Proposal: (ANA/TOR) Brandon Montour for Kasperi Kapanen, 2nd round pick in 2019, and f.c.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I'd trade Brett Kulak for Kapanen if you want to get rid of him :sarcasm:

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Leafs are going to have to play Kapanen higher up the lineup if they want to trade him for a top pairing defenseman. Play him in your bottom 6 and he'll be perceived as a bottom 6 player.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Look at Vatanen trade. We traded a Top 4 RHD for a top 6 henrique centerman. Same thing needs to be Pursued via Nylander and Montour. If not no dice.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Anaheim gets ripped off but Montour isn't the guy to play next to Gardiner or against top competition with Rielly. Go broke for Manson instead

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
I'd say the op is looking at the posts and thinking, "pissing contest, mission accomplished".
Another 50-60 pages and the majority will clue in. :laugh:

Reactions: pmwlker

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
"Future considerations" means that ANA gets another asset back. As for when, who or what round is still being finalized. You can't assume that "future considerations" means no other players or picks from TOR. If you get a 3rd or a 4th, a 2nd from TOR, and Kapanen that's pretty good.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
Kapanen is the most overrated prospect on this forum. He's worth a late second at most.

He's worth as much as Baertchi and Goldobin at the time of their trades.
It seems you haven't seen him play much! Lotsa company on these boards in the 'overrated' category. To the Leafs he is worth more than a late second.

Tunapants

May 24, 2012
PHX, AZ
"Future considerations" means that ANA gets another asset back. As for when, who or what round is still being finalized. You can't assume that "future considerations" means no other players or picks from TOR. If you get a 3rd or a 4th, a 2nd from TOR, and Kapanen that's pretty good.
Still trash.

Reactions: 99664987

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Kapanen is the most overrated prospect on this forum. He's worth a late second at most.

He's worth as much as Baertchi and Goldobin at the time of their trades.

And they are trying to trade for A legitimate young Top 4 RHD. Ducks aren’t considering anything outside Nylander. This is typical from leaf fans. We need your piece so let’s trade inadequate pieces that you don’t need. Stubborn leaf fans this is why the bad reputation

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Lol, yes because a 4th rounder is going tip the scales enough. Unless that future consideration is more valuable than the other two pieces, Ducks have no reason to take this deal.

pmwlker

Apr 13, 2018
To TOR
Brandon Montour

To ANA
Kasperi Kapanen
2nd round pick in 2019
Future considerations

Toronto get their top 4 RHD

ANA gets speed and some skill in right wing plus futures.

This proposal is untouchable IMHO.

This proposal is complete shit IMHO. Wow

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Lol, yes because a 4th rounder is going tip the scales enough. Unless that future consideration is more valuable than the other two pieces, Ducks have no reason to take this deal.

No reason? How about the fact that many of your key players are long in the tooth. You need to acquire young / fast players, and you need the acquire draft picks. The West will some day rebound from it's status as the weakest division in the NHL, and ANA soon be a big part of that conversation.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
No reason? How about the fact that many of your key players are long in the tooth. You need to acquire young / fast players, and you need the acquire draft picks. The West will some day rebound from it's status as the weakest division in the NHL, and ANA soon be a big part of that conversation.
Ah, so the obvious solution to older key players losing their firepower is to trade our young top 4 RHD, makes totally sense.

We need a player much better than Kapanen and a bunch of late draft picks aren’t valuable in the slightest. We’re not in a rebuild and never will be.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Ah, so the obvious solution to older key players losing their firepower is to trade our young top 4 RHD, makes totally sense.

We need a player much better than Kapanen and a bunch of late draft picks aren’t valuable in the slightest. We’re not in a rebuild and never will be.

This team will never be in rebuild mode while Getzlaf and perry are on the team. I don’t get how continuously leaf fans propose threads and never get in trouble.

I’ve seen like 25 threads of bad trades from Leaf fans. And never equals value for value. And as soon as you try and salvage a thread like I did with Nylander for Montour. They start bashing em when they wanted em to begin with.:ha::huh::help:

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
To TOR
Brandon Montour

To ANA
Kasperi Kapanen
2nd round pick in 2019
Future considerations

Toronto get their top 4 RHD

ANA gets speed and some skill in right wing plus futures.

This proposal is untouchable IMHO.

If you offer Kapanen to the Ducks as the mainpiece you will get your big shutdown RHD, the former top-5 pick LUKE SCHENN
He knows Toronto, so it should be the perfect match.

If you want Montour it is Nylander, so the day Getzlaf retires, either he or Rakell can maybe replace him at the center.

Reactions: 405Exit

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Is Montour that good?

I feel like I am majorly sleeping on him by these reactions saying Nylander/Marner

Montour was kept over Sami Vatanen who was a legitimate top 4 D at the time for Henrique. So leaf fans want to deal less than what Devils offered for younger faster version RHD? Yes you are truly sleeping on Montour.

Reactions: uncleben

IDuck

Sep 26, 2007
Is Montour that good?

I feel like I am majorly sleeping on him by these reactions saying Nylander/Marner
lol...

and they wonder why?

if leafs want to add a good young dman, its probably going to hurt...NO ONE is looking to do them any favors

Reactions: KaseMeOutside
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad