Tb 2019 1 draft pick
MIKHAIL SERGACHEV

Tb
ERIK KARLSSON + extension
NICK RITCHIE

What do you think ?

DictatorTots427

Apr 8, 2018
Then they wont be getting Karlsson, who Tampa would hope Sergachev becomes 2/3rds as good as

Ottawa has absolutely no leverage, Karlsson obviously wants out and he's a pending UFA. They're not getting any young stars. They couldn't even get Glass from Vegas. Tampa has tons of good prospects and picks to offer Ottawa instead.

Reactions: AndreRoy

Nico the Draft Riser

Devils, Rams, Hawks, Twins fan
Nov 18, 2017
Ottawa has absolutely no leverage, Karlsson obviously wants out and he's a pending UFA. They're not getting any young stars. They couldn't even get Glass from Vegas. Tampa has tons of good prospects and picks to offer Ottawa instead.
Lol what?

If you think a top 3 dman in the league is not retuning at minimum a young star, idk what to tell you...

DictatorTots427

Apr 8, 2018
Lol what?

If you think a top 3 dman in the league is not retuning at minimum a young star, idk what to tell you...

Did you not read what I said? His value is at an all time low and Ottawa has no leverage whatsoever, since he's a pending UFA who wants out. He can get a great package obviously but Sense fans will be disappointed with the return imo.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
anaheim isnt getting tyler johnson for a late 1st and nick ritchie

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Johnson has a NTC which just came through so he controls wherever he goes. That’s if he wants to leave

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
Ana
TYLER JOHNSON

Ott
Ana 2019 1 draft pick
Tb 2019 1 draft pick
MIKHAIL SERGACHEV

Tb
ERIK KARLSSON + extension
NICK RITCHIE

What do you think ?

I think that ANA should not be trading 1st round picks.

Steeler23

Aug 10, 2004

They have. It's call "trading Karlsson to another team if you don't met their demands".

Maybe Vegas didn't want to trade Glass, but it's more about the fact that they don't have a big prospect pool, and they're probably not banking on being a Stanley Cup Finalist each year so they don't want to risk too much.

Tampa on the other side want to win the cup right now, they want to be the best team for the next couple of seasons. They can sacrifice a player like Sergachev if it's for the best (or one of the best) D-man in the league. Not ideal, but it's a trade in the same division, Tampa will need to offer even more then Vegas.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Not ideal, but it's a trade in the same division, Tampa will need to offer even more then Vegas.
Why do people think this is such a factor ? Ottawa isn't competing any time soon so why the f*** do they care if someone in their division gets better ?

Reactions: Flyerfan52

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Then they wont be getting Karlsson, who Tampa would hope Sergachev becomes 2/3rds as good as

We can’t afford Karlsson’s cap hit; we can afford Sergachev’s, and Karlsson will be declining soon (if he isn’t already) while Serg will be getting better and will still be playing long after Karlsson is gone. I’ll stick with Serg.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
They have. It's call "trading Karlsson to another team if you don't met their demands".

Maybe Vegas didn't want to trade Glass, but it's more about the fact that they don't have a big prospect pool, and they're probably not banking on being a Stanley Cup Finalist each year so they don't want to risk too much.

Tampa on the other side want to win the cup right now, they want to be the best team for the next couple of seasons. They can sacrifice a player like Sergachev if it's for the best (or one of the best) D-man in the league. Not ideal, but it's a trade in the same division, Tampa will need to offer even more then Vegas.
Thank you,some of these fans think we are just going to give him away in July....We have him signed through next season,and can be traded later at the TDL for about the same range as some of their offers...Who knows maybe EK goes on a run with another team other than TB and resigns there

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
anaheim isnt getting tyler johnson for a late 1st and nick ritchie

Late 1st? I wouldn't be so sure of that. I doubt we end up with a top ten pick, but I don't think people understand just how much Anaheim's last season came down to Gibson and Miller. There's no guarantee that they'll do the same.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Did you not read what I said? His value is at an all time low and Ottawa has no leverage whatsoever, since he's a pending UFA who wants out. He can get a great package obviously but Sense fans will be disappointed with the return imo.
You don't understand what leverage is.

If more than 1 team is interested then it's wrong and ridiculous to say that Ottawa has "no leverage whatsoever".

That's not how it works.

Reactions: go4hockey

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland

You do realize that the teams that are on Karlsson are fighting against each other for the same prize, not just trying to take advantage of the Sens miserable situation? Dorion might be weak but the offer good enough to get Karlsson has to be better than the offers from other teams.

Reactions: go4hockey

klassic

Jul 30, 2014
...Karlsson will be declining soon (if he isn’t already) while Serg will be getting better and will still be playing long after Karlsson is gone.
EK is 28 years old, he is in his prime and will be for several year.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad