GDT: Ana (7-1-1) @ Texas Guys (5-5-1): Battle of the Greybeards

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowDuck

Captain Anaheim
May 19, 2011
Boston, MA
I wouldn't mind giving those lines a shot. We could also mix it up completely and go with:

Ryan - Getzlaf - Palmieri
Etem - Bonino - Selanne
Winnik - Koivu - Perry
Beleskey - Rakell - Cogliano

Etem's speed should work with Teemu and Bonino can be the defensive presence on the line. Koivu and Winnik may be able to spark Perry and get him producing. It runs the risk of pissing Perry off but it's not like he's doing much on the top line. That line will still get plenty of TOI.

I like these lines other than the 2nd, they would get pushed around and stuck in their own zone way too much imo

2faded

Jul 3, 2009
Torrance, CA
For the record I'm not impressed with Etem on the top line. Yes, he streaks down the wing. But he's been no more dangerous or productive than Beleskey was. Put him back down on a line where he'll play lower quality opposition.

Before you go psycho homer on me prove me wrong on his production.

I agree with pretty much all your posts DVM. You're off on this one. Beleskey kills offensive chances and Etem has been creating chances. Give him time. He looks good. And btw, your last sentence is lame as it is irrelavent considering games played and the situations of both players and i know you only added it for argument purposes.

Imo, Etem has looked great on that line. It should exceed all of your expectations that he's playing as well as he is on a top line in the NHL with barely any pro experience.

Bender66

Send in the clowns
Oct 4, 2008
SoCal
Wow, you guys went to **** fast. One 2-goal loss is all it takes to put the fear of god into you?

This. Every game it's "OMG xyz sucks donkey balls" and "OMG xyz is god."

Ducks got bunch of bounces the last few games. Bounces didn't go their way tonight. Meh.

rollingdux

Jun 2, 2012
So Cal
twitter.com
Yes Ducks have been winning, but what's been slowly coming through is the lack of production by the stars on this team. A goal here and there would be great.

COL Game - Souray, Beauchemin, Koivu
SJ game - Koivu, Souray
LA game- Bonino (3) Palmieri, Souray, Getzlaf, Selanne (EN)
MIN game - Palmieri (2) Ryan
SJ game - Beauchemin, Beleskey
NSH game - Ryan, Winnik

Games like tonight is when you need them to produce. Once they pick it up the PP will start producing. If they can do that, we'll be a much better team.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I agree with pretty much all your posts DVM. You're off on this one. Beleskey kills offensive chances and Etem has been creating chances. Give him time. He looks good. And btw, your last sentence is lame as it is irrelavent considering games played and the situations of both players and i know you only added it for argument purposes.

Imo, Etem has looked great on that line. It should exceed all of your expectations that he's playing as well as he is on a top line in the NHL with barely any pro experience.

The last sentence was directed at one specific poster who I expect to go full aggro on this statement :laugh:

I agree that Beleskey isn't top line material, and I'm not implying that Etem isn't a better player - he clearly is. I'm just not seeing any real chemistry on that line and I've yet to see Etem create a dangerous shot or scoring chance (outside the first game he was up there), which Beleskey was. Regardless, he's not producing up there. I'd like to see him set up to succeed and gain confidence with the better match ups that playing on a lower line will provide him.

SirQuacksALot

A Garibaldi in Kelp
Mar 16, 2010
Does he like keeroles?

tumblr_lnzmor2GwS1qzfnl7.gif

Selanne138

Nov 18, 2009
The last sentence was directed at one specific poster who I expect to go full aggro on this statement :laugh:

I agree that Beleskey isn't top line material, and I'm not implying that Etem isn't a better player - he clearly is. I'm just not seeing any real chemistry on that line and I've yet to see Etem create a dangerous shot or scoring chance (outside the first game he was up there), which Beleskey was. Regardless, he's not producing up there. I'd like to see him set up to succeed and gain confidence with the better match ups that playing on a lower line will provide him.

