Confirmed Signing with Link: [ANA] Mason Raymond (1 Year, $675k)

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
What a frustrating player!
Had some decent years in Vancouver and then really regressed. Had great speed but played on the perimeter.
His 'go to' move was speeding down the left wing and then curling back and either falling down or taking himself out of the play.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Two comments.

1. I read way back when that the Ducks wanted "speed"...so...I guess this is it. Legitimate lol

2. Perron out Raymond in. Wow. Heck of an off season.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Perhaps someone with more cap knowledge can explain to me why they didn't just contact Calgary about a 50% retention and future considerations? Maybe they signed him for less than 50% of his previous contract?

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
Now, this is a practical deal. I think Raymond's still got enough game left to allow him to add value to the Ducks.

Batrous

May 4, 2016
A good signing by the ducks. It seems like with some players they just play better when they are having to resign every year. Hopefully he has a good year in Anaheim.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
This is probably Raymond's last chance or he'll be Europe bound. A low risk move with fairly low upside as well, IMO. He didn't look like he had much left in Calgary but who knows if he could have a bit of a rebound in Annaheim and at least be a useful extra player.

Last edited:

FlamesFan18

Frank the Tank
Feb 26, 2010
Calgary
Not sure why people are mad about this. Ducks either get 10-15 goals out of a speedy bottom liner or he can tear it up in the AHL.

The worst part of this signing is this is the only NHL signing of the day... and Raymond isnt even a lock to play in the NHL this season lol. Still quite a few better options available but its dead silent.

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
2 way contract, now this is a completely different story. Good contract in that case. He either rebounds or crushes it on your AHL team

KeninsFan

Fire Benning already
Feb 6, 2012
Not sure why people are mad about this. Ducks either get 10-15 goals out of a speedy bottom liner or he can tear it up in the AHL.

The worst part of this signing is this is the only NHL signing of the day... and Raymond isnt even a lock to play in the NHL this season lol. Still quite a few better options available but its dead silent.

Or the coach sticks Raymond with Kesler and Kesler literally in a fit of rage demands a trade.

Seriously Carlyle don't even think of MayRay-Kesler as the 2nd line.

ForSpareParts*

"Dude, trade him at the deadline for a 2nd round pick!"

- Leafs Fan

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
I'm really surprised by this. I thought he was done in the NHL. The 2-way deal gives the ducks an out and I fully expect him to be on waiver and in the A before seasons out. I have nothing against him, just I feel he's not an NHL level talent. Hopefully he gets new skates this year, never seen a player spend more time falling down than skating.

LeafsNation149

Feb 4, 2013
Carlyle LOVES Raymond. The problem with Raymond is he makes everyone around him worse while everyone else just tries to carry him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad