PTO: [ANA] F Zack Kassian signs PTO with the Ducks (released)

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
Have to disagree here. Losing to the toughest new kid on the block isn’t a career death sentence. And tuned up by Kostin? When? Kassian dragged him to the ice, got on top, and fed Kostin a big one before the refs stepped in. Maybe you thought kassian gettin nicked on the nose meant he got tuned? Idk man.
After MacEwen drove Kassian's head into the ice in 2021, it hasn't taken much for him to look like he's been concussed again. He shouldn't be fighting anymore.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

OddManRush

Mar 22, 2022
After MacEwen drove Kassian's head into the ice in 2021, it hasn't taken much for him to look like he's been concussed again. He shouldn't be fighting anymore.
Has he been diagnosed with a concussion since that incident in Oct 2021?

Last edited:

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
Has he been diagnosed with a concussion since that incident in Oct 2021?
Not sure. There was at least one incident after that where he missed games with a head injury. A few more where he was noticeably in bad shape after seemingly light (relatively speaking) contact, but I can't recall if he missed time for those or had an official diagnosis released for any of those incidents.

Reactions: harv33173

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
He’ll always have a soft spot in my heart for reminding me how delusional annd obnoxious Oiler fans are.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
Lmfao I’m watching tsn ( the college football game right now) the ticker shows “ the oilers have signed Zach Kassian to a pto”

Attachments

• IMG_3582.png
    IMG_3582.png
    747.2 KB · Views: 4

Burkeocet

Nov 2, 2019
I feel like a good chunk of his decline may be mental but he’s got some wear and tear for sure. Maybe a good off-season and a new chance will make him an NHL player again. He’s too skilled to play as badly as he did in Arizona for sure. He should be a solid bottom 6 grinder with a little bit of scoring upside as he traditionally was. If he can regain some form, this is good for the ducks.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
What happened to his hair? He was trending that way for a while now...but now it's just completely gone?

Props to him for realizing that and just embracing it.

But also, what a terrible useless hockey player.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Kassian isn’t the player you think he’s gonna be. He got into a fight early on in the year, broke his hand and literally didn’t do a mother f***ing thing in a single game he played the rest of the year. I’d be surprised if he isn’t among one of the first cuts in Anaheim

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Kassian isn’t the player you think he’s gonna be. He got into a fight early on in the year, broke his hand and literally didn’t do a mother f***ing thing in a single game he played the rest of the year. I’d be surprised if he isn’t among one of the first cuts in Anaheim
Most Ducks fans don't expect him to be signed

Reactions: Yemeth

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011

Similar to his last year in Edmonton. Or was it last two years? MacEwan concussed him with a takedown and Kassian has been tentative and injury prone in his enforcing duties ever since.

Reactions: moosemeister

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
He's made $20 million in his career and has a family now. Probably thinking about living a normal life after his career at this point.

The role that he has been slotted into in the NHL loses its luster after a while for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad