Confirmed Trade: [ANA/PIT] Erik Gudbranson for Andreas Martinsen and 2021 7th round pick

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Wow, I know Guds has a horrible rep here but I thought he had been decent in Pittsburgh and they literally got back a couple pieces of lint from a pocket. Has been back to being horrible?

He was pretty decent for the Penguins, but they have so many defenseman and they had to move one of them out. It's a good job by the Penguins to not take any long-term cap back in exchange for Gudbranson, I don't care about the return if it means they're not taking money back.

Mathew Barzal

Walk It Like I Tocchet
Jun 5, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Eh sounds good to me.... but i still think we need to make another move for a dmen

Lindholm Guds
Guhle Fowler
Larsson MDZ/Holzer

If manson is out long term id like to see us get another dmen to play with Lindholm over guds and let guds play on bottom pairing with Larsson .

You're going to put him on your first pairing? Can't wait till the Canucks play you guys!

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I think both Ducks fans and Penguins fans are happy with this deal. Penguins fans just wanted to get rid of Gudbranson's contract without taking any long-term cap back, and I think Ducks fans were willing to pay more than this for Gudbranson. I also think Gudbranson really fits the style of play Anaheim has. Overall, good deal for both sides IMO. What makes me happy with this deal is that the defense comes together a lot nicer on paper without Gudbranson:

Dumoulin-Letang
Pettersson-Schultz
Johnson-Marino
Riikola-Ruhwedel

That's just so much better, with a LH-RH shot on each pair.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
Timing is everything. Penguins found a team desperate enough to value Erik Gudbranson enough to take him on when he has another year left at $4M cap hit that they were able to jettison him and give themselves some cap flexibility.

We've seen the cost of moving cap space and how expensive it can be, Penguins got lucky and found a desperate partner.

Reactions: TooManyHumans

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
Why do teams keep willingly trading for Erik Gudbrandson?
why do Canucks fans keep insisting he was this horrendous player while he was with the Pens?

he's overpaid, absolutely, but in the Pens system i would've rather kept him over Jack Johnson. that's assuming they could've only moved one of them which i hope isn't the case.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad