PTO: [ANA] F Zack Kassian signs PTO with the Ducks (released)

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Wouldn't be surprised if he got a 1 year, league min for some toughness on the team as the Ducks quality prospect pool will start coming into the NHL and so people don't target Zegras,well maybe as much
Kassian has went downhill. He rarely fights and when he does he loses. Further to that, the guy wasn't even hitting last year. Then add in the amount of dumb penalties he takes and I just don't see the point.

I loved him on the Oilers. Was a great story, but he really went downhill fast

Rec T

Jun 1, 2007
NKY
I would have been much more interested in this a few years ago, now I'm just mildly intrigued.

Zegras (and all the upcoming kids) does need someone around who will at least give the illusion of being willing to go punch faces as needed.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Kassian has went downhill. He rarely fights and when he does he loses. Further to that, the guy wasn't even hitting last year. Then add in the amount of dumb penalties he takes and I just don't see the point.

I loved him on the Oilers. Was a great story, but he really went downhill fast
To be fair I think the last game I recall watching of his was when Xhekaj beat him down, but he was fairly useful in Edmonton, so that's what I was basing it off of.

If he's that useless might be better to just hold off and hope you get someone else through waivers who's kinda tough.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Wouldn't be surprised if he got a 1 year, league min for some toughness on the team as the Ducks quality prospect pool will start coming into the NHL and so people don't target Zegras,well maybe as much
Kassian absolutely cannot and should not be fighting anymore. Xhekaj hurt him pretty bad and then when he came back he got tuned up by Kostin.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
To be fair I think the last game I recall watching of his was when Xhekaj beat him down, but he was fairly useful in Edmonton, so that's what I was basing it off of.

If he's that useless might be better to just hold off and hope you get someone else through waivers who's kinda tough.
He went downhill his last year here. Think he had a kid and his game started to go downhill. Unfortunate as he really turned his life around and became a bit of a fan favourite

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

OddManRush

Mar 22, 2022
Kassian absolutely cannot and should not be fighting anymore. Xhekaj hurt him pretty bad and then when he came back he got tuned up by Kostin.
Have to disagree here. Losing to the toughest new kid on the block isn’t a career death sentence. And tuned up by Kostin? When? Kassian dragged him to the ice, got on top, and fed Kostin a big one before the refs stepped in. Maybe you thought kassian gettin nicked on the nose meant he got tuned? Idk man.

• Wow
Reactions: Kaizen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad