Proposal: (ANA/TOR) Brandon Montour for Kasperi Kapanen, 2nd round pick in 2019, and f.c.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
To TOR
Brandon Montour

To ANA
Kasperi Kapanen
2nd round pick in 2019
Future considerations

Toronto get their top 4 RHD

ANA gets speed and some skill in right wing plus futures.

This proposal is untouchable IMHO.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Young top 2 RHD for a 23 ish year old 3rd liner that will top out as a decent 2nd liner, plus a 2nd rounder. Thats horrible value for Anaheim.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Only way I'd consider Montour in a deal with Toronto would be for Marner/Nylander. Even then I'd be hesitant because we're not too deep on the right side for defensemen.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
If Anaheim wants to significantly aid the Leafs while getting very little value in return, this is a perfect trade to do it.

Kapanen is a nice piece, as is a 2nd, but Montour is a potential top pairing DMan, already a top 4, and he's only 24... this trade might make sense if Montour was in his 30s and the Ducks were far from contending but even then, it would probably take more.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Anaheim asks if Toronto FO is drunk. Anaheim gets pissed off and blocks the number.

On a serious note Original Poster? Do you not see the needs of the other team? Ducks last need is a winger when the team is icing only two proven NHL centerman this year. The wing position is last priority at this point. Wait till the others chime in you’re gonna get a ear full

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
The Ducks have Perry, Silf, Eaves, and Kase on RW. They have Rakell, Cogliano, and Ritchie on the left. They have Troy Terry and probably Sam Steel ready for the NHL as well.

Can't see them wanting to trade a 24 year old top4 guy for a young winger who is as unproven as Kapanen. Maybe this would have worked two years ago before Montour broke into the league (lolnoitwouldnt), but he had 32 points last year. Kappy needs to score 55p this year before this even begins to make sense.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
I think Montour only goes if the 2nd is on the other side and the player coming from Toronto is Nylander

I accept if it’s Nylander. He can play on our third line center position immediately. Awesome compromise and salvaging the horrible proposal.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
Only way I'd consider Montour in a deal with Toronto would be for Marner/Nylander. Even then I'd be hesitant because we're not too deep on the right side for defensemen.
Crazy in.....Crazy out! Anaheim doesn't have anyone to give up for Marner.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I accept if it’s Nylander. He can play on our third line center position immediately. Awesome compromise and salvaging the horrible proposal.

Of course you would. The purpose of my post was to propose something similar but just as bad for Toronto as the original is for Anaheim.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
You’re not getting a top-4 RHD like Montour for a garbage package like that.

Kapanen is a fine piece, but Leafs fans continue to overrate the **** out of his trade value.

As they do with every player they have.

As we're seeing in this thread with the Leafs fans laughing at the suggestion of Nylander for Montour instead.

As a neutral party who doesn't particularly like either team, I dont think Anaheim would trade a 23 year old Top 4 Dman like Montour for Nylander, the value of a Dman compared to a winger is so substantially different. Montour is a stud.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Of course you would. The purpose of my post was to propose something similar but just as bad for Toronto as the original is for Anaheim.

Top 4 RHD for a top 6 Center? I don’t see the issue. It’s fair value straight up, no one needs to add picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad