Proposal: (ANA/TOR) Blockbuster Starring: Nick Ritchie, Josh Manson, Future Considerations...

Status
Not open for further replies.

imjustzach

May 9, 2018
I doubt any proposal I make to ANA will satisfy. I am shocked, but flying v formation fans are clearly salty about Toskala/Blake trade, Holzer trade, Bernier trade, and now the Tavares signing.

Maybe ANA fans are shocked/angered that I suggest the idea of blowing up the team.

Not sure why you would think we would be upset about any of those trades. We didn't need Jiggy as we had Hiller, Holzer was a perfectly good 7th D, the Bernier trade gave us the backup we needed since we couldn't afford Andersen and Gibson, plus it netted us Steel and Comtois, and we were likely never in on Tavares.

As far as trades with the Leafs, I'd say the Ducks have come out pretty well. We've actually been great trading partners for the past few years. Your proposal just isn't good. Even your own fan base is trying to tell you to stop.

Reactions: Desert Duck

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Wow, that's absolutely awful for Anaheim.

That doesn't even get you Manson, let alone them adding future considerations. I've heard that guy might go PPG this season.
Honest observation. Under Randy Carlyle, any decent defenseman is wasted

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Why not just pick off one of the Ducks blueliners at the deadline when their sellers because they don't have a forward group that is competitive?

Dubas can even squeeze them a bit to have them retain salary to get our 1st.
Jeez, is this just a second account of the OPs? No reason for us to move any of our young defenesmen. Even if we did, why would we retain any for a late 1st? Once again, another Toronto fan believing other teams only exist to help their team.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
To TOR
Nick Ritchie
Josh Mason
Future Considerations

To ANA
Andreas Johnnson
Rasmus Sandin
Jeremy Bracco

Toronto gets a much needed power forward on left wing, and a top 4 RHD.

Anaheim gets a skilled/speedy forward, a smart/skilled RHD prospect, and another RW for organizational depth or to use in a trade.

Toronto wins now.
Anaheim wins tomorrow.

This proposal is 100% mutually beneficial, an offer of peace between the two franchises, and near perfection (untouchable) in terms of a trade proposal.

Haven't seen a proposal this bad in a long, long time. Love that Future Considerations has been included, when the package from Toronto doesn't include anything that gets the Leafs close to Manson alone.

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
I doubt any proposal I make to ANA will satisfy. I am shocked, but flying v formation fans are clearly salty about Toskala/Blake trade, Holzer trade, Bernier trade, and now the Tavares signing.

Maybe ANA fans are shocked/angered that I suggest the idea of blowing up the team.

If by "blowing up the team" you mean "selling off the few valuable players we have for scraps", yes, we are shocked / angered that you're suggesting blowing up the team.

And just about nobody mentioned any of those other trades, so I don't know how you got that idea either. You wanna bring up the Leafs trading up to get Tyler Biggs while we took Rakell and Gibson? Or the pick you gave back to us that we used to pick up Kase? Or (plot twist), that 2011 6th round pick the Leafs traded to us that was used to select Manson?

We don't have a problem with trading off pieces, we have a problem that you're peddling pieces that don't come close to the value. God forbid that we ask for something more substantial than a package of maybes for one of our shutdown pairing members.

And get that garbage about future considerations out of here. I've heard your logic, but future considerations are essentially a nice way of saying "don't expect anything else".

Reactions: Desert Duck

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
Bunch of mediocre assets for quality and most importantly, future considerations.

Same crap from the same guy whose earlier topic was just closed earlier. Sorry to Leafs fans that you have a guy like this.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
I don’t know exactly who you think holds all the value in the package of prospects you are offering. But realistically would you trade Morgan Reilly for that package?

Erndog

Jul 17, 2007
Bunch of mediocre assets for quality and most importantly, future considerations.

Same crap from the same guy whose earlier topic was just closed earlier. Sorry to Leafs fans that you have a guy like this.

I swear I saw the OP posting in a Habs thread indicating he was a Habs fan.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
The logic is air tight. The Ducks days of competing are coming to a close. They need to bolster their prospect pool. Getzlaf, Perry, and Kesler will all break down. This kind of trade occurs always whenever one team is waxing and one team is waning.

Gibson, Lindholm, Fowler, Manson, Montour, Rakell, Kase, Henrique, Silfverberg, Ritchie.

Yeah what a past their prime core. This team is going in the tank.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Rasmus Sandin – NHL Draft Projection

Most of the industry has Sandin anywhere from the late first to early second round.

https://thehockeywriters.com/rasmus-sandin-2018-nhl-draft-prospect-profile/

Again I don't mind the pick and he'd be a key piece in the deal, but my main point was there would have to be an add on the Leafs side with a contributing player.
100% there would need to be an add. It just seemed to me like you were saying Sandin has the value of a 2nd round pick which I don't agree with.

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
Just terrible. As a Leaf fan I sure would like Manson but I'm well aware we'd have to pay a hefty price to pry him from Anaheim.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Another swing and a miss. Easily Op is becoming one of my favourite posters on HF. Takes a lot of balls to double down on dumb.

Before you drive through in your sanctimonious gold plated Rolls Royce do a little research first. Anyone but leaf fan hate this deal because it involves the leafs filling in holes. Why are people so threatened? Dubas is going to find that top 4 whether you like it, or whether I propose things. This deal involves good Leaf prospects and yet Marner might be the only player you'll be satisfied with. Wait until Dubas starts using all the extra goalies we have in the system to round out trade deals. You're going to have a nervous breakdown.

The3rd

Jun 20, 2018
100% there would need to be an add. It just seemed to me like you were saying Sandin has the value of a 2nd round pick which I don't agree with.

No his value would be depending on the team inquiring. I'm sure other teams had him in the top 31 as well.

Reactions: Ziggdiezan

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
Before you drive through in your sanctimonious gold plated Rolls Royce do a little research first. Anyone but leaf fan hate this deal because it involves the leafs filling in holes. Why are people so threatened? Dubas is going to find that top 4 whether you like it, or whether I propose things. This deal involves good Leaf prospects and yet Marner might be the only player you'll be satisfied with. Wait until Dubas starts using all the extra goalies we have in the system to round out trade deals. You're going to have a nervous breakdown.
Becoming so obvious now. That sweet thread lock is coming up soon.

Reactions: DistantThunderRep

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
If by "blowing up the team" you mean "selling off the few valuable players we have for scraps", yes, we are shocked / angered that you're suggesting blowing up the team.

And just about nobody mentioned any of those other trades, so I don't know how you got that idea either. You wanna bring up the Leafs trading up to get Tyler Biggs while we took Rakell and Gibson? Or the pick you gave back to us that we used to pick up Kase? Or (plot twist), that 2011 6th round pick the Leafs traded to us that was used to select Manson?

We don't have a problem with trading off pieces, we have a problem that you're peddling pieces that don't come close to the value. God forbid that we ask for something more substantial than a package of maybes for one of our shutdown pairing members.

And get that garbage about future considerations out of here. I've heard your logic, but future considerations are essentially a nice way of saying "don't expect anything else".

Sandin, Johnsson, and Bracco are not "scraps". Are you a hockey fan? Do you watch the Calder Cup playoffs at all?

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Is this the symptom of extremist leaf fans? The constant being a victim or the sanctimonious belief that no one else knows hockey? If maybe, just maybe, the majority thinks your idea is stupid and only other people with the same bias as you think it's a good idea. Maybe, hold on to your butts for this, you might be wrong. Keep doing what you're doing though, I find it highly amusing and entertaining. Can't wait until your next thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad