Confirmed with Link: [ANA/COL] Ben Meyers for 2024 5th round pick

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
25 year old forward with good AHL numbers. He played with LaCombe and McLaughlin at Minnesota.

Quick read of scouting report sounds a bit like an older version of what they just acquired in Mysak. Most notable trait is energy and tenacity, otherwise will be a borderline talent for the NHL.

Stands to reason that heart/grit/effort/urgency and pace of play are traits that Verbeek wants from our depth players. Seems to be making a point of trying to add those types of guys to the org.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
This trade scares me . Could be an indication won’t be getting back one of our young C’s for awhile.

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
Meh, we really shouldn’t be adding players but maybe there is a little upside with this one.

The upside is that he's a human being with a working lower half of his body. The Ducks are running short of those lately. I have no problem giving up 5th round or later picks for guys who we need to plug holes or if there's a guy we want to roll the dice on.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Not sure why we would send a pick for this guy, wouldn’t he be waiver eligible? A 5th is an overpay for this type, couldn’t we have sent them Gage Alexander, lol?

Maybe Cronin is familiar or asked for him. One of those “character” or “intangibles” types. I just hope it’s not another Mayhew.

Anyhow here is that rando trade that we normally get.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
The upside is that he's a human being with a working lower half of his body. The Ducks are running short of those lately. I have no problem giving up 5th round or later picks for guys who we need to plug holes or if there's a guy we want to roll the dice on.
I was hoping to see some more Gulls like Nester and even Tracey, rather than sending out a draft pick for a roster filler.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
We don't want to be handing out NHL time to prospects who haven't earned it yet, and have all these injuries. I'm fine with handing out late picks all day for NHL capable guys, as long as there's at least some upside of course
Exactly a 5th round pick if we are lucky would’ve turned into a chase de Leo permanent gull. This kid is reporting to Anaheim today, he is seen as someone that deserves a cup of coffee in the nhl. Tracey all these non verbeek guys, have had plenty of opportunity. They aren’t getting it done.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad