PTO: [ANA] F Zack Kassian signs PTO with the Ducks (released)

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
If he wants to extend his career he'll need to do some soul searching. I for one would be surprised to see him as a NHL regular next season.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
If he comes into camp healthy and in good physical condition there's a chance as Anaheim is super soft today and need to protect the youth. Soft soft Ducks team desperate for some muscle.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
The only coyotes player last season with a poor work ethic on the ice. Only one with bad body language too. Seemed like the odd man out from a buy-in perspective. It was a bad team but they seemed to work hard and have the right attitudes about the situation. Apart from Kassian. He looked like a big, soft, disinterested mope to me. But I’m not in the room or on the bench so I don’t really know. Just my own suspicion/speculation.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
The only coyotes player last season with a poor work ethic on the ice. Only one with bad body language too. Seemed like the odd man out from a buy-in perspective. It was a bad team but they seemed to work hard and have the right attitudes about the situation. Apart from Kassian. He looked like a big, soft, disinterested mope to me. But I’m not in the room or on the bench so I don’t really know. Just my own suspicion/speculation.
He really wasn't much different than that for most of his Oilers career, save for a couple games in a playoff series years ago. Oilers fans love to lionize their lunkheads.

Bandit34

Jul 23, 2007
HFBoards
Appeared checked out last year with Arizona.

Maybe the buyout woke him up. He could surprise management in camp by embracing the enforcer role. The role is not as demanding as when he entered the league.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
What's the purpose of this. Is he going to give scared straight speeches to the younger players in the locker room

See kids... If you party instead of practicing.... This is what you become.

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton
I'm surprised.

I thought he'd be finished with hockey after his last contract expired. He certainly played that way these last few years.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
What's the purpose of this.
To be a warm body to dress for preseason games. It's doubtful he earns a contract, though this is probably his last shot at it so maybe he'll come out dialed in and impressive enough to earn one here or somewhere else I guess

Reactions: lwvs84

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
To be a warm body to dress for preseason games. It's doubtful he earns a contract, though this is probably his last shot at it so maybe he'll come out dialed in and impressive enough to earn one here or somewhere else I guess
Not to mention it's free access to professional level training and medical. It's probably worth it just from a health standpoint even if he's done with hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad