Confirmed Signing with Link: [ANA] Mason Raymond (1 Year, $675k)

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
lol at people acting like he's going to ruin their team with a cheap 1 year deal.

Barilko14

Jul 5, 2006
Renfrew, ON
Certiainly hope not lol

We have 14 forwards under contract right now too...

Im thinking its Toronto..

I would guess again, think Leafs are alright on the left side without adding Raymond.

JVR, Komarov, Michalek, Martin, Greening, Holland, Leivo, Rychel and possibly Laich.

If anything Leafs have to dump a couple of Michalek, Greening, Holland.

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
It actually is probably Anaheim that he's gonna sign with...we can't give out any big contracts while we're still hammering out a deal with Lindholm and Rakell.

Saves us from calling up Sgarbossa, at least.

qwerty

Feb 4, 2007
Calgary
Whichever team ends up signing him, they should be prepared to be very disappointed by his overrated speed and awful hockey sense. He can scoremin bunches but his boneheaded plays put him in the dog house game after game until he was deemed not good enough to be on the roster.

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
Player I had in the dog house for the longest stretch of my watching career.

Like 4 years straight I think.

May work in Anaheim because he needs to be thinking he's playing for something I think. Has skill but man does he fall down easy, and in today's NHL that's just bad.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
1 year @ league minimum would be a good low-risk, medium-reward signing. The guy could very well score 15-20 goals again, he's just incredibly soft and gets bullied off the puck too easily/falls over after he crosses the blue line and button hooks.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Not the guy I'd want to rely upon as a regular top 6, but he does have the ability to play up and down the lineup and sub in for the top 6 during injuries. People underestimate how few players actually can play a top 6 role when they need to.

He's also far from a complete player, but has many high end attributes. The issue with him on the Flames is that the Flames were soft up front to begin with. So adding in Raymond was not helpful.

GAT0R

Jul 16, 2014
Raymond is good at everything until he gets into the offensive zone. 95% of the time he carries the puck in he'll fall down in the corner or half-boards. He never improved which is too bad because he could've been a really good player.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Whoever signs him.. don't sign him to a multi-year contract. One. Year. Only.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad