Confirmed Trade: [ANA/NJD] Vatanen & conditional 3rd for Henrique, Blandisi & a 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Vatanen hasnt played well this season or last but we think it's because of injury. I'll miss the guy and hope he gets right in Jersey and is successful.

Great personality too, fans will like him a lot.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I didn't read the prefix and thought this was a proposal and I was confused at the replies lol. Helps out the Ducks with their current injury situation, is Grant still the 1C? Henrique is better suited for the wing but can still fill in at C. Good trade for the Devils though.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Where does that put vatanen on the PP in NJD?

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I`m surprised by this move - Duck actually need 3rd line centers? :)

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Here's the picture:

Last season, us NJD fans were all over Henrique for his lack of compete and lack of consistency. There was a particular game where he made a lazy and ill advised change in overtime against the Oilers allowing McDavid to end the game immediately. We wanted him gone then. Let's be honest, his crowning achievement for the Devils was that goal against the Rangers which is over 5 years ago at this point. At the end of the season, Shero made comments about addressing players face to face about their lack of fire and compete level. We all assumed he was talking about Henrique at that time too.

Fast forward to this year and he's been very inconsistent and was getting moved down to the third and fourth lines.

It's still a tough trade because he's a great guy...... well liked by everyone. He has a great personality.

This absolutely addresses a need for the Devils.

Reactions: liquid1988

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
I`m surprised by this move - Duck actually need centers? :)

Fixed that for you. :sarcasm:

I've been a proponent of Vatanen for Henrique+ for a while. I liked Henrique especially during that Cup Final run (I watched his OT goal against the Rangers and flipped out), and I think he could do with a change of scenery too.

More interested in what's happening to Blandisi? I'm surprised he's been relegated to throw-in status.

Reactions: Ori

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Vatanen has been real bad lately and struggles last season but he has been injured. When on his game and healthy he's a difference maker. He plays much bigger than his size too (maybe the reason for injuries)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad