Confirmed Trade: [ANA/PIT] Erik Gudbranson for Andreas Martinsen and 2021 7th round pick

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Gud was brought in because of Wilson. Does that mean JR has thrown out the idea of giving a crap about Wilson? are we going back to speed and skill and get younger more? I needs ta know!

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I think people should also know that Gudbranson was good for the Penguins last year and okay for the Penguins this year. Sure, he was a cluster**** for Vancouver, but I don't think that's his normal play level. I think he'll give the Ducks similar to what he did this year with the Penguins, which is an alright bottom pair D.

I think he played a quiet and steady game for the Penguins. Didn't really do much to stand out, but he didn't do much to make you think "what the **** is this guy doing?". The most disappointing thing I had with Gudbranson is how he never used the physicality/toughness that he was supposedly bringing.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
Wow, I know Guds has a horrible rep here but I thought he had been decent in Pittsburgh and they literally got back a couple pieces of lint from a pocket. Has been back to being horrible?

Yeah he went back to bad Guddy.

But he was never Vancouver Guddy bad here.

Last edited:

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
I think people should also know that Gudbranson was good for the Penguins last year and okay for the Penguins this year. Sure, he was a cluster**** for Vancouver, but I don't think that's his normal play level. I think he'll give the Ducks similar to what he did this year with the Penguins, which is an alright bottom pair D.

I think he played a quiet and steady game for the Penguins. Didn't really do much to stand out, but he didn't do much to make you think "what the **** is this guy doing?". The most disappointing thing I had with Gudbranson is how he never used the physicality/toughness that he was supposedly bringing.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who saw this

ijuka

May 14, 2016
How did Pens get positive value for this guy?

Awful trade by Ducks. It's too bad, I thought Penguins finally had suffered a significant blow but Ducks just bail them out. All the more reason to hate Ducks, as if I didn't already. The silver lining is, at least Ducks will suffer themselves.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
sbisa was acquired and waived to the ahl to stablize a bad situation with the gulls.

so is gudbranson maybe going to be waived to the ahl?

in which case will the jets claim him?

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Eh sounds good to me.... but i still think we need to make another move for a dmen

Lindholm Guds
Guhle Fowler
Larsson MDZ/Holzer

If manson is out long term id like to see us get another dmen to play with Lindholm over guds and let guds play on bottom pairing with Larsson .

Ummmm I think you f***ed up when you put Gudbranson on the top pair, unless your AHL team has dman with the same surnames that your NHL team has. Even then, you might have placed him too high.

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
How did Pens get positive value for this guy?

Awful trade by Ducks. It's too bad, I thought Penguins finally had suffered a significant blow but Ducks just bail them out. All the more reason to hate Ducks, as if I didn't already. The silver lining is, at least Ducks will suffer themselves.
if anything, trades like this make me happy that it upsets the Pens haters

ijuka

May 14, 2016

Okay for Penguins this year? Stats point to him having been one of the very worst D in NHL, that's "Okay"? Sheesh. It's amazing how Gudbranson apologists still exist.
if anything, trades like this make me happy that it upsets the Pens haters
Well that tends to be the dynamic, yes.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014

They dealt him because JJ is impossible to trade without giving up a 1st rounder.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Okay for Penguins this year? Stats point to him having been one of the very worst D in NHL, that's "Okay"? Sheesh. It's amazing how Gudbranson apologists still exist.

What are these stats? His xGF% is a shade over 50% at 50.11%. Even his CF% isn't bad at 48.3%. Where are these stats that say he has been horrible this year?

Reactions: domaug

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Eh sounds good to me.... but i still think we need to make another move for a dmen

Lindholm Guds
Guhle Fowler
Larsson MDZ/Holzer

If manson is out long term id like to see us get another dmen to play with Lindholm over guds and let guds play on bottom pairing with Larsson .
I can't wait to see your reaction if he actually does play on the top pairing with Lindholm!!

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Ummmm I think you ****ed up when you put Gudbranson on the top pair, unless your AHL team has dman with the same surnames that your NHL team has. Even then, you might have placed him too high.
Eh our options were Holzer MDZ or Guds… Lindholm can make eh players into acceptable players... just temporary.

But its been brought to my attention that Larsson occasionally plays on the right side so well more likely go
Lindholm Larson
Guhle Fowler
MDZ Guds

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad