Friedman: ANA - Leafs Montour

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Uh, pretty sure the quote is from Dubas.

Pretty sure Dubas isn't going to tell Friedman who he's targeting lmao.

Does anyone know the last time Friedman got an honest scoop? Not Friedman confirming something obvious that another insider called hours/days prior, but an honest to goodness piece of verifiable legitimate information that no one else had leaked yet.

All he does is pass on hearsay from "sources/scouts" and share his vague baseless "thoughts".

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
leafs need a guy that isn't awful in his own end. they would be looking at Manson IMHO. but even he has taken a step back. the ducks D in general has been horribad. poor gibson

not great trading partners unless they take zaitsev

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Montour would be a crazy add for the Leafs.

Dunno how they plan on dealing with that ol' thing we call the Salary cap though.

Isnt Montour from Toronto area(might be wrong), RFA and basically the 1 position Toronto needs to invest more money in. I imagine you let gardiner walk... hope Zaitsev has a good end of season/playoffs then potentially look to trade him while values high and go from there.

Eventually I think nylander will be moved(a year or 2 down the line), and the cap going up, I actually don't think Toronto is in much trouble for a couple more years.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Isnt Montour from Toronto area(might be wrong), RFA and basically the 1 position Toronto needs to invest more money in. I imagine you let gardiner walk... hope Zaitsev has a good end of season/playoffs then potentially look to trade him while values high and go from there.

Eventually I think nylander will be moved(a year or 2 down the line), and the cap going up, I actually don't think Toronto is in much trouble for a couple more years.

no, but he's from southern ontario.

However money would have to be going back in a deal. Kapanen or Johnsson isn't enough.

Think Kadri, or Brown + Kapanen etc (though the leafs can't lose 2 forwards at the moment)

Reactions: Getz2perry

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
no, but he's from southern ontario.

However money would have to be going back in a deal. Kapanen or Johnsson isn't enough.

Think Kadri, or Brown + Kapanen etc (though the leafs can't lose 2 forwards at the moment)
I wonder if potentially

Silf + Montour
for
whatever

silf contract expiring, can fill in a wing for the rest of the season until bracco is ready next year(I imagine). Granted that's a big investment, for this year... could hurt a bit down the line.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010

Curious what value your put on Montour then..

Dubas has flat out said multiple times that Sandin, Liljeren and 2020 1st are off the table completely.

Zaitsev would have to go due to cap space.

So Zaitsev, Bracco, 2020 2nd, and something else? For Montour and 6th or something?

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
lol. with what? all leafs fans are adamant they don't want to move nylander/kapanen. you ain't getting him with johnsson.

Might be one of those trades you're happy you don't make anyway. Our LW position is pretty bad right now and Johnsson is our best.

Reactions: DelusionalLeafsFan

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

Dubas has flat out said multiple times that Sandin, Liljeren and 2020 1st are off the table completely.

So Zaitsev, Bracco, 2020 2nd, and something else? For Montour and 6th or something?
Its really tough tbh... I imagine the reason you guys got muzzin in the first place was the RHD market was too expensive.

Out of curiosity, wasn't dubas quote based on rentals? Montour is signed another year, and still a RFA after that. That being said Montour never seemed to click with BM/RC... so maybe BM wants to go a diff route... personally from a ducks perspective id say Lindholm > Montour > Manson > fowler... as far as which of the 4 we should trade.

Reactions: Spazkat

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014

Has to be either Zaitsev, Marleau or Kadri, assuming Nylander is off the table.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
I wonder if potentially

Silf + Montour
for
whatever

silf contract expiring, can fill in a wing for the rest of the season until bracco is ready next year(I imagine). Granted that's a big investment, for this year... could hurt a bit down the line.

if it's both, Kadri for that package could make sense

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Ive always wanted to see Montour dealt to the Leafs.. I think he would be deadly in TO.

This is one deal i pray happens

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015

It's pretty common knowledge that BM turned down Maatta + for Montour. Not sure why he'd suddenly cave and take a much worse player in Zaitzev

Reactions: Cardiac_Canes

Cotton

May 13, 2013

Pretty sure this was from the pre-game, Dave Amber was asking Friedman and Kypreos where they think players on the trade block would be a best fit.

At the end Amber asked them to make a guess for the Leafs on someone they could get, an out of knowhere possibility. Kypreos said Cody Ceci, Friedman said Montour.

There are no legs on any of this.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Toronto isn't landing him without giving up a significant piece like a Nylander/Kapanen, so there's really nothing to see here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad