Confirmed with Link: [ANA/COL] Ben Meyers for 2024 5th round pick

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Played half the year for the Avs last year, that's a better resume than Tracey might ever have tbh.

Yeah I just don't see the carrying tool that would get Tracey that sort of extended opportunity on an energy/checking line. Maybe he'll add some man strength in his mid 20s and figure out how to play a heavier style, otherwise he's not an overly prolific AHL scorer, nor fit for a checking role.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Yeah I just don't see the carrying tool that would get Tracey that sort of extended opportunity on an energy/checking line. Maybe he'll add some man strength in his mid 20s and figure out how to play a heavier style, otherwise he's not an overly prolific AHL scorer, nor fit for a checking role.

That's what Tracey started doing last season. He took on the role of being the pest last year. I think he was playing center sometimes last season as well. This year, he's been stapled as a LW and RW on the 3rd line with Gaucher. I just think he's not being put in the best position to succeed as a scorer under the Verbeek regime.

AHL
D+2 (Murray): 12 games, 0g + 0a = 0 pts (0.00 ppg), -2 rating
D+3 (Murray): 55 games, 11g + 20a = 31 pts (0.56 ppg), -1 rating
D+4 (Verbeek): 62 games, 10g + 18a = 28 pts (0.45 ppg), -17 rating
D+5 (Verbeek): 42 games, 8g + 12a = 20 pts (0.47 ppg), +1 rating

Maybe the Verbeek regime thinks Tracey needs to add more mass to play in the top-6 and is being sheltered in a 3rd line role with big rookie Gaucher, but Gaucher lacks offensive skill as a center.

Groulx' first year in the AHL: 42 games, 10g + 19a = 29 points (Covid season)
Gaucher's first year in the AHL: 52 games, 6g + 11a = 18 pts (season still in progress)

For Tracey's sake, let's hope that late bloomer potential still exists.

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

gilfaizon

Mar 28, 2012
PEI
So apparently this guy will become a UFA at seasons end. Thats quite a price to pay for a UFA so I wonder if PV will look into an extension.

Emerald Duck

Dec 9, 2009
Arrowhead Pond of Anaheim, CA
So apparently this guy will become a UFA at seasons end. Thats quite a price to pay for a UFA so I wonder if PV will look into an extension.
Meyers is a career AHLer so far. At 25 he's probably just looking to continue his career somewhere. PV may offer him a two way deal in the offseason if he shows some promise here in the last month of the season.

gilfaizon

Mar 28, 2012
PEI
Meyers is a career AHLer so far. At 25 he's probably just looking to continue his career somewhere. PV may offer him a two way deal in the offseason if he shows some promise here in the last month of the season.

That further proves what im saying. We paid a 5th round pick for that. My point is more that even if they see something in him and he plays great, he could also just walk himself to UFA where he can take the highest bidder.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Maybe acquiring Meyers was to boost our AHL team to close this season and for next season or two. We need more talent in San Diego b/c we've been languishing at the bottom for the past two seasons. We would probably be last in the Pacific if it were not for Suchanek.

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017
A well earned healthy scratch. If this trade was done with Cronin’s approval/recommendation, yet another reason to be concerned about Cronin.
There are reasons to be concerned about Cronin but giving up a 5th round pick to take a chance on a player that a coach has history with has to be the absolutely lowest on the list

Reactions: Yemeth and JAHV

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad