the week over Sprong. The Caps just love collecting former Pens.
Djoos has 0 chance of seeing another game in a Caps uniform. Had been passed over on the LD depth chart by Siegenthaler and Fehervary. Plus they have Alexeyev who would pass him soon as well.

SDBondra

Jul 24, 2005
Good opportunity for Djoos to play hopefully. He’s definitely an NHL-caliber defenseman, just a bit undersized and so has trouble controlling the front of the net. He was stuck behind a logjam but there’s a good case for him being in the lineup now. Good luck to him!

Sprong seems like he could give the Caps more speed than Boyd in the 13-14 F spot.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
I expected Jensen to get traded. And a forward surely given we've already had a full forward group and have now added 2 more forwards? Is sprong still an NHL regular? What does he bring?

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Djoos lost out in the numbers game in Washington (and not everyone agrees he should have). Glad to see him get a chance elsewhere, but this is a move with questionable upside for WAS.

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
Djoos is way better than Sprong. He just didn't fit the roster here because we wanted a heavier more physical D core. I think he can be a regular bottom pairing guy and potentially a mid pairing d men.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
Djoos lost out in the numbers game in Washington (and not everyone agrees he should have). Glad to see him get a chance elsewhere, but this is a move with questionable upside for WAS.
seriously, i understand dumping a defensman but why add another forwards unless its a big forward for a package or Djoos + panik or whoever, otherwise why not draft picks? I dont understand addingSprong

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
Sprong can be a useful offensive player, but you gotta live with his defensive lapses. So far the Pens and Ducks weren't willing to do that.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
how is djoos?

sprong has shown flashes of his potential but for some reason the ducks just didn't want to give him a chance at the NHL level

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Dumb move by Caps. Djoos is better than the #5 or #6 D-man. They should have traded Jensen and got a better player.

crab

Jan 26, 2019
Good trade for Anaheim, Djoos should be in the NHL. Sprong is a Hershey acquisition in my opinion.

Reactions: IafrateOvie34

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Really don't like this. Love Djoos who should be an everyday NHL defenseman. Sprong... hopefully he helps Hershey win the Calder? Can't imagine he ever sees the ice in a Caps jersey.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
Really don't like this. Love Djoos who should be an everyday NHL defenseman. Sprong... hopefully he helps Hershey win the Calder? Can't imagine he ever sees the ice in a Caps jersey.

It may just be a favour to Djoos, sort of like the Stephenson deal.

With that said Sprong is only 22 and has some potential, so I would think he gets some games with the Caps.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Good opportunity for Djoos to play hopefully. He’s definitely an NHL-caliber defenseman, just a bit undersized and so has trouble controlling the front of the net. He was stuck behind a logjam but there’s a good case for him being in the lineup now. Good luck to him!

Sprong seems like he could give the Caps more speed than Boyd in the 13-14 F spot.

Good post but Sprong will never see time in D.C. Hershey can't score, Matt Moulson is their leading scorer, Sprong should help a lot, he can't score in the NHL but he has been able to score in the AHL. The Capitals are absolutely overloaded with D prospects. I think Caps GM did Djoos a solid here AND now don't have to pay him next season.

He did what was asked and got a ring and his name on the Cup. Good luck in Anaheim.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00