Etem, has looked fantastic individually, but I dont know how well he has clicked on the top line persay. Personally Id like to see what he can do with whoever were putting on the second line, and put Palmieri back on the top unit, unless they want to retry RPG. I think KP has been the best option there that we've tried this season.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
I wouldn't mind giving those lines a shot. We could also mix it up completely and go with:

Ryan - Getzlaf - Palmieri
Etem - Bonino - Selanne
Winnik - Koivu - Perry
Beleskey - Rakell - Cogliano

Etem's speed should work with Teemu and Bonino can be the defensive presence on the line. Koivu and Winnik may be able to spark Perry and get him producing. It runs the risk of pissing Perry off but it's not like he's doing much on the top line. That line will still get plenty of TOI.
Etem also looked at his most dangerous with Bonino. I like it. I just don't think Gabby will break up the twins.

DaDucks*

Trading Perry would be a better option than putting him on the 3rd line lol

he's not signing with us after being demoted

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Just need a few guys to play better, we'll be fine. Tomorrow will be tough though, they'll really have to dig deep.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
It is to Perry
A demotion would mean that we're forcing him to fight his way back in the top six. We'd be putting him on our most productive line to open up the ketchup bottle. He'll be back in the top six whether it works or not.

DaDucks*

A demotion would mean that we're forcing him to fight his way back in the top six. We'd be putting him on our most productive line to open up the ketchup bottle. He'll be back in the top six whether it works or not.

There's that way of looking at it and then there's mine and Perry's way of looking at it.. The ego way..

Once lines start scoring we don't change them until they get cold again...

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
I haven't seen this game yet and don't know if I plan to watch it after reading the stuff here. We gotta figure out if Ryan is 2nd line center material or not.

DaDucks*

I haven't seen this game yet and don't know if I plan to watch it after reading the stuff here. We gotta figure out if Ryan is 2nd line center material or not.

U should watch the first... The refs set the tone. Dallas played pretty good defensively too...

DaDucks*

Right, because that's what happened with Etem on the 4th line and Palmieri on the 1st.

Put perry on hot 3rd line...perry gets hot... Then put perry back on top line..

Ok sounds good Jesus Christ

PuqTalk

I love Cogliano
Jun 24, 2012
Texas
Man, I'm amazed at some of the comments here. We honestly played a great game outside of the idiotic penalty in the first that led to domination for the first half of the game. Lehtonen stood on his head numerous times in the second period and we just couldn't get over the hump (or refs) in the third. Being at the game I actually expected the Ducks to tie it up and at least get a point with the way we've been playing lately, but we just didn't get the bounces. It's no big deal. Move on to tomorrow night.

We're 7-2-1.

KenWu

Apr 2, 2012
I love our new acquisition in Lovejoy. This shores up our D depth completely. Now we just need consistent production from our 1st line and 2nd line.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Don't think anything needs to be changed, as someone said above we're 7-2-1.

Basically Staubitz is a bonehead and cost 2 goals with dumb penalties, could easily of been 2-2 had that shot that went through Lethonen had gone in, instead of just wide.

Lovejoy was really good, looks a great option for the 3rd pairing when needed.

And no idea how it wasn't icing before Dallas 3rd goal, looked textbook icing from the replay and in real time.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Dallas made Ducks look pretty bad at times. Their offence is dynamic with a lot of skill, I wasn't impressed by their defence but when you have Lehtonen in goal, it's not that bad.

Dallas started better and got a bit lucky with penalties. Few PP goals in and the game was theirs. 2nd period was Ducks' but couldn't score more than one goal. Third period was a bit better for Dallas and the Ducks really couldn't put the pressure on to tie it. Dallas wanted to win more than the Ducks.

I'm a bit worried about the top players, Getzlaf, Perry and Ryan aren't scoring enough. Selänne is also streaky this year. Top players need to be top players and they need to score more. RPG and Selänne are playing from ok to good but don't seem to get to scoring chances that often. Getzlaf and Perry aren't clicking for some reason. I would like to see Palmieri back with them and Etem on the 2nd line.

Also, Fasth should get to start against the Blues. I feel bad for Hiller 'cos the team played like crap when he was in goal and started playing better when Fasth was put in. I don't know if there are some trust issues again but the team let Hiller down. Yeah, he maybe should have stopped those goals but I think the rest of the team could have played better during the 1st.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad