GDT: Ana (7-1-1) @ Texas Guys (5-5-1): Battle of the Greybeards

Status
Not open for further replies.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
To be fair, Getzlaf is on pace for a 25 goal season in an 82 game season, and on pace for 14 goals in a 48 game schedule, pretty much his usual pace, and in terms of points he's basically at a PPG right now, I wish Ducks had a top line LW to put there right now so the Perry issue wasn't as big, Etem has looked decent, but he isn't putting up points there

Perry is snake-bit on that top line right now, the top line should really explode when(if) Perry gets going.

Fallenity

Apr 12, 2011
Perry's play always negatively correlates with the amount of penalty minutes he takes. Focus beating them on the scoreboard, not with his fists.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
So how we looked? Didn`t saw the game.

What`s with Staubitz? What did he do? How`s Lovejoy? Any standouts?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

Honestly lovejoy was prob the biggest standout, bonino also played a very good game.
^that basically is how lovejoy did, i was very impressed, good at getting the puck out of the zone always made the smart play, didnt mind shooting the puck a lil, good tape to tape passes. I think he even had some pk/pp time.

Staubitz gave the ole stick point to dillns nuts, returning the favor because robidas did the same to perry earlier. Only difference staubitz got caught.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden

I wouldn't be as quick as some other posters to praise Lovejoy, afterall it's just one game. He's clearly a risk taker, and I'm worried some nights his rushes could result in a couple of bad turnovers. But given the circumstances, with barely (if any) practice time with the team, he had a good debute. Skated the puck out of danger a couple of times, and Lehtonen had trouble with a couple of his point shots. Lovejoy played with a lot of confidence.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Thanks. Hopefully he turns out a good addition.

And nice to see that Staubitz did something, instead of ignoring how opponents play against us. We haven`t seen that for a while

kicken

Mar 9, 2011
Stockholm
vatanen is best DEFENSMAN anaheim has got up in years..IF NOT ALL TIME! CLEAR SUPERSTAR!:handclap:, you will sing along and Clap your hands for him in game soon othervise you look stupid at HONDA! TRUST ME!

EENOK/IL , Finland
I love you.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
I wouldn't be as quick as some other posters to praise Lovejoy, afterall it's just one game. He's clearly a risk taker, and I'm worried some nights his rushes could result in a couple of bad turnovers. But given the circumstances, with barely (if any) practice time with the team, he had a good debute. Skated the puck out of danger a couple of times, and Lehtonen had trouble with a couple of his point shots. Lovejoy played with a lot of confidence.

didn't see the game but from a pgh fan thats what you will get from lovejoy....and why you need to put him with the right player+right system.......when hes on his game he like to jump all over the ice.......if you want a shutdown de-man you will hate him.....if you can get past that he'll be just fine. imo

Lord Flashheart

Squadron Commander
Jul 21, 2011
Leipzig/Zg
The only problem I had with Staubitz last night that it was on Dillon, should have done that on Robidas.

didn't see the game but from a pgh fan thats what you will get from lovejoy....and why you need to put him with the right player+right system.......when hes on his game he like to jump all over the ice.......if you want a shutdown de-man you will hate him.....if you can get past that he'll be just fine. imo
We don't. Already have Allen and Lydman. Beauchemin, and Souray surprisingly, can also play shutdown role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad