Confirmed with Link: [ANA/EDM] Joel Persson for 2022 conditional 7th round pick and Angus Redmond

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Persson was decent.

Good decision-maker, solid outlet pass and flashed some skill in the offensive end, but unfortunately he's not a very good skater and he would get tossed around in physical battles.

Not sure there's a longterm NHLer there, but he could probably play some NHL minutes for you.

Reactions: Mallard

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Murray loves their blonde flow... just like he likes the apparently pretty boy Axel. Whos probably gonna get his face punched in by MacDermid. Then Murray will trade him since he will be ugly.
We get it. You're upset. But there's no need to go crap all over 7 different threads with comments a 10 year old would make.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
You guys will like him if Eakins can stomach giving him minutes.

He's got good mobility and offensive instincts. Was our best puck mover when he was up. Tipp hated him, too soft and didn't battle for the line / space / puck position enough.

Given how starved y'all are for RD I could see him thriving. That being said I could also see Eakins dressing him once and deciding he never will see another minute. He definitely needs a guy to help him break a cycle; he's hopeless on the boards.

But I think he has Krug like potential if he can increase his battle level.

He made the team out of camp. Impressed at times, didn't at others. He got scratched for Manning and Tipp said he was happy with the increased battle from the blueline and he's never been in the conversation since. I think there is a player there if he wants it, though. Good move by you guys, classy by Holland to give him another look with another club.

Last edited:

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
he is good for what he does and as long as you do not ask him to do more you will be fine.

PP guy who is not good in his own zone.

Ducks are not in a win now situation, unlike the oilers, so they have a body on the ice till they get someone better

Just have some pepto ready for when his is on the ice for some of his passes--he will do open ice passes that will get picked off 50% of the time

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
The scouting reports sound somewhat promising. Hopefully we can ease him in with some sheltered third pairing minutes and time on one of the second PP units.

If only he could help our forwards bring better net front presences and one timing ability on the PP also.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
I didn't realize Redmond had been playing in Newfoundland, can't get much further from Anaheim than that and still be in North America.

Probably one of our worst NCAA UFA signings. Gave him 3 years and couldn't even manage the ECHL... and we have been better than average in goalie evaluations.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
and just like that he gone

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